Options

The Hotel :: Channel 4 :: 8pm :: Part 2

Comments

• Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Mark replied to my comment on his fan page on Facebook :)

Ooo I'll have to go look, see if I can suss out who you are!
  • Options
    sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we haven't seen the last of Mark Jenkins...the Hotel is back for a new series, and focusing on The Cavendish just a little bit further up the road from the Grosvenor, and Mark is now entertainment manager there...

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Hotel-TV-series-returns-Torquay-Mark-Jenkins/story-21115915-detail/story.html
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sjames wrote: »
    Looks like we haven't seen the last of Mark Jenkins...the Hotel is back for a new series, and focusing on The Cavendish just a little bit further up the road from the Grosvenor, and Mark is now entertainment manager there...

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Hotel-TV-series-returns-Torquay-Mark-Jenkins/story-21115915-detail/story.html

Looking forward to this. I have seen some of the repeats of Hotel in the early hours of Monday mornings recently, and it is still as funny as the first time I watched them. :)

Thanks for the information sjames .... :)
  • Options
    joel turcottejoel turcotte Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this. :cool:
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Yeah be watching, loved the first one :D
  • Options
    cromerladcromerlad Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent news! - My TIVO box has been storing the repeats and had one on the other night, still funny watching the second time around. Here's hoping Mark has a starring role, it will be great catching up on life after the Grosvenor.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cromerlad wrote: »
    Excellent news! - My TIVO box has been storing the repeats and had one on the other night, still funny watching the second time around. Here's hoping Mark has a starring role, it will be great catching up on life after the Grosvenor.

Or Grovesnor as he called it! :D
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When's the new series starting?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    When's the new series starting?:D

Quite a while!! See the article linked to in msg 406 - they don't start filming until next month!
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is amazing news! I loved the hotel and was gutted when it finished.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hi BG...He certainly amuses me with his FB upates, looking forward to seeing him on tv again..
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi BG...He certainly amuses me with his FB upates, looking forward to seeing him on tv again..

Hi snail!

I actually defriended him cos his updates started to annoy me! LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote:
    they don't start filming until next month!
    Maybe the autumn?

Wouldn't it be a great idea if The Hotel Inspector visited The Hotel?:D
  • Options
    DesmondpDesmondp Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Yeah this show was great, happy to see another series
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desmondp wrote: »
    Yeah this show was great, happy to see another series

I loved the two previous series but this time around the dynamic will be very different. He'll 'only' be the entertainments manager, it's not going to be him running his own hotel.
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So after signing up with an agent and promising many surprising new projects after The Hotel, he's doing The Hotel again. It's quite a career!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote:
    I loved the two previous series but this time around the dynamic will be very different. He'll 'only' be the entertainments manager, it's not going to be him running his own hotel.

I do hope they still have the Dolphin racing and bingo.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also will be good to see what new ideas, he has for the hotel guests as entertainments manager.
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just re-watched series two and three again. I know Alison annoyed a lot of people, but she had a way of delivering some of her lines in a funny way, especially "I'm sweating like a fat bird in a rave" and "I ain't getting in no boat that capsizes". Christian, while obviously a major drama queen, also had a few funny moments, especially the Ghandi's flip flop line. Speaking of Christian, he's apparently the manager of The White Horse in Barnstaple. I'm looking forward to series four even though it will be filmed at a different hotel, but at least it will still feature Mark and will still be set in Torquay.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »

Love Mark, can't wait. :D
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    It's back on Sunday, 28th December.
  • Options
    Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait! I didn't think they would do another series and Mark being back managing another hotel is an added bonus. He is hilarious although I felt so sorry for him in the last episode when everything he worked hard for just fell apart :(
  • Options
    Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad this series is coming back! I cannot wait!!! :D
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    It's back on Sunday, 28th December.

I was thinking about this the other day and wondered when it would return.

You have supplied the answer, thank you. :)