Options

Why is Corrie on Thursday lately?

SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
Forum Member
Is there an explanation for this? I can't see any missing episodes.

Comments

• Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rugby World Cup starts next month so episodes will be lost then I presume.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I never thought of that.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently it's a big week this week so that's why they have an extra episode.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rugby World Cup is the reason that we keep being given but cynical old me see it as a way for ITV to sneak in a sixth weekly episode without us noticing.
  • Options
    sirgockstersirgockster Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Can't say i have noticed, I would rather pull out my nose hairs with a hammer and chisel than to watch that shyte
  • Options
    Cole DeschanelCole Deschanel Posts: 3,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love my daily fix of Coronation Street so the more episodes the better. Where is the dishy Andy? He seems to havevanished and Steph hhasn't mentioned him.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rugby World Cup is the reason that we keep being given but cynical old me see it as a way for ITV to sneak in a sixth weekly episode without us noticing.

Emmerdale runs six times a week, so no doubt ITV will hope to make the six episodes of Coronation Street permanent.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The weeks been ok
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    I can see the Thursday episodes becoming more of a permanent thing as the ratings suggest that viewers approve.
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say i have noticed, I would rather pull out my nose hairs with a hammer and chisel than to watch that shyte

Which is pretty much how I'd feel if I had to read another of your posts. Seems we all have our crosses to bear...
  • Options
    eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love my daily fix of Coronation Street so the more episodes the better. Where is the dishy Andy? He seems to havevanished and Steph hhasn't mentioned him.

But it's a fact that corrie is piss poor at the moment, I've tried watching it but the acting is embarrassing
  • Options
    David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schools still out I see.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jazbaa1 wrote: »
    I can see the Thursday episodes becoming more of a permanent thing as the ratings suggest that viewers approve.

I do not like Emmerdale and EastEnders being moved to make way for Coronation Street though. If ITV want to show Coronation Street on a Thursday, then they should put Coronation Street on at 8.30, rather than make Emmerdale an hour episode. Emmerdale needs to be kept as a 7 and 8 o clock single episodes
  • Options
    Maria_J47Maria_J47 Posts: 102
    Forum Member

So you are posting on a thread about Corrie because ................................? >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    I do not like Emmerdale and EastEnders being moved to make way for Coronation Street though. If ITV want to show Coronation Street on a Thursday, then they should put Coronation Street on at 8.30, rather than make Emmerdale an hour episode. Emmerdale needs to be kept as a 7 and 8 o clock single episodes

Yes, that's fair enough.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV have known about the RWC for ages and should've just ordered fewer episodes of CS. Let's face it it wouldn't do the show any harm the sorry state it's in.
  • Options
    David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    ITV have known about the RWC for ages and should've just ordered fewer episodes of CS. Let's face it it wouldn't do the show any harm the sorry state it's in.

When has any soap ever done that, ever?