Options

This may be the last 'civilian' BB, ever

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
Forum Member
✭✭
A sad thought.

I will miss BB terribly if the powers that be DO pull the plug. I've hated much of BB15, mostly due to the presence of the odious Helen, and it pains me to think that she has been allowed to dominate and cloud what may prove to be the final series.

Comments

• Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so, cos i don't want to sit through all that cr@p again
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    No, it won't.
  • Options
    yhtrownuyhtrownu Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be sad too. I've watched it every year since the first one. :(
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not, i want them to pull their finger out and go back to the way Big Brother was back in the BB6 days.

Give me my live feed back.
  • Options
    The InformantThe Informant Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I hope not, i want them to pull their finger out and go back to the way Big Brother was back in the BB6 days.

Give me my live feed back.

The only way we will get live feed back is if enough people give indication to channel 5 that they would pay to view it via a subscription on the internet, like in Big Brother 1, therefore they would generate revenue and we would get live feed.
  • Options
    bbfiveneverbbfivenever Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they lack the imagination to produce a civilian BB without resorting to cheap tactics to promote confrontation then RIP BB.
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been saying that to people for the last couple of weeks. They have ruined it enough, think they'll stick to celeb versions tbh.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way we will get live feed back is if enough people give indication to channel 5 that they would pay to view it via a subscription on the internet, like in Big Brother 1, therefore they would generate revenue and we would get live feed.

But they did that for Bb10 and they mustn't have made enough revenue from that or surely they would have kept it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yhtrownu wrote: »

I watched almost every episode of every series until this one. It's not even live feed, though I can see that it was a very fundamental part of the show. It's the fact that they seem to have no intention, ever, of just letting things happen, as they used to. If you wait for things to happen, you might have days when not much DOES happen. To avoid that awful catastrophe, Ch 5 have completely changed the ethos of the programme; THEY decide who gets the big stories, and if you are not a loud, aggressive or highly sexualised personality, you probably won't get any. (And those who like the Ch 5 BB will sneer that 'if you had done anything interesting, they would have shown it'.) So much has been discarded: episodes showing nothing but housemates having a good time, housemates having warm and trusting relationships, housemates believing they are incredibly popular when they are not, right up to the moment they are evicted...I think at least 75% of the channel 4 housemates would be discarded on sight these days, including many of the most loved. They were too normal, too self-controlled, too unwilling to pick fights. Housemates with no gimmick, like Craig Phillips or Kate, would have no chance at all; but they remain two of the most loved housemates.

It's just not for me now. :( And I really was an ultra-fan, to a pitiable extent. I barely watch anything else on tv.
  • Options
    rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's sad to see what has become of it. I've watched it since the first one too and the programme they call Big Brother now bears no resemblence to the programme i loved and happily gave my summers to. That was back in the days of 24hr live feed, i got to know the housemates and by the end of the series it was like actually saying goodbye to old friends. I miss those times, i won't miss this imposter, it's just not Big Brother anymore. :(
  • Options
    ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gutted when channel 4 axed BB so I was made up when channel 5 took it on. It was obvious the way channel 5 wanted it to go from their first BB full of modelsand people that have had a brush with fame. I think that channel 5's obsession with arguments and sex has been the downfall of BB along with desperatley trying to create their own TOWIE.

I can honestly say that after this years BB I wouldn't be arsed if they didn't do BB again. It isn't BB anymore anyway its just the name. I woukdn't mind if a new channel took it on and went back to basics.
  • Options
    The InformantThe Informant Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they did that for Bb10 and they mustn't have made enough revenue from that or surely they would have kept it?

But that was channel 4 not channel 5 who would not have such high expectations
  • Options
    ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too, I'm sick of all the wannabes who have already been on a few tv shows.
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Que Sera,Sera.

I am past caring about it now.
    It's a shame really because after last years shows I thought things were moving in the right direction.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a way bb has already gone, this was a cast and looked almost scripted. Now for the first time we get a winner who has bitched for England, ah but she is pretty and will look good on the front of the daily star.

A farce from start to finish.
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valerian wrote: »
    Me too, I'm sick of all the wannabes who have already been on a few tv shows.
    That happened on ch4 also.
  • Options
    juliadesignsjuliadesigns Posts: 6,105
    Forum Member
    rachael7 wrote: »
    It's sad to see what has become of it. I've watched it since the first one too and the programme they call Big Brother now bears no resemblence to the programme i loved and happily gave my summers to. That was back in the days of 24hr live feed, i got to know the housemates and by the end of the series it was like actually saying goodbye to old friends. I miss those times, i won't miss this imposter, it's just not Big Brother anymore. :(

I started halfway through BB3 loved BB4 for its simplicity and continued through to BB9 without a break. Didn't bother with BB 10 or 11 but was lured back with Ultimate and have stayed on since then.

I really miss spending summers with old friends too and it is just isnt the same without Live Feed - let alone the ridiculous scripted pantomime it has become. It makes BB8's last 5 weeks with Carole ruling the roost seem fresh and exciting (almost) :(
  • Options
    vikesukvikesuk Posts: 1,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this is the last - a complete farce. Hey, might as well make a despicable housemate who would have been evicted early doors but for a forced save the winner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    If it was to carry on in a vein like this I would rather it was axed. This is from a BB fan from day 1. It bares so little resemblance to BB now and this series has been the worse ever, couldn't stand another series like this.
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vikesuk wrote: »
    I hope this is the last - a complete farce. Hey, might as well make a despicable housemate who would have been evicted early doors but for a forced save the winner.
    Its quite easy to be the last,just dont watch it next year..I dont get this i hope its the last stuff..it comes across as selfish for those who still enjoy it.
  • Options
    mumof4mumof4 Posts: 3,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For once i can finally say YES im over big brother they can finish it any time they want as this season has really put me off watching any more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched almost every episode of every series until this one. It's not even live feed, though I can see that it was a very fundamental part of the show. It's the fact that they seem to have no intention, ever, of just letting things happen, as they used to. If you wait for things to happen, you might have days when not much DOES happen. To avoid that awful catastrophe, Ch 5 have completely changed the ethos of the programme; THEY decide who gets the big stories, and if you are not a loud, aggressive or highly sexualised personality, you probably won't get any. (And those who like the Ch 5 BB will sneer that 'if you had done anything interesting, they would have shown it'.) So much has been discarded: episodes showing nothing but housemates having a good time, housemates having warm and trusting relationships, housemates believing they are incredibly popular when they are not, right up to the moment they are evicted...I think at least 75% of the channel 4 housemates would be discarded on sight these days, including many of the most loved. They were too normal, too self-controlled, too unwilling to pick fights. Housemates with no gimmick, like Craig Phillips or Kate, would have no chance at all; but they remain two of the most loved housemates.

It's just not for me now. :( And I really was an ultra-fan, to a pitiable extent. I barely watch anything else on tv.

Agree with you. Great post Wonkey. :)
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    I've been saying that to people for the last couple of weeks. They have ruined it enough, think they'll stick to celeb versions tbh.
    I doubt they would go to the effort and expense of keeping the house/studio just for a few weeks once in a while and, considering they re-model it almost every year, it must be pretty expensive - more so for the zeleb one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me, too. I was really pleased at first when Channel 5 gave BB a home but found that I didn't enjoy watching as much as I had when it was on Channel 4. Even so I love the show and I hope against hope some other channel will take it on.

To think that the current series - ghastly Helen, and all - might really be the last, is painful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may watch another but I won't vote again. I'll post in support, but I doubt I will be supporting the winner, so Desmond won't benefit from my income.;-)