Options

James Gandolfini RIP

13»

Comments

• Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    cyber_dav wrote: »
    For one 'statistic' you can usually find another contradictory one, and if you look at BMI data you will find your statement to be incorrect.

The data I just looked at now indicates that the UK has the third highest obesity rate in the world, behind the US and Mexico. So, that of course would be the "highest in Europe."
  • Options
    cyber_davcyber_dav Posts: 1,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it strange someone claiming to be from Canada come's on a UK forum to repeat uncomplimentary statistics about the UK and it's people.

Still, each to their own...
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    cyber_dav wrote: »
    I find it strange someone claiming to be from Canada come's on a UK forum to repeat uncomplimentary statistics about the UK and it's people.

I have made 5, 628 posts at DS (before this one). How many of them are uncomplimentary about Britain and its people I can't say, but I know it is a very small number. What kind of posts you would expect from someone "claiming to be from Canada" (and I just love the word "claiming" there, as if it isn't true) God only knows.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    I have made 5, 628 posts at DS (before this one). How many of them are uncomplimentary about Britain and its people I can't say, but I know it is a very small number. What kind of posts you would expect from someone "claiming to be from Canada" (and I just love the word "claiming" there, as if it isn't true) God only knows.

I wonder how many people claiming to be from the UK use google and Facebook and happen to say things that aren't complimentary about the United States after using them? :p
  • Options
    ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no Brit can get on his high horse about America's problem with obesity.

It wasn't the country's track record that I was referring too, rather the individual concerned being an American and associated with American culture and American values first and foremost. His life and death will ultimately resonate with Americans more than any other nation.

And I maybe wouldn't have felt inspired to post were it not for all the "OMG wot a shock" "he's too young" "what a cruel stroke of fate" comments that are floating around from people who have never met the man. Death is reported all around every day in the paper, is it really disrespectful to hope that one death is not in vain?

ABC news (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/06/20/james-gandolfinis-death-highlights-heart-risks/)
  • Options
    SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No worries mate. Your cool, stuff them
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    very very sad,
    but have some respect,this is a board honouring James' passing and its its ended up resorting to bickering