Corrie casts actor with Downs Syndrome.

Comments

• Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A relative for Cathy too. Could be good.
  • SoapAddict99SoapAddict99 Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to see some Diversity, and great to give Cathy a relative. Despite some people's negative reactions to Cathy I really like her quirky nature + I am a huge fan of the actress as she has been in Waterloo road, The Syndicate etc. I think as long as they keep it to her only having one relative here it'll be good. I'd rather not a huge family be brought in for her however it'll be interesting to see how Roy/Cathy/Alex interact and if they live together in Roy's. Overall I am glad they are slowly progressing the friendship and I am glad that they are going to have a big role in the live (Roy and Cathy) as I buy them as a blossoming couple.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to see some Diversity, and great to give Cathy a relative. Despite some people's negative reactions to Cathy I really like her quirky nature + I am a huge fan of the actress as she has been in Waterloo road, The Syndicate etc. I think as long as they keep it to her only having one relative here it'll be good. I'd rather not a huge family be brought in for her however it'll be interesting to see how Roy/Cathy/Alex interact and if they live together in Roy's. Overall I am glad they are slowly progressing the friendship and I am glad that they are going to have a big role in the live (Roy and Cathy) as I buy them as a blossoming couple.

Great post. Melanie Hill is great. I like Cathy too.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First adult downs actor in soap?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »

http://eastenders.wikia.com/wiki/Craig_Moon

Michael Moons secret brother Craig had downs. Although he wasn't a regular.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Emmerdale have had one for 4 years,admittedly not yet adult and Dutch TV did one (may still do) with only Down's actors.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Emmerdale have had one for 4 years,admittedly not yet adult and Dutch TV did one (may still do) with only Down's actors.

There's been a few babies... I meant grown up
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good post I also really like Melanie, Cathy though has been quite a difficult character to like I am warming to her I think bringing in her nephew is a good idea.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the character of Cathy, or the way she is using Roy.
    I look forward to seeing Alex; good luck to him. :)
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keeping the PC brigade happy ;)
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Wyezed wrote: »
    When Billy Mitchell's daughter, Janet EE, was cast it was said the intention was to watch her grow into adulthood.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yay, another PC character for this ever bursting at the seems cast.
  • KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    Oh yay, another PC character for this ever bursting at the seems cast.

I think it's important that people with disabilities are visible in the soaps. The actor was cast as the result of a workshop for people with disabilities.

Don't rubbish it before the character has even appeared.
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    Janet from EE and Minnie from Hollyoaks also have Down's Syndrome.