XF: Back To Basics 2 - Semi-Final

Comments

• SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have all judge's votes...and already we have a tie for the bottom!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I won`t be here for the results but I`ll be praying aiden is safe!!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Any viewers votes? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only 1 viewer has voted now, but I've promised that viewer not to mention who it was.
    There is under 50 minutes left to vote and the tie has been broken.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    20 minutes left...no more votes have been coming in...

I hope the Final will have more votes involved, speaking of which I'll talk about that later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that's it, you can do no more as the lines have now CLOSED!

Whilst I'm counting and verify the votes, it's time for a word from our sponsors! :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYlD0KXujAk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,313
    Forum Member
    All the best of luck to all the acts. I would love to get Little Mix and MK1 through to the final :)
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best of luck to those fortunate enough to have acts
    Forum Member
    jackamakka wrote: »
    Best of luck to those fortunate enough to have acts

Thanks Jack, I still genuinely think Ruth deserves to be here tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you're a fan of cats like I am, that may have amused you for a moment. ;) Anyways, back to the serious stuff...so tonight, our four remaining acts all went for broke by singing twice, however for one act tonight, the dream is over after coming such a long way. So let's now welcome back the judges and the Semi-Finalists!

pingu58011 & The last of the Boys
    Aiden Grimshaw

Kuda_Kunaka & The last of the Girls
    Treyc Cohen

jackamakka who has no remaining Overs

bboy1988 & The Groups
    Little Mix
    MK1

Okay you have chosen your finalists and tonight's result was VERY tight between two acts, so good luck to everyone.

So, in NO particular order, the first act going through to the Final is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LITTLE MIX!

Congratulations girls, you're on your way to winning once more.

The second act safely through to the Final is...
    Forum Member
    Yay, thanks for keeping my girls in :)

C'mon MK1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats Little Mix! I hope you step up your game for the final
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AIDEN GRIMSHAW!

Once again, the public has disagreed...congrats to Aiden who's appearing in his first final since What DS Wanted back in 2011.

So this means we're left with Treyc Cohen & MK1, only one of you has done enough to go through...
    and so the third and final act definitely through to the live Final is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, I think this is a bad decision. Aiden has not been the best performer at all this series and should not have lasted this long, especially when he's putting out one of the best voices of the competition in either MK1 or Treyc
    Forum Member
    No offence to Pingu, but seriously??
    Forum Member
    Steve you would be as well posting now because we all know MK1 is out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TREYC COHEN!

Congratulations Treyc and Kuda, you're one step closer to adding another win to your collection.

However with deep sadness, this means that MK1 is out of the competition for good in 4th place. :(

Commiserations to MK1 and Stephen who is down to his final act...I'm actually really sad to see this happen so I think this group deserves to have a farewell performance, so if you have a farewell song ready, please post it.

So, are we now ready to find out the themes for the Final?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats Treyc, however both of you should have been in the Final. Aiden does not deserve to be in the final, sorry to be harsh, but it's the truth.
    Forum Member
    I have to agree with Jack on that one. Aiden has given some cringe worthy performances and MK1 and Treyc should have both been in the final with Little Mix.

But anyways here with 2 very different performances we have the incredible MK1
    I Need A Doctor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c5ODprdR7M

Dirty Money

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If6EB1P0ITY

and something I was gonna take a huge risk on for thier winners single with Charlie singing the chorus of Let It Be
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B56EGMGG4BI
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Outstanding performances from MK1, what a way to go!

Well, the Final is going to be a very busy night, so here is how it's going to go, the themes we have are...

PARTY SONGS!

Then it'll be...
    CELEBRITY DUET!

Then the lines will open and later, we'll announce the act eliminated in 3rd place before moving on to...
    FAVORITE SONG!

...and the most important one of all...
    WINNER'S SONG!

So just to clarify, the first theme is about finding songs that make you wanna party and it must be upbeat so NO BALLADS for this theme please! Celebrity Duet is self-explanatory, just find a song that would go well with a celebrity singer. We will then have the lines open where we'll find out which act will be out in third place before we move on to the favorite song which is choosing your favorite performance from the Series and then finally the winners song which is finding ANY song you believe will win you the competition...oh yeah covers are allowed once more!

The date for the Final is going to be Tuesday 19th at 6pm, because it's gonna be a long night because after the final result will be the release of the voting figures! So good luck with this last show of the Series...or will it be the last Series? You'll have to wait and find out later in the Final. ;)
    Forum Member
    Didn't we more or less have the party songs theme in the form of floor fillers already??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah we did, but the other one I had in mind was Debut Singles, but I can change it to debut singles if you wish.
    Forum Member
    Your choice, but I would say just keep it as it is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Righty-ho. Party Songs stays.

I have tons of other themes but I plan to save them for when Battle Of The Seasons comes back in middle of May. :cool: