Options

Down Syndrome Character Casulty

aspijackaspijack Posts: 1,202
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There is a character with Down's syndrome on tonight Casulty would you like to see more disabled actor in a soap I would like too be an actor when I have more confidence and training

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    It was an interesting storyline, the actors involved potrayed their characters and storyline very well. There is a deaf character in Hollyoaks at the moment, and Izzy off corrie is disbled too, I'm not sure if there are any others, those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. Good luck with the acting. :)
  • Options
    KaifKaif Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Rhona.s son in Emmerdale has Down's syndrome and Lizzy who works in the factory is blind
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    Eastenders had that guy in the wheelchair who was awful. It's a shame Manda Best left though.
  • Options
    aspijackaspijack Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean a regular actor with Downs or Aspergers I'm hoping too go to a theatre group for adults with learning difficulties soon.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Yes, I would welcome seeing more people with Down's Syndrome on TV or on stage. The best case scenario for me would be if their condition were not the focus of the plot, that the character had an interesting storyline regardless.
  • Options
    sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aspijack wrote: »
    I mean a regular actor with Downs or Aspergers I'm hoping too go to a theatre group for adults with learning difficulties soon.

All the best to you for the future. We hope you won’t forget us when you become famous. *hugs*