The DS Eurovision Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    I definitely blame you Claire :p:D

But it doesn't explain why I got a "penile dysfunction" advert up after my last refresh :confused:

Ooooooh I could do with that:o
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that we'd completely sorted that yet, but am happy to be the host of the first semi final at the beginning of the week as I'm not working :)

Im happy to do the 2nd semi as I should be off work all week
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely blame you Claire :p:D

But it doesn't explain why I got a "penile dysfunction" advert up after my last refresh :confused:
    Ooooooh I could do with that:o

On second thoughts, what have people been saying about Whigfield...? :eek::p
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im quite drunk but has anyone noticed that Molitva could quite easily be changed to "Lolita"?
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    Im quite drunk but has anyone noticed that Molitva could quite easily be changed to "Lolita"?

it can also be changed to lovatim ;)
  • WeeblesWobbleWeeblesWobble Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's finally happened, I have found a boyfriend that is actually agreeable to my Eurovision addiction! Although he did say he liked Dima Bilan in 2008 so life isn't perfect but it's a start :D
  • ShadyNathanShadyNathan Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's finally happened, I have found a boyfriend that is actually agreeable to my Eurovision addiction! Although he did say he liked Dima Bilan in 2008 so life isn't perfect but it's a start :D

Congratulations :D However the Dima Bilan thing would be an instant fail for me!
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oooh, congrats! :D
    I hope his admiration for Dima Bilan is no obstacle for a good relationship.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry he has to go:p
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Weebles, I'd like to congratulate you, but have you thought this through? Has he taken the schlager test?

Q1 - How long should a song last?
    a) Over 5 mins
    b) 2 1/2 mins or thereabouts
    c) 3 minutes exactly, to the second

Q2 - How do you feel about key changes?
    a) Not bothered
    b) I hate them
    c) There should always be at least one! Preferably more!

Q3 - How should a song end?
    a) I like a "fade to finish"
    b) Not really bothered
    c) Definitive high note ending, with pyrotechnics and flags, lots of flags!

Optional Q4 - Do you have a sequin tie?
    a) No
    b) Definitely no
    c) Yes! I have them in various colours!

One should never enter into a relationship lightly Weebles...
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weebles, I'd like to congratulate you, but have you thought this through? Has he taken the schlager test?

a) Over 5 mins

a) Not bothered
    b) I hate them

b) Not really bothered

a) No
    b) Definitely no

:D

BTW, you forgot to mention the air-punch that is mandatory.

First exposure to this weeks playlist as I catch up with the past 2 days worth of The Whigfield Appreciation Thread.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

a) Over 5 mins

a) Not bothered
    b) I hate them

b) Not really bothered

a) No
    b) Definitely no

:D:D:D
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

End it immediately :p Aww congrats
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

a) Over 5 mins

a) Not bothered
    b) I hate them

b) Not really bothered

a) No
    b) Definitely no

Perfect! Although I have no sequin tie!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually quite like this... am considering a New Year treat ;)

Classy as ever Nathan.;):D

Some news to be going on with......apparently we will know the 30 selected artists/songs for the Austrian pre-selection on January 3rd. They will then be whittled down to 10 Finalists for the NF show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else been checking back with The Belgian webvote? It's turned into on-line madness. I checked the list of qualifiers 2 days ago and there were no more than 16 acts through to the Final but in the last 48 hours it's gone manic and there are now 30 qualified acts with at least 2 more likely to make the cut-off point before the poll closes at noon tomorrow. That's one hell of a NF they are going to have. :D
  • Pdm1987Pdm1987 Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Congratulations! My other half says he's hates Eurovision but still manages to sing the songs as they play (very loudly) in my car all the time, and let's me have Eurovision parties with flags and everything. I am lucky to have this website to feed my addiction cos otherwise I'd be driving everybody mad with constant talk of 'ooh Italy are back' 'and so are San Marino'. Nobody else cares but me lol :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm. Looks like for the first time ever I'll be spending New Years on my own in my house! Oh well, just another excuse to watch this year's contest for the millionth time whilst getting steadily more drunk! And there'll also be Romania's entry to review though presumably I'll be on my own here as well! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. Looks like for the first time ever I'll be spending New Years on my own in my house! Oh well, just another excuse to watch this year's contest for the millionth time whilst getting steadily more drunk! And there'll also be Romania's entry to review though presumably I'll be on my own here as well! :D

If it wasn't for the fact you're watching eurovision I'd feel sorry for you :D

I'm going to be out in Liverpool... badgering the DJ in GBar for a bit of Ani Lorak... he/she actually played it for me once!!! :D
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't count on it gottago ... I will be at work although I might be a little too busy to post :(
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're not alone, I'm too full of cold to go out plus I have two labradors to look after. I hope it isn't just me and you, gotterz. :D
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Classy as ever Nathan.;):D

Some news to be going on with......apparently we will know the 30 selected artists/songs for the Austrian pre-selection on January 3rd. They will then be whittled down to 10 Finalists for the NF show.

I'm optimistic about Austria as there is some quality lurking in there. This may or may not be one of them but it's from Glenys Vargas who was one of the American backing singers (the one in the middle) for Albania this year.
    http://cluboe3.orf.at/gutenmorgenduesseldorf/interpreten/detail?page=0,7

What is more interesting however is the blog she wrote about her Eurovision experience. If you ignore the comments about how superior American music is and indeed how wonderful Americans are, it's an enjoyable read.
    http://glenysromeandbeyond.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/my-big-fat-eurovision-experience/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to be out in Liverpool... badgering the DJ in GBar for a bit of Ani Lorak... he/she actually played it for me once!!! :D
    Oh god I HATE GBar! We used to go in there before we were 18 because they never IDed anyone but I thought it was just horrible. And I was always scared the roof was going to cave in on me when I was in the basement! I was so happy when I turned 18! Now it's Revolution, Ça va and Djangos all the way for me! :D
    Don't count on it gottago ... I will be at work although I might be a little too busy to post :(
    You're not alone, I'm too full of cold to go out plus I have two labradors to look after. I hope it isn't just me and you, gotterz. :D

Well we'll just have to have our own NYE party on here then! I apologise to all the other regulars in advance for what could well end up being pages and pages of mindless drunken drivel! Though when is this thread not full of that?!
This discussion has been closed.