iPhone 3GS Battery Problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
Forum Member
Within the last few days i've noticed my 3GS' battery life decreasing more than it used to.

The battery was fully charged yesterday at around 4pm, and by 2pm today, it was at 2% and needed charging again. This however, is only from me sending texts and the odd check on the internet. No games, apps etc. Just the basics. Even in the 6ish hours i sleep overnight, the battery decreases by at least 20% when it's on standby.

Is this decrease in battery something to be worried about? My phone is currently still under warranty so if i did need a new battery, now would be the time!

Comments

• PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    That's good!

If I charged mine at 4pm, it would be dead by 10pm.

That's with the same amount of use you mention.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Pencil wrote: »
    That's good!

Really? Well I am shocked at that, as my battery life is much worse now than it used to be!

Maybe I'm expecting a little too much...

Thanks!
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Notifications from new apps may be draining the battery as they check for whatever they might be notifying.

Tried a hard reset power button & home button for 10 or so secs, if so maybe try a backup and full restore?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Thank you, the hard reset seems to have done the trick. Only lost a few percent over night. Will remember that one in future!

• robtuk06robtuk06 Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pencil wrote: »
    That's good!

Suggest you get a replacement phone then if a hard reset as described doesn't fix it.
  • PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    I phoned up Apple Care today and was told that 6 hours with average use is perfectly normal.
  • robtuk06robtuk06 Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Total rubbish.

Mine lasts a whole day with pretty heavy use.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6 hours of solid use is about right, but not 6 hours of average use what ever 'average' use is

Yesterday on my 3gs I use GPS tracking for 2 hours, iPod music for 1 hour, sent 4 emails received lots! checked every 30 mins, 10 texts, 20 mins call time, downloaded an app update via wifi, played games for maybe 10 mins, surfed the net via 3g for a few mins and via wifi for a few mins, and according to the phone had it on standby for 14+ hours and still hadn't received the 20% remaining warning although it must have been very close.