Options

Most shocking moment in soap

Comments

• Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When describe Lachlan and Alicia's scene the way it was it has to be up there.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Stroudy wrote: »
    Lindsay's death on HO and Danielle's death on EE.

Agree. Also Noah being shot dead and Chloe dying in hospital on H&A
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Add Max Branning getting buried alive as well.
  • Options
    Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the olden days before the Internet and soap magazines we very rarely found out what was going to happen.
    Brookside was really good for jaw dropping moments,
    Billy Corkhill driving his car round and round the Close on the lawns when he found out Doreen shagged the dentist for money was one I recall.
    Also later just after Billy Corkhill and Sheila Grant got together there was some gangster type story line and the rumour was that Billy would get killed as the actor was leaving. The Friday night episode ended with a big pub brawl and Billy and his cousin getting battered and unconscious. Monday night opened with Sheila at a funeral and then in hospital looking sad and packing someone's stuff. Oh no is Billy dead? And then he came out of the bathroom and was being discharged from hospital. That was shocking in a good way. It was his cousin who died.
    I realise that the above doesn't sound exciting now, especially the way I have written it, but the tension over the weekend to find out if he was dead or not was unbearable. Everyone at work was discussing it on the Monday morning and the relief when he was still alive was immense.
    I didn't see it and wonder if it was a shock(no pun intended) when Ken Barlow's wife got electrocuted. Did you know that was coming?
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kathy's return, made me truly gasp in shock.

Expected it to be Grant/Sam/Peggy.
  • Options
    superstargirl81superstargirl81 Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Danielle's death in Eastenders and Lynseys death in Hollyoaks both were unspoiled for me so huge shocks.
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    It has to be Danielle's death in EastEnders for me. It was harrowing!

I've been watching EastEnders regularly since early 2007 and that episode probably sticks out the most for me. Idk if I'd say it's my favourite ever episode, but it has to be up there with one of them... It was shocking! I was only about 9 at the time and I really didn't expect it. I think my mom said something like 'Something's going to happen' and I didn't really take much notice of it, and the next minute, she's been hit down by a car.

It was very shocking!

Reading about Danielle in eastenders made me picture her and the penny has only just dropped she is Doris in Mr selfridge...ironically she has just got run over and killed in that too!
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Nigel Pargetter falling to his death from the roof of Lower Loxley Hall
  • Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Declan hitting Charity with the meat tenderizer on Emmerdale. I literally had to pick my jaw up off the floor after that.
  • Options
    EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ED - Watching Lachlan sexually assault Alicia. Even though a lot of it was reading between the lines, you could still see it happening, even if it was subtle. Gave me chills.
  • Options
    Imogen_GaleontiImogen_Galeonti Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Kathy's resurrection in EastEnders. Jane's shock return... Dennis' death.

Hollyoaks - Lindsey's death. Didn't see that one coming.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    Sorry but for me, I was staggered that Bobby killed Lucy!!!

Still think it was ridiculous.

I wasn't shocked as by that point as the shark had already been jumped earlier in episode. You know from now on that past storylines/characterisations mean little in EE. This was then proven in next episode where Jane became sociopathic. Sad that the past is so readily erased for a shock moment.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Agree. Also Noah being shot dead and Chloe dying in hospital on H&A

Back when I used to watch H&A, the young guy who died because he'd had his spleen removed.

Corrie - Maxine's death
  • Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is not so obvious. It was the death of Ashley Cotton in EE. I had no idea it was going to happen and his crash into the launderette and instant death was really shocking at the time.

Another was Mandy & Beth Jordache going down for Trevor's murder in Brookie. I was convinced they would get off. IIRC, it was well-known that Anna Friel was leaving the soap but I thought they would have got off and Beth would have committed suicide through the guilt and stress of it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    Reading about Danielle in eastenders made me picture her and the penny has only just dropped she is Doris in Mr selfridge...ironically she has just got run over and killed in that too!

Yes I saw that on Sunday. Is this what happens each time Lauren Crace is cast as a series regular in shows? I bet she was like "s***t not again!" when she read the script.
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember if it had been publicised beforehand but it was a shock when Max Farnhams children died in Brookside.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't remember if it had been publicised beforehand but it was a shock when Max Farnhams children died in Brookside.

That was an all time classic in soaps. And I've not seen something like that done since.
  • Options
    rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Maya trying to run Dev and Sunita down after they'd escaped from their shop which she'd set fire to in Corrie. Once they got out, I genuinely thought that was it and wasn't really expecting what came next which left her in intensive care from what I remember. Brilliant end to a great storyline.
  • Options
    Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're right, I'd forgotten all about that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found Danielle's death in EE really shocking.
    Can anyone remember if that was speculated to happen before it aired? Or was it complete surprise?
    I also really wish it had never happened. It would have been great to see Ronnie and her daughter form a relationship.

Lynsey's death in HO came as a massive shock to me. I did not expect it to happen at all. They did a really good job keeping that quiet.

I was also surprised at Riley's death aswell. Even though him leaving had been leaked a few days before, I didn't expect him to die.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I remember reading some really remote leaked rumour about Danielle possibly getting hit several months prior to that April 2009 episode. I didn't think much of it, thought it was bollocks to be honest. But when it actually happened I was still utterly shocked. Disgusted by how heartless Santer was to her and Ronnie.
  • Options
    ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anytime Tracey has anything approximating an active role in a scene.

* bedding Dennis Rickman :eek: :eek: :eek:

* When Sam knocked her unconcious.

* Her monologue to Sean Slayer in 2008 "They're all stark raving mad"
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Wedding :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait....she slept with Dennis Rickman??? I completely missed that one.

Her conversation with Sean Slater about what she really thought about the Mitchells was incredible. I hope she shares her thoughts about the Carters.
  • Options
    CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reg Cox's
    death. Didn't see that one coming