US shoppers asked not to take guns on weekly shop

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2678348/Target-respectfully-asks-customers-not-bring-guns-stores.html

wtf??

What do they think is going to happen that they need a bloody rifle whilst out shopping?

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, what else can you do if someone in front of you has 6 items in the quick till line?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Well, what else can you do if someone in front of you has 6 items in the quick till line?

LOL

I can't compete with that.

If I am serious on the subject. I detest guns. They should all be melted down into something more constructive*.

Edited to add...*and that's just the people with guns.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's in case one of their burgers tries to make a quick getaway or starts mooing
    A takeaway doesn't get away from an American that easily
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    FANNY_ANNE wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2678348/Target-respectfully-asks-customers-not-bring-guns-stores.html

wtf??

What do they think is going to happen that they need a bloody rifle whilst out shopping?

The sales !!!
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Forget any law restraining the use of guns while,

"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands" is a slogan popularized by the National Rifle Association.

still prevails in the USA. :(
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine they'd come in handy on Black Friday. That would teach the b*****d who tried to wrestle you to the ground to get their hands on the last 32" T.V.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    forget it, a 32 inch TV is like a small european hatchback to an american by now.
    What they want is 50 inch plasma.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    forget it, a 32 inch TV is like a small european hatchback to an american by now.

That's true I was actually thinking that when ai was writing my post but went along with 32 inch as that's what caused all the uproar over here at Asda.
  • Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In WalMart....

(Ding Dong): "Celebrate this Independence Day by leaving your pistols at home. Let's concentrate on the positives of being American rather than the negatives that make news headlines. We should be proud of being a nation of obese, opinionated, loud, insular, nauseating f***wits. By putting down your gun, it keeps your hands free to hold your Burger King.... Supersize of course! .... Y'all have a nice day now, and remember to tune into the Brits hosting the Tour De France, starting in a little place called Yorkshire, a couple of blocks north of London on Highway 1. They only use use their guns to shoot wildlife. It's so cute but totally awesome. God bless America".
  • mseven1mseven1 Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In America shopping centres are usually gun free zones anyway. Most people don't actually realise that in America most gun crimes and mass shootings happen in "gun free" zones like schools so this topic does get some people fired up. The reason this happens is when a gunman starts shooting people in a non gun free zone the police or someone else shoots them before they shoot more people where as in a gun free zone like a school they need to get the chief of police to allow the police to use guns in that area and by that time the gunman has already killed many people.
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just as most of the TV manufacturers are giving up making plasmas!
  • jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mseven1 wrote: »
    In America shopping centres are usually gun free zones anyway. Most people don't actually realise that in America most gun crimes and mass shootings happen in "gun free" zones like schools so this topic does get some people fired up. The reason this happens is when a gunman starts shooting people in a non gun free zone the police or someone else shoots them before they shoot more people where as in a gun free zone like a school they need to get the chief of police to allow the police to use guns in that area and by that time the gunman has already killed many people.

This problem needs to be amended.

All teachers, pupils and dinner ladies should be tooled up with Uzis.

That'll sort everything out.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they want to buy breakfast after 11:30?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkwQ6EjLdMQ

(I love that scene!)
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    FANNY_ANNE wrote: »

Well, nutcases have shot up malls in the USA and, IIRC, there was one incident a while back where a civilian pulled out a small pistol and shot back at the nutcase, causing him to hole-up in an empty store where he eventually decided to top himself so it's likely that the person who returned fire saved lives even if they didn't actually shoot the nutcase.

The people in those photo's, however, are "gun rights advocates" who're deliberately asserting their right to open-carry a firearm as part of a protest.
    These people are, to use the technical term, f**king headcases who're reviled by almost all right-thinking people within the entire firearms community.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jclock66 wrote: »
    This problem needs to be amended.

All teachers, pupils and dinner ladies should be tooled up with Uzis.

That'll sort everything out.

It won't sort it, you are just over exaggerating. Allowing police officers or caretakers to have guns in that area would stop them. The problem is people bring guns to places like schools where guns aren't allowed and the police can't use guns to stop the gunman's killing spree and when they do get the clearance to do so the gunman has already killed many people and their self where as in places where guns are allowed the gunman shoots one or two people then they're shot. More people are shot in gun free zones than places where guns are allowed
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    In WalMart....

(Ding Dong): "Celebrate this Independence Day by leaving your pistols at home. Let's concentrate on the positives of being American rather than the negatives that make news headlines. We should be proud of being a nation of obese, opinionated, loud, insular, nauseating f***wits. By putting down your gun, it keeps your hands free to hold your Burger King.... Supersize of course! .... Y'all have a nice day now, and remember to tune into the Brits hosting the Tour De France, starting in a little place called Yorkshire, a couple of blocks north of London on Highway 1. They only use use their guns to shoot wildlife. It's so cute but totally awesome. God bless America".

You should try harder to introduce some more stereotypes into your whining.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Well, nutcases have shot up malls in the USA and, IIRC, there was one incident a while back where a civilian pulled out a small pistol and shot back at the nutcase, causing him to hole-up in an empty store where he eventually decided to top himself so it's likely that the person who returned fire saved lives even if they didn't actually shoot the nutcase.

This is what I was saying. Shopping centres in America are gun free zones yet someone started shooting. It is a fact that in America In non gun free zones people are less likely to steal a handbag or car because they will get shot trying to steal or after stealing those things. I don't own a gun but you can't argue with the facts, well I can't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should try harder to introduce some more stereotypes into your whining.

Oh wind your neck in pal, it was a joke!
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    This is what I was saying. Shopping centres in America are gun free zones yet someone started shooting. It is a fact that in America In non gun free zones people are less likely to steal a handbag or car because they will get shot trying to steal or after stealing those things. I don't own a gun but you can't argue with the facts, well I can't.

Uhuh,

It's a little hard for some people to understand but the great thing about a legal right to own guns is that it means you never actually know who's got one.
    You can, theoretically, live your life without ever handling a gun, safe in knowledge that criminals are being deterred (and, according to a survey of prison inmates, they are deterred) from committing crimes by the possibility that you could have a gun.

I suppose the idea of gun-free zones is that it reassures people that there's nobody around with a gun.
    Thing is, if people are responsible about the way they carry a gun then nobody'll ever know they're carrying one so nobody should actually need to worry about it.
    And the trouble is, of course, that a sticker on a window isn't going to stop the Adam Lanzas and Jacob Roberts' of this world from carrying out their intentions.

Course, these rock-apes who're open-carrying AR's and AK's aren't helping with anything.
    All they're doing is making regular people very nervous, pissing off the police and making themselves a prime target for any nutcase who does crawl out of the woodwork.
  • NilremNilrem Posts: 6,939
    Forum Member
    One of the biggest problems I would have with the right to carry guns is simply the knowledge that there will be a number of numpties who will be carrying a weapon, probably with little knowledge of it, and little training.

There is a picture from an American gun show of a jar containing rounds found in weapons that the owners assured the people on the door were not loaded (the gun show apparently has this rule that no guns should be loaded, and yet people forget to remove rounds from the chamber!).
    If people attending a gun show (presumably if they're attending and carrying they should know something of the weapons), can manage to ignore basic safety rules, or forget their weapon is loaded when asked the question, it makes you wonder how many of the people openly carrying etc don't know the exact status of their weapons.
    "Sure it's not loaded, I've taken the clip out" *Bang" "oops".

I sort of like the idea of being able to own a gun, or at least have easier access for target shooting etc, but the idea of a situation such as in the sates where people can get a gun, and carry it around with them with no requirement that the learn anything about it, or train to use it safely is to me a bloody frightening idea.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    Oh wind your neck in pal, it was a joke!

It was hilarious! Good for you. Really. Just maybe try to make it less whiny and more funny? Jokes are better that way.
  • jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't sort it, you are just over exaggerating. Allowing police officers or caretakers to have guns in that area would stop them. The problem is people bring guns to places like schools where guns aren't allowed and the police can't use guns to stop the gunman's killing spree and when they do get the clearance to do so the gunman has already killed many people and their self where as in places where guns are allowed the gunman shoots one or two people then they're shot. More people are shot in gun free zones than places where guns are allowed

It truly is a sick situation when people think it is necessary for everyone to be able to carry a gun wherever they go for fear of violence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was hilarious! Good for you. Really. Just maybe try to make it less whiny and more funny? Jokes are better that way.

I'm guessing by your name that you're from across the pond?
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but the daily run is fine?
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forget any law restraining the use of guns while,

"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands" is a slogan popularized by the National Rifle Association.

still prevails in the USA. :(

From Men in Black

"Your offer is accepted"