Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Screw Windows 8, that new Start Menu looks atrocious!
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Bishop's christmas DVD - his best joke (as its the one they show on the advert) is about 50 shades of grey and paint catalogues. Still, i'm sure he'll make a fortune out of it.
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Screw Windows 8, that new Start Menu looks atrocious!

'I've got a tile for every aspect of my life'....not :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    the Olbas ad with the creepy, huge nose family.....Who thought that would be a good idea ?

Another agreed and I'd love to shove those ideas in a bin with the Lloyds TSB weirdies and the British Gas aliens
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those damned Argos aliens just got worse, now it's just shouting. ugh.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c0lefax wrote: »
    Those damned Argos aliens just got worse, now it's just shouting. ugh.

I hate those aliens even more now.
    I just sat in for two solid days waiting for an Argos delivery that was ordered on Tuesday but never came. I called them last night and they said definitely today, it was on the van. Called this evening and the order is still in the warehouse. They had my number too...not even a courtesy call to say it wasn't coming.
    Now I am totally behind on my Crimbo shopping etc and one of the kids isn't getting his main pressie.
    Thanks Argos...fecking aliens, the lot of you.:mad:
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The oak furniture store where granny comes for Chrimbo dinner and they give her a stool or something to sit on and a pathetic Christmas dinner. Then they get a nice oak table and chairs and the Christmas dinner is amazing. I didn't know oak furniture also made Christmas dinners.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    The oak furniture store where granny comes for Chrimbo dinner and they give her a stool or something to sit on and a pathetic Christmas dinner. Then they get a nice oak table and chairs and the Christmas dinner is amazing. I didn't know oak furniture also made Christmas dinners.

It can if it chop it up and use it in a brick or range oven.
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rickyp08 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has seen the new Doritos adverts with the mexican singers now singing Stay another day by east 17 :D

found it amusing when i first saw it :p

just seen it !! not sure what to think its amusing but weird too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    I hate those aliens even more now.
    I just sat in for two solid days waiting for an Argos delivery that was ordered on Tuesday but never came. I called them last night and they said definitely today, it was on the van. Called this evening and the order is still in the warehouse. They had my number too...not even a courtesy call to say it wasn't coming.
    Now I am totally behind on my Crimbo shopping etc and one of the kids isn't getting his main pressie.
    Thanks Argos...fecking aliens, the lot of you.:mad:

God, that has happened to me a few times. Not with Argos though. It wouldn't be too bad if they told you it wasn't coming, but they tell you it is coming for that day so you wait in and nothing. Terrible :(
  • 777Eilidh777Eilidh Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dolce and Gabbana one! Can't even watch it. The girl is supposed to be very sophisticated and mature but she, well lets just say she doesn't pull it off at all. :D
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    212 VIP - "You're not on the guest list." Good, I don't want to be on the list for your pretentious private party! :mad:

PARK 2013 - PISS OFF!! :mad:
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    212 VIP - "You're not on the guest list." Good, I don't want to be on the list for your pretentious private party! :mad:
    I hate that one too. Sounds like drugged up singers who don't have the effort to sing properly.
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The creepy Chloe advert "Chloe....pick up the phone baby....you looked so pretty yesterday". :D
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hehe.

There's a great song by the Tindersticks (imaginatively titled "Ballad of Tindersticks") which has a line that goes

"...an exclusive door policy - exclusively for arseholes."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    THE worst advert EVER has to be the stupid, idotic, meaningless and just plain annoying LYNX advert, with the stupid cars crashing and planes setting on fire.

What the hell does it even mean? I also can't stand the facial expression of all the people on there. If adverts are supposed to make you buy something, this doesn't work to say the least. It has nothing to do with deodorant whatsoever. Perhaps It could be because it's suffocating everyone inhaling it and making all hell break loose but I doubt it.

Take it off the screens now.

I can just imagine those stupid, eccentric advertising muppets thinking that this was the best advert since sliced bread. I can safely say that, for me, it has surpassed GOCOMPARE. Yep. Because it is so stupid and unnecessary.
    Forum Member
    Also not a big fan of music on the new Chromebook advert.

Give me nails on a blackboard anyday.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    tvbox wrote: »
    THE worst advert EVER has to be the stupid, idotic, meaningless and just plain annoying LYNX advert, with the stupid cars crashing and planes setting on fire.

What the hell does it even mean? I also can't stand the facial expression of all the people on there. If adverts are supposed to make you buy something, this doesn't work to say the least. It has nothing to do with deodorant whatsoever. Perhaps It could be because it's suffocating everyone inhaling it and making all hell break loose but I doubt it.

Take it off the screens now.

I can just imagine those stupid, eccentric advertising muppets thinking that this was the best advert since sliced bread. I can safely say that, for me, it has surpassed GOCOMPARE. Yep. Because it is so stupid and unnecessary.
    It's a play on all the 'end of the word in 2012' talk
    Forum Member
    "Excess Volume, Excess Drama".

Ugh.
    Forum Member
    Oh, and the pretentious (not as pretentious as LYNX)
    THETRAINLINE advert. Mad.

Bring back those two clowns and their CHOO CHOO CHOO. That actually got catchy after a while, I used to hear people sing it, annoyingly it may have been.
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Argos mother to baby alien, been in touch with Santa ? .. 'Tweeting him now' .. that is so cringingly bad !
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's some ad that comes on where a bloke is saying "cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese" and he sounds like an annoying mosquito. It's so irritating i have to mute it every time it comes on, so I've no idea what it's advertising -

Also Brad Pitt for Channel No5 - WTF? All I can think of when I see it is how much did they pay him ? It's so cheesy of him to do it :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feels weird saying this but I love the Tesco adverts. They're not sexist like ASDA ("mum" does everything) and they're not telling you how to live your life like Morrison's ("mum" does everything and that's how it should be), they aren't using disgusting baby-voiced covers like sodding everyone else, they aren't using white middle class 2.5 kids type families, and they're using really simple Christmas moments that nearly everyone can relate to e.g. the chaos of having your whole family round, granddad falling asleep in his chair, one of the teenagers being bullied into wearing a party hat etc. etc. I especially like the one with the asian guy excitedly making mince pies because it just doesn't make a big deal out of it. It's not shouting "look at us, we're so PC, love us!" which is totally the opposite of good because that's still saying
    "[asian] men baking is abnormal/odd/breaking news! Aren't we progressive for showing it?!!!" It's just portraying it really matter of factly, and naturally, and I really like it.

Least favourite advert at the mo is the Morrison's one, because it isn't only sexist, it's hatefully smug and righteous about it.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I'm sick of annoying celebrities pushing their endorsed products.

Cheryl Fecking Cole ( who should not be on my tv screen) going on about her shitty cheapo hair dye.

The absolute worst has to be that immensely crap Scarlett Johansen (sp?) ad. ' I love my lips, I do my own stunts even the lovemaking' etc pass me the SICK bucket please! Her hair looks stupid in the ad, don't these celebs think to themselves 'I sound like a bit of a ponce talking this absolute bollocks', I'd be embarrassed to say the things they say in their ads,especially in the Perfume ads.

Perfume ads should probably have a thread of their own as there are so many annoying variations of them. I hate that CK one with all those pretentious tossers being 'oh so wacky/wild' jumping about and posing. Too many annoying perfume ads to mention tbh.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    The Merry Christmas Ad that is shown on Sky

It's not a bad ad but they have Davina McCall & Karl Pilkington 2 celebrities I can not stand
This discussion has been closed.