The 2013 PDC Darts Thread

Comments

• Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be funny Bazza heh, but only Wes can be eliminated for good tonight :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    hehe, just had to turn the sound down on the telly.
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barney V Taylor was a bit of a risky game to have in Glasgow it has to be said, they usually go for 'safer' games here after the coin throwing the other year in Andos game!
  • rachierachie Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're animals in Glasgow! Nice to hear Taylor roundly booed there, what happened during his walk on, looked like he was wiping something off his hand.
    Forum Member
    Don't matter now. Barney is done for. If he want's to prove me wrong then i'll be happy to watch :D
    Forum Member
    Lucky there wasn't a breeze in the arena otherwise Barney would have went down even easier
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor being weird tonight chatting with Barney mmm? sneaky tactics
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No interview? The popemobile must have had its tyres nicked :p
    Forum Member
    The quality has dropped from the last two matched :D
    Forum Member
    Big brown envelope in Gando's dressing room with Bazza's prints all over it

:p
    * Disclaimer ^that means it's a joke :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well played Wes :)
    Forum Member
    Wadey showed some class there. Both on same score of 130. MVG does nothing really. Wadey hits it to win the match.
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from the Thorn, being the crowd favourite tonight didn't do you any favours!

Barney lost, Ando lost and MVG lost!
  • neel radianeel radia Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great to see wade back to his best shame he cant produce this form at the world championship
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very impressive finishing by the Machine. A textbook display of just playing the board and taking your chances.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worlds best 4 take top 4 as it stands, cracking night of darts :)
    Forum Member
    Aye and that table is very close. Should be a good week next week and then for the run in
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go on Wadey!
  • SRWSRW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor smashing Barney again was wonderful.

I expect Taylor to win the PL easily now and mop up all the other Majors this year now he gone back to his old darts.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Adrian Lewis really should grow a pair. for such a big guy he is a bit sensitive, fearing for his safety, just proving the crowd is right and he is indeed a w*****r:D

i was there last night and apart from the taylor incident it was a good atmosphere even Newton was getting applause despite beating Ando.
  • Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Adrian Lewis really should grow a pair. for such a big guy he is a bit sensitive, fearing for his safety, just proving the crowd is right and he is indeed a w*****r:D

i was there last night and apart from the taylor incident it was a good atmosphere even Newton was getting applause despite beating Ando.

What nonsense. The sooner this venue is scrapped the better.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    What nonsense. The sooner this venue is scrapped the better.

in what way is it nonsense? the taylor incident was a disgrace noone is arguing that but it was one guy and im sure he was dealt with by security.

players are booed in every other venue across the uk and ireland, that is not something that just happens in glasgow. at least we didnt have the ridiculous abuse between the tables and the cheap seats that happens everywhere else.

im guessing next years wont be in the SECC it will probably be in the Hydro Arena which is being built right next to it
  • eastieeastie Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    What happend to Taylor?
  • Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was having a darts discussion with a mate last night and we still havent come to a conclusion. Hopefully someone can settle an argument.

Regarding averages, am I right in saying, when a player busts his score it has no impact on the average but when he no scores, the average would go down?

An example would be if a player is left with double one, and hits the single with the third dart it would be a bust, hence the average stays the same. But if he hits the outside of the wire with all three darts it would have a negative impact on the average.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was having a darts discussion with a mate last night and we still havent come to a conclusion. Hopefully someone can settle an argument.

Regarding averages, am I right in saying, when a player busts his score it has no impact on the average but when he no scores, the average would go down?

An example would be if a player is left with double one, and hits the single with the third dart it would be a bust, hence the average stays the same. But if he hits the outside of the wire with all three darts it would have a negative impact on the average.

Busting his score would have an impact on his average.

Your average is 501 divided by how many darts it takes you to finish it. You bust your score and that is 3 darts thrown.
This discussion has been closed.