Options

Possible shock return for Sharon and Phil's wedding.

basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
Forum Member
In the coming up for the following week( after next week) of Eastenders in Eastenders it says Sharon and Phil's relatives turn up for the wedding.
As far as I know only Ronnie, Ben and Aunt Sal turn up but none of the are Sharon's family.
Is Vicki making a shock return I wonder. Interesting as well that in the trailer Aunt Sal is shown talking about why Peggy cant come. Putting us of the scent for a shock return?

Comments

• Options
    Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well DTC did say there was shock returns in September
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be great if Vicky is back.
  • Options
    ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit saddened that Peggy isn't back for the wedding. It would be wonderful to have Vicky Fowler back (recast)
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's only one return worth having for Sharon and Phil's wedding, and that is Grant.
  • Options
    The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    I genuinely think Peggy will be back. Barbara Windsor has openly said she wouldn't be coming back full time, but would like to come back sporadically. If she's back for two or three episodes, it'd be marvellous! Even just to see her have one final showdown with Sharon.

One thing does confuse me though - if you go on YouTube and search for Sharon's final episode in 2006, she gets into a cab with Phil and makes him promise he will make Johnny Allen pay for Dennis's death. Before she gets into the cab, her relationship with Peggy seems to be relatively rational. I believe even Peggy wishes her luck for the future or something. I know they have a long-standing history, but essentially that'd be the last time they would've seen each other, so surely it'd still stand?
  • Options
    MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grrrraaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnttttttttttt!!!!!
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely think Peggy will be back. Barbara Windsor has openly said she wouldn't be coming back full time, but would like to come back sporadically. If she's back for two or three episodes, it'd be marvellous! Even just to see her have one final showdown with Sharon.

One thing does confuse me though - if you go on YouTube and search for Sharon's final episode in 2006, she gets into a cab with Phil and makes him promise he will make Johnny Allen pay for Dennis's death. Before she gets into the cab, her relationship with Peggy seems to be relatively rational. I believe even Peggy wishes her luck for the future or something. I know they have a long-standing history, but essentially that'd be the last time they would've seen each other, so surely it'd still stand?

I think Peggy and Sharon are fine as long as Sharon isn't in a relationship with one of her sons.
  • Options
    BringBackZsaZsaBringBackZsaZsa Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Hopefully, it's Grant Mitchell and Vicki Fowler. What about Martin Fowler? He's been seen around BBC Elstree Studios and his return might be for Sonia and Kush not the wedding.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    Grrrraaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnttttttttttt!!!!!

I think DS, no twitter, no THE INTERNET would go into meltdown if that happened!! :D
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALowsley wrote: »
    I'm a bit saddened that Peggy isn't back for the wedding. It would be wonderful to have Vicky Fowler back (recast)

I don't know, I wouldn't mind the same actress. I've seen her in other things and she is a very good actress these days.

I think the writing let her down originally.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like Sharon Watts back for Sharon's wedding. :(
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    I am hoping its Grant and Peggy, I know the great Aunt Sal is back. :D
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    I would like Sharon Watts back for Sharon's wedding. :(

:D So true. I thought we were getting her back there for a bit but she has backtracked again with the backing down of her revenge plans and then the bitchiness with Linda.

We will soon see her wandering around the Square crying "Denny, Denny!" again :(
  • Options
    jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D So true. I thought we were getting her back there for a bit but she has backtracked again with the backing down of her revenge plans and then the bitchiness with Linda.

We will soon see her wandering around the Square crying "Denny, Denny!" again :(

I no I was gutted wen she started all this backing down, as for denny, where is he? She was in the pub polishing off her 4th bottle of wine ( 2 in the house 2 in the pub) and phils doing Shirley up the arches, jays at the cop shop so where's Denny he's not with roxy as she's got missing Amy who hasn't been seen for months to worry about.
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Preeti Whatsherface. Nobody would see that coming.
  • Options
    MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I think DS, no twitter, no THE INTERNET would go into meltdown if that happened!! :D

It would be the best thing to happen to EastEnders in years - and I love EastEnders!

I can see it now...they get back to the house after the wedding, all shouty and angry at each other - when the door bell rings.

Who could that be?!

"Alright bruv..."

:o)

We can but hope!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't have minded if she verbalised some intelligence while she was doing so but the whole 'I've got a wonderful man' thing is just so stupid. I wonder if all this is supposed to show us that Shirley is 'the one' for Phil and Sharon is just the dumb cow who got in her way.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't have minded if she verbalised some intelligence while she was doing so but the whole 'I've got a wonderful man' thing is just so stupid. I wonder if all this is supposed to show us that Shirley is 'the one' for Phil and Sharon is just the dumb cow who got in her way.

I'm not sure. I personally believe Shirley is the right woman for Phil but I think tptb see Sharon and Phil as a pair of star crossed lovers who should be together but it always goes wrong somehow.

Sharon is jealous of what Linda has with Mick and knows fine well she does not have that with Phil. No one could have it with Phil because he is incapable of it but I think he is at his most 'honest' about himself when he is with Shirley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure. I personally believe Shirley is the right woman for Phil but I think tptb see Sharon and Phil as a pair of star crossed lovers who should be together but it always goes wrong somehow.

Sharon is jealous of what Linda has with Mick and knows fine well she does not have that with Phil. No one could have it with Phil because he is incapable of it but I think he is at his most 'honest' about himself when he is with Shirley.

To be honest I think 'the right woman for Phil' is whoever the EP wants it to be. If Sharon is written as a snobby deluded cow and Shirley as pliant wet nurse, and **** buddy, who Phil's family suddenly prefer then it's clear we are being led by the nose to think a certain way and I lose the will to care.

But I still recall 2006 Sharon saying to Phil that she could never trust him and I want that woman who had a modicum of intelligence back.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I think 'the right woman for Phil' is whoever the EP wants it to be. If Sharon is written as a snobby deluded cow and Shirley as pliant wet nurse, and **** buddy, who Phil's family suddenly prefer then it's clear we are being led by the nose to think a certain way and I lose the will to care.

But I still recall 2006 Sharon saying to Phil that she could never trust him and I want that woman who had a modicum of intelligence back.

*Standing ovation for Oval Eyes*

:D

Well said.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peggy v Sharon would be fab.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

+ 1

TBH I'd rather they both walked away. Better to be alone than settle for that lying control freak and his psycho son. I find Sharon harder to understand when it comes to Ben, just why any decent mother would want her child brought up in the same house as him is beyond me.

I'm going to be so glad when this so called love triangle comes to an end. Some of the lines that Linda and Letitia have to come out with are pure cringe....I feel embarrassed for both of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    *Standing ovation for Oval Eyes*

:D

Well said.

Thank you. I'm disturbed that I care so much. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    + 1

TBH I'd rather they both walked away. Better to be alone than settle for that lying control freak and his psycho son. I find Sharon harder to understand when it comes to Ben, just why any decent mother would want her child brought up in the same house as him is beyond me.

I'm going to be so glad when this so called love triangle comes to an end. Some of the lines that Linda and Letitia have to come out with are pure cringe....I feel embarrassed for both of them.

Thank you! Good point 're Denny, particularly given the link to his father's death. Sharon has known the Mitchells for well over 2 decades. She was never this daft and equally I thought Shirley had a kind of nobility during the Ev reveal, short lived as it was.
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. I'm disturbed that I care so much. :o

Do an acceptance speech worthy of Shazza (not of Danny Dyer).:D