Options

Most shocking TV moment you've ever witnessed?

Comments

• Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Not drama but how about some of the coverage of Gaddafi's demise which I think was on some news stations? You saw a bloodied man being surrounded by locals and stabbed repeatedly. It's the most gruesome thing I've ever seen on television. Death by celebrating mob.

Spooks - deep fryer.
    House of Cards - throwing Maddie from the roof
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pleeaase no more Spooks deep fat fryer

has anyone mentioned Line of Duty...boiling water on hands?
  • Options
    Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new girl getting chucked out of the window in Line Of Duty was horrific. Especially if you're as much of a wuss with heights as me. :o

Libby and Ana Lucia getting killed by Michael in Lost too, very unexpected.
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been able to forget Cheggers in THAT series !!

Cocktail sausage , that's all I'm saying .....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not drama but how about some of the coverage of Gaddafi's demise which I think was on some news stations? You saw a bloodied man being surrounded by locals and stabbed repeatedly. It's the most gruesome thing I've ever seen on television. Death by celebrating mob.

How did I miss that ...gutted .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelts wrote: »
    Got to be the deep fat fryer in Spooks
    and Ernest Bishop getting shot in Corrie (no spoilers back then)
    Lots of news items

We should start a petition to get the 'drama and intrigue " back into the soaps .

Where is the fun and interest when you know what's coming up in future episodes and next weeks murder is shown on This Morning .??

Crazy ...

I much preferred the old days and they got much better viewing figures ....didn't have Sky competition though ....
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new girl getting chucked out of the window in Line Of Duty was horrific. Especially if you're as much of a wuss with heights as me. :o

Libby and Ana Lucia getting killed by Michael in Lost too, very unexpected.

That was a pretty shocking twist alright.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a pretty shocking twist alright.

Yeah it was a shocker ....fancy chucking that lovely Midwife out of the window ...without any warning as well !
  • Options
    rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The end of Blake's 7 when Avon killed Blake and just about everyone else was gunned down by the Federation.

It came a complete shock
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    When Brodie was hanged in Homeland, I kept praying for someone to put a stop too it! Couldn't stop thinking about it for days.
  • Options
    sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot remember the name of the drama but it was a one or two-parter on BBC One in the past few years. A man was bound and gagged to a chair. Another man bent over the bloke and pulled something out of the guy’s chest......his friggin’ heart!!! I think it was something to do with Voodoo or perhaps he’d had a Chinese takeawy and was peckish. Anyone who’s ever eaten at the Aust services would probably prefer a freshly plucked human heart. .....yumyumyumyumyum!
    It was orrrrribal!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The young policewoman being picked up by a guy dressed as a female nurse and thrown out of the top window of the hospital room in Line Of Duty

very shocking and edge of the seat stuff, various moments in Spooks also.
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Alf Roberts wife died on Coronation Street., Reene I think her name was. I was only about 8 or so.

I also can remember Ernest being killed. I can still picture Emily who fainted when she heard Ernest had been killed.
  • Options
    dammitbatman!!dammitbatman!! Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Kutner's suicide in House was very shocking. Didn't see any spoilers for it so it really came as a surprise.
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw an episode of 999 as a child with this kid with a javelin through his neck
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Brodie was hanged in Homeland, I kept praying for someone to put a stop too it! Couldn't stop thinking about it for days.

Wow - Spoiler alert please !!

I'm not coming back I here again ...Jees .
  • Options
    SWilkesSWilkes Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    petely wrote: »
    South Vietnamese general shoots prisoner in the head. I watched it when it was broadcast 40-odd years ago and have never forgotten it.

That's the first thing I thought of as well, It's an image etched on my mind from 40 years ago. I saw it on a 2 or 3 part documentary in the early to mid 1970's about the power of television. I was a young teenager at the time and even as a 53 year old now I would not watch it again, even though someone has posted a link to it.
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Wow - Spoiler alert please !!

I'm not coming back I here again ...Jees .

Massive spoiler thanks alot, its not exactly been on long. I have just started season on netflix. Grrrrr

Edit sorry not directed at you ,but i share your pain.
  • Options
    Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In all fairness, you could've had the sense to realise "shocking" moments are surprising, and therefore spoilers.
  • Options
    woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The attempted rape of Lol in This Is England 86. I remember watching it at the time and wanting to throw up. Vicks McClure played the part amazingly well.

Yep I second this.

It was so uncomfortable to watch. Her own dad attempting to rape her =(
    Plus when her dad raped the other girl on the sofa .
    Horrible .
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Unless the op specified a date which these shocking moments had to happen before then i don't think people can complain about spoilers. If something happened on tv last night we could mention it in here because it is how the thread works
  • Options
    woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The documentary called The Bridge

You were actually watching people commit suicide,jumping off the golden gate bridge, I found it rather shocking and upsetting

Also Fatboy snogging Denise in the toilets in Eastenders. I normally dib in and out of EE , I was like 'where the hell did that come from!?!'
  • Options
    georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When zeddie jumped put of the window on Boardwalk Empire. So unexpected and sad.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Yeah it was a shocker ....fancy chucking that lovely Midwife out of the window ...without any warning as well !

I cheered. Her acting is awful :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    All the Trevor and Little Mo scenes in Eastenders, particularly shoving her face in the dinner and pouring gravy on her, plus when she hit him with the iron. Awful that the writers inflicted more horror on Little Mo with the rape in The Vic as well :(