Series 9 - Official Trailer

Comments

• CM2604CM2604 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    The Doctor has a guitar!!! *Checks Pulse* The Doctor has a guitar!!!
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught this today on Iplayer, looks good, glad to see Missy again :) Personally, I'm disappointed that the doctor plays the guitar. I've only ever watched season 1 of GOT, but saying that Maisie looks cool :) I thought the Zygons were at peace with the humans now, oh I see, this is related to THAT rumour.

Talking of THAT rumour, trust Moffat to want to rewrite that history as well (stirs pot)

Anyway, good teaser/trailer, bring on September.

p.s. Jenna looks fab in an Orange jumpsuit
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the three-faced man playing cards with himself is a Skaro mutant?

His tin helmet looks like a soldier's, and there appears to be a rifle leaning against the wall behind him.

Who else will boycot series 10 if the Skaro episode in series 9 doesn't feature giant clams?
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am absolutely dying to see the Doctor playing guitar. I love Capaldi more every time I see him. :)

I've not looked forward to a series more after seeing a trailer since series 4.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bokonon wrote: »
    Surprised at how quiet it is in the aftermath of the teaser.

LIKES- Capaldi's hair and the Zygon.
    DISLIKES- Capaldi's guitar and the slightly desperate genre referencing (Living Dead, Game of Thrones).

Still waiting to hear how this is desperate.
    Forum Member
    Still waiting to hear how this is desperate.

Because Doctor Who has become - under Moffat - a mere tribute act to other shows and films. Snakes On A Plane, Star Wars, Star Trek, The Time Tunnel, Omen, Howard the Duck, Kids of Degrassi Street, Despicable Me (The robots played by Mitchell & Webb were such a rip-off of Minions) and now Game of Thrones.

If RTD were still in charge, it would be Game of Thrones copying Doctor Who, and the new Star Wars film (which is seriously shaping up to be a Who-killer, with Star Trek's 50th acting as undertaker) would barely register on anyone's radar.

It's like people staring at the cold white ash in a barbecue on the Monday morning after Sunday afternoon's cooking and being so unable to come to terms with the party being over that they refuse to even admit the fire's gone out! It's Moffat's new clothes.

We need a new barbecue, with a new bag of charcoal for it. All the neighbours are having much more fun than us these days!
  • Whoswho1Whoswho1 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Doctor Who has become - under Moffat - a mere tribute act to other shows and films. Snakes On A Plane, Star Wars, Star Trek, The Time Tunnel, Omen, Howard the Duck, Kids of Degrassi Street, Despicable Me (The robots played by Mitchell & Webb were such a rip-off of Minions) and now Game of Thrones.

If RTD were still in charge, it would be Game of Thrones copying Doctor Who, and the new Star Wars film (which is seriously shaping up to be a Who-killer, with Star Trek's 50th acting as undertaker) would barely register on anyone's radar.

!

Ahhh, the I hate moffat hate poster, there's one in every crowd:):)
  • Whoswho1Whoswho1 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's because the fire's gone out.

Protest all you want, people, but it's true. Capaldi got the lowest overnight since Troughton last year! .

What is your beef with Capaldi? Did he kick your dog?

He also got the highest ratings ever on BBC America
    Forum Member
    Whoswho1 wrote: »
    Ahhh, the I hate moffat hate poster, there's one in every crowd:):)

Not at all. I think he's easily in the top-3 of all time Nu-Who showrunners.
    Whoswho1 wrote: »
    He also got the highest ratings ever on BBC America

But not BBC3.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But not BBC3.

The fire sure went out on BBC3.
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    The fire sure went out on BBC3.

Actually, BBC3 has never been so popular, especially for a channel that's been going ten years.

Unlike channels stuck in the past, BBC3 will ascend to become a channel of streaming alone. Free of the costs of terrestrial transmitters. Where conventional real-time broadcasting and appointment viewing cease to exist.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC3 will ascend

For Britain!

*spittle*

For Victory!

*double spittle*

FOR THE END... OF TERRESTRIAL... ITSELF!

*catastrophic salivary ejection*
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    For Britain!

*spittle*

For Victory!

*double spittle*

FOR THE END... OF TERRESTRIAL... ITSELF!

*catastrophic salivary ejection*

You got it.

I take any show about a 2000 year old alien who travels through time & space in a wooden box with a succession of busty, leggy teenage girls just as seriously as you, Moffat or Ian Levine.
    Forum Member
    Many people have waffled on this thread, but no one has wondered along with me about those things in the trailer. Could the three-faced man just be a Skaro mutant soldier rather than an important alien in another episode?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's like people staring at the cold white ash in a barbecue on the Monday morning after Sunday afternoon's cooking and being so unable to come to terms with the party being over that they refuse to even admit the fire's gone out! It's Moffat's new clothes.

We need a new barbecue, with a new bag of charcoal for it. All the neighbours are having much more fun than us these days!

Yep. Some people really have waffled on in this thread.
    Forum Member
    Yep. Some people really have waffled on in this thread.

See? Snide, nameless and hiding passively-aggressively behind a reply to a post made 4 hours ago from a post made just minutes ago. Just as I observed in another thread, which you didn't like either. You keep telling it like it is. It's what you do best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See? Snide, nameless and hiding passively-aggressively behind a reply to a post made 4 hours ago from a post made just minutes ago. Just as I observed. You keep telling it like it is. It's what you do best.

No. Not at all passive aggressive. My point was obvious. So were you being gently sarcastic when you said others have waffled or did you mean it? See the problem?
    Forum Member
    were you being gently sarcastic when you said others have waffled or did you mean it?

For the third time, what do you think about the three-faced man?

I'm not alone in perceiving that there is less posting about the show these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the third time, what do you think about the three-faced man?

I assume its a random alien for a bit of set dressing or maybe something more significant. Can't say right now .
    Forum Member
    I assume its... a bit of set dressing or maybe something more significant. Can't say...

OK, thanks for your input. I'm sure you've given other fans plenty to think about with that immensely creative speculation.

Being a Doctor Who fan on a forum is so exciting and inspiring these days. Unlike 2006, when every female was destined to be the Rani and every male was sure to be Omega and Adam was a young Davros, before the incident...
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    OK, thanks for your input. I'm sure you've given other fans plenty to think about with that immensely creative speculation.

Being a Doctor Who fan on a forum is so exciting and inspiring these days. Unlike 2006, when every female was destined to be the Rani and every male was sure to be Omega and Adam was a young Davros, before the incident...

...and we didn't have to cope with the relentlessly negative posting, or even worse: the 'hilarious' ironic troll postings.

It used to be a place to discuss things here. Now it's a place to be chided at and ridiculed for a lack of taste due to you not being appalled by Moffat. Or getting sucked in to someone's (yours this time, but other's before) pastiche of those same people.

It's not lack of interest in the show, it's lack of interest in the posters and postings here.
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    It used to be a place to discuss things here. Now it's a place to be chided at and ridiculed for a lack of taste due to you not being appalled by Moffat.

Yes, because the reception of burping bins in the first RTD episode and farting aliens a few weeks later was met with universal praise by Internet forums...

By the way and completely as an aside, what do you think about the three-faced man in the trailer?
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because the reception of burping bins in the first RTD episode and farting aliens a few weeks later was met with universal praise by Internet forums...

By the way and completely as an aside, what do you think about the three-faced man in the trailer?

I'm more curious about his tin hat and the fact he seems to be siting at some kind of bar?

So, he has two/three faces - but he is still dressed like he has been or is about to go into a fight. So question, did a war give him this face, or is his face always like this? Either he always has two/three faces war or no war, or he was normal went into a chemically destructive war, got his face messed up and now is back in the war.

Curiously enough, from a totally different episode and story I suspect, there is the man in the robe, whose face seems to be sliced up perpendicular to this guy. I'm not buying he's the pre-missy Master yet.
  • KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the three-faced man playing cards with himself is a Skaro mutant?

His tin helmet looks like a soldier's, and there appears to be a rifle leaning against the wall behind him.

Who else will boycot series 10 if the Skaro episode in series 9 doesn't feature giant clams?

I like a nice clam...

The guy (?) three faces and three shots in front of him and some cards or other tokens. Fortunes of War?? Might be Skaro but certainly needs a lick of paint.
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    I'm more curious about his tin hat and the fact he seems to be siting at some kind of bar?

I wondered if this was before mutants were banished into the wastelands. Maybe they used to be accepted by society but things changed as the war became more desperate, and maybe even after Davros started openly talking about mutation being inevitable for all Kaleds (which could have spooked Kaleds into turning on any mutation and becoming obsessed with staying pure). I'd assume he was born that way, like a Siamese triplet. I'd also assume Davros only started experimenting after he was in the chair, though as I said in another post, it would be interesting if the series started by undoing everything that ever happened to Davros, the Kaleds and the Time War.
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Curiously enough, from a totally different episode and story I suspect, there is the man in the robe, whose face seems to be sliced up perpendicular to this guy. I'm not buying he's the pre-missy Master yet.

I'm almost certain his stony background is Karn. So it does seem reasonable that he's a Timelord looking for help. But that doesn't mean he has to be the Master, of course. If it had been Eric Roberts...