Options

Generation Game back on BBC1 in 2015

2»

Comments

• Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Can imagine her staring into the camera like brucie used to. Might be okay but why are the beeb using female presenters all the time. Cant beat a male fronting a show with a female sidekick, that should be the way. Strictly was claudia and tess, Tumble with Alex.....should be a fella fronting it.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Can imagine her staring into the camera like brucie used to. Might be okay but why are the beeb using female presenters all the time. Cant beat a male fronting a show with a female sidekick, that should be the way. Strictly was claudia and tess, Tumble with Alex.....should be a fella fronting it.

I agree it's going too much the other way now, and all this crap that there is no more all male panel shows, can any woman given a presenting job now feel like they got the job through there merits or just to fill a quota
  • Options
    Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    I won't be watching. I cannot abide that woman. Just no. Shame.

Me neither. She's had her 15 minutes and that was maybe at least 3 longer than it should have been. Tedious one trick pony. Time to discover new talent and not rely on tired and predictable old.
    As long as she remembers one thing - the stars of the show are the contestants

She won't, wait and see, it'll be all about her!
    sjames wrote: »
    I can't stand Miranda Hart, and I don't think she's the right kind of host for the show.

I would have thought a better choice would have been Graham Norton, Rob Brydon, Shane Richie, Michael McIntyre even. If the unseen pilot with Paul O'Grady hadn't gone badly several years ago, he would have been worth a shot too. It could also have been the vehicle to bring Michael Barrymore back into the spotlight?

I'd have thought either of those would be brilliant at hosting this. Way preferable to MH anyway.
    occy wrote: »
    I used too get her mixed up with Liza Tarbuck.

What she's doing these days? If they are going to revive GG yet again then someone like Liza Tarbuck would potentially be an excellent host. She always seemed a 'fun girl' without it being all "me, me, me" which is what I think we'll get with Hart.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Torch81 wrote: »
    What she's doing these days? If they are going to revive GG yet again then someone like Liza Tarbuck would potentially be an excellent host. She always seemed a 'fun girl' without it being all "me, me, me" which is what I think we'll get with Hart.
    She's got a Saturday evening show on Radio 2.
  • Options
    Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will RUIN it especially with Miranda as host. I bet there will also be Z-list celebs on it too.

Spot on there. Today it's all about promoting zelebrity. I wouldn't have been the least surprised had they announced they would be using celebrities and their relatives, instead of members of the public.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand Miranda Hart, and I don't think she's the right kind of host for the show.

I would have thought a better choice would have been Graham Norton, Rob Brydon, Shane Richie, Michael McIntyre even. If the unseen pilot with Paul O'Grady hadn't gone badly several years ago, he would have been worth a shot too. It could also have been the vehicle to bring Michael Barrymore back into the spotlight?

When I saw the thread title, my first thought was Graham Norton. Though I could imagine Paul O'Grady or Rob Brydon as well. Miranda seems an odd choice.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Miranda's not a happy bunny

https://twitter.com/mermhart/status/501129159612334080

BBC PR disaster!
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, sounds like BBC1 Controller, Charlotte Moore has "jumped the gun". This is like an episode of W1A!
    Wonder if Harry Hill knows he's been signed too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    What next - Take Your Pick, Double Your Money, 3-2-1 and What's My Line ?

Celebrity Squares (series) & Name That Tune (piloting) are returning
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    So long as it's about the entertainment, and not too much about contestants backgrounds or celebs trying to promote things
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could also have been the vehicle to bring Michael Barrymore back into the spotlight?

A few years back when Brucie left the Generation Game, the gig went to Jim Davidson I believe? At the time, I thought Michael Barrymore would have been the best choice. He was always absolutely excellent at interacting with the general public - and taking the p!ss out of them!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Danslink wrote: »
    Miranda's not a happy bunny

https://twitter.com/mermhart/status/501129159612334080

BBC PR disaster!

Oh dear :D

On another note. Why do people beg for a Happy Birthdays tweet from these celebs. Saddo's.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/ariel/28838543

The version from Ariel, the BBC on-line house magazine.Note also a two-part special from MBB.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guardian reports the BBC are working closely with her as shes distancing herself.

I think she doesn't want too end up stupid if it's flop, as shes got a good career.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The overexposed Miranda hart takes over

Is there nothing she won't ruin?
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The overexposed Miranda hart takes over

Is there nothing she won't ruin?

Oddly enough, she does seem popular with the viewers (even though she does stir up very strong feelings in those who don't appreciate her).
  • Options
    Zidane82Zidane82 Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    I won't be watching. I cannot abide that woman. Just no. Shame.

They should have Brucie presenting it.
  • Options
    Zidane82Zidane82 Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Whatever they say " nothing will ever be the same as before"

It could be TV gold with Brucie at the helm.