The Slimming World Thread

13»

Comments

• GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are doing extra easy - a good idea if you are new as it is easy, then use the first column headed extra easy.

If you have a lot to lose (depends what you mean by a lot, I mean 5 stone at a very minimum) then aim for the higher end (15) you don't have to have them if you don't want or need them though but will give you something to cut down on in the future when you weigh less and need less calories.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm tempted to join the online version but having looked on their website I'm struggling to find details on how it works for vegetarian/vegan.

I don't eat fish, eggs or any type of meat substitute (such as quorn or tofu). I already have a pretty restricted set of food stuffs that i eat but know my extra calories are coming from cheese n the bad stuff like chocolate.

Can I tailor all of that info online to find meal types that will work for me?

I travel a lot with work so either up and out on the train by 6am or on the road so don't have access to be making breakfast or lunch anywhere and often not in till after 8 so need to be able to do it with stuff I can buy rather than have to make.
  • kjh84kjh84 Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    If you are doing extra easy - a good idea if you are new as it is easy, then use the first column headed extra easy.

If you have a lot to lose (depends what you mean by a lot, I mean 5 stone at a very minimum) then aim for the higher end (15) you don't have to have them if you don't want or need them though but will give you something to cut down on in the future when you weigh less and need less calories.

I need to lose at least 6 stone and yes i'm going to doing extra easy. Thank you so much for your help.
  • aero63aero63 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    I started at 12st 8 and am now 12st 3 and 1/4 after 3 weeks of the extra easy. It's not massive loss but it's something I guess.
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aero63 wrote: »
    I started at 12st 8 and am now 12st 3 and 1/4 after 3 weeks of the extra easy. It's not massive loss but it's something I guess.

It's five bags of sugar!! Think of it in those terms and it's not insignificant really is it!
    Forum Member
    kyresa wrote: »
    It's five bags of sugar!! Think of it in those terms and it's not insignificant really is it!

Thanks kyresa, just hoped for a more significant reduction in the early weeks.
  • BeccyJayne2247BeccyJayne2247 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I joined yesterday as they have a group who use a room where I work. Weighed in yesterday at 10 st 9 so I have put on a stone and 2 ibs over the last 18 months :-(

I actually started the eating plan today though as I had a few things to get rid of yesterday (it was a spur of the moment decision to join when i was chatting to the consultant).

I really really want to do well at this. I have set myself a target of losing a stone and the 10% target is just a pound more thant that.

My problem is I am a very fussy eater, I dont like many fruit and vegetable and struggle to force myself to cook them. Hopefully this plan will make me better at eating them and preparing them and trying new things. Tried a banana and a tomato today, both ok so I can add those to my list of things to eat.

Tuna, pasta and salad for lunch and jacket potato and beans for tea today. 1 syn eaten so far in the extra light mayo I had with tuna.
  • kjh84kjh84 Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot about posting an update, well after a week of being on SW i lost 3lb. Can't believe that i've actually managed to stick with it :D Good luck to anyone that's just started it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I joined yesterday as they have a group who use a room where I work. Weighed in yesterday at 10 st 9 so I have put on a stone and 2 ibs over the last 18 months :-(

I actually started the eating plan today though as I had a few things to get rid of yesterday (it was a spur of the moment decision to join when i was chatting to the consultant).

I really really want to do well at this. I have set myself a target of losing a stone and the 10% target is just a pound more thant that.

My problem is I am a very fussy eater, I dont like many fruit and vegetable and struggle to force myself to cook them. Hopefully this plan will make me better at eating them and preparing them and trying new things. Tried a banana and a tomato today, both ok so I can add those to my list of things to eat.

Tuna, pasta and salad for lunch and jacket potato and beans for tea today. 1 syn eaten so far in the extra light mayo I had with tuna.

Woah there. That's a lot of carbs you got going on there, not to mention the mayo! (light is still fattening). So unless you have a good workout routine to burn of the excess energy from the carbs I can not see you losing much on that food plan.
  • BeccyJayne2247BeccyJayne2247 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, I joined on the spur of the moment and so, until we go food shopping at the weekend I am gonna have to do the best I can with what is currently in the cupboards!!

I do lots of exercise, walk 4 miles a day Mon - Fri, walk the dog everyday, Bokwa once a week, gym for an hour and a half another two times a week so hopefully one day with too many carbs is not going to be to bad!

Today so far has been breakfast of weetabix with skimmed milk , mid morning snack of a banana, lunch was tuna, slice of ham and 4 slices of wafer thin chicken with iceberg lettuce, cucumber and a teaspoon of extra light mayo then an apple, with a vanilla muller light yogurt for this afternoon snack.

Tonight, probably roasted medierranen veg ( I have a frozen pack in the freezer), cauli, broccoli, carrots and two fish fingers! With one square of cadbury dairy milk for a treat!
    Forum Member
    Woah there. That's a lot of carbs you got going on there, not to mention the mayo! (light is still fattening). So unless you have a good workout routine to burn of the excess energy from the carbs I can not see you losing much on that food plan.

I'm on that plan and have eaten both pasta and jacket potatoes regularly and have lost half a stone and my partner has lost a stone, so it does work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aero63 wrote: »
    I'm on that plan and have eaten both pasta and jacket potatoes regularly and have lost half a stone and my partner has lost a stone, so it does work.

fair do's. Horse for courses. I just know with that amount of carbs in one meal I would be zonked. ;)
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fair do's. Horse for courses. I just know with that amount of carbs in one meal I would be zonked. ;)

And I've lost nearly two stone. If it's in the plan, it should work, and there are many many "before after" pics even on facebook to show it does work very well :)

And you talk about "that plan" - do you mean the slimming world plan which is what this thread is about - for people who are on "that plan"?