should I text him?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, I've met a lovely guy and we've had 4 great dates. We got on so well with lots of laughter. I last heard from him (via text) last Friday. On Saturday he moved house so I know he's far to busy to text me but I would have thought he would of answered my text when I wished him luck last Saturday. How long should I leave it till I text him again or should I just wait for him to contact me? X

Comments

• codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Text them
  • LuckyyemLuckyyem Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just text him. He may have forgotten to reply on Saturday in all of the mayhem of moving. If he doesn't reply, I wouldn't text again. Good luck!
  • JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    Text him !
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with a catch up text if you ask me. You've got the perfect ice breaker with the house move. Ask how it went and what have you.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Text him but if he does not respond to that one, don't send another one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    Text him - but only to wish him well in his new home! You don't want to come across as clingy/suffocating/desperate/high maintenance after all. FFS he's just moved house, gonna have loads to sort.... Maybe subtly suggest you pop over with a bottle of wine as a house-warming gift - but be prepared to leave it and go - that will give you a clue if he's in to you or not.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would just text him and ask how the house move went etc but if he doesn't reply then I wouldn't text again. If he does reply then great :)
  • ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go round there and pitch a tent in his front garden.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just sent him a very short and sweet text.....so we will see. Thanks guys x
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    I don't know whether you've heard, but some of these text devices have an interactive real time two way audio communication capability built in. Amazingly, the texting number is the same as you use for this entirely new and innovative technique. What you do is enter the text number onto the little squares on the front of the text device and then press a green button with a white symbol in the middle of it. You would be surprised that you can then talk to the other person, or if they don't answer, leave a message.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck op, there's nothing worse than hangin around, I went through it last year and your probably worth more than that
    X
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All is good in the world again! :-) xx feel better now xx
  • TheGreatKatsbyTheGreatKatsby Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Text him, and be sure to ask a question. Ask him how the move went or how he's getting on in his new home. In my experience, guys are less likely to reply if they're not asked a direct question :D So ask a question and if he doesn't reply then I wouldn't bother texting him again.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leanne5058 wrote: »

Aww that's good :) hope things work out for you :)
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    Text them
    I wouldn't text all of them, just the one you're interested in.

Seriously? Moving house isn't that big an event; once the tv & hi-fi are in place job's a good un. Text him and see how the move went, and when does he fancy a meet-up? He's a bloke; once he's installed in the new pad he'll want to get on with life.
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know whether you've heard, but some of these text devices have an interactive real time two way audio communication capability built in. Amazingly, the texting number is the same as you use for this entirely new and innovative technique. What you do is enter the text number onto the little squares on the front of the text device and then press a green button with a white symbol in the middle of it. You would be surprised that you can then talk to the other person, or if they don't answer, leave a message.

Wow that was rude. She said she was on 4 dates with him so she obviously has the skills to talk to him.

It's far quicker and easier to read a text than call up voice mail and listen to a message, plus its guaranteed the message will get through even if they don't read it immediately, were as if you call and there's no answer the person doesn't know what you're attempting to reach them about even if they see a missed call. A text solves that problem.

If the receiver is in public they don't have to get their phone out and talk in front or people or listen to a message, they can just casually read the screen without interrupting what else is going on at the time.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Wow that was rude. She said she was on 4 dates with him so she obviously has the skills to talk to him.

It's far quicker and easier to read a text than call up voice mail and listen to a message, plus its guaranteed the message will get through even if they don't read it immediately, were as if you call and there's no answer the person doesn't know what you're attempting to reach them about even if they see a missed call. A text solves that problem.

If the receiver is in public they don't have to get their phone out and talk in front or people or listen to a message, they can just casually read the screen without interrupting what else is going on at the time.

Maybe if people spoke on the phone then they wouldn't get into a quandary about texts. It's what the thing was invented for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I agree with smudge's dad. If you want the best form of response, or to get hold of someone relatively quickly, then the telephone is better than agonising the correct space of time between texts, or fretting over the length of time it takes to respond. It's certainly harder to avoid people who phone you. If you then have to leave a message and they take forever to respond to that, then at least you will have a relatively good idea of your importance to them.

We have habitual texters and emailers at work. People have a tendency to put these on the back burner as it's always something that you can do later. Those who vocalise get more buy in and more things happen. I can't see how that would be any different out of work.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,987
    Forum Member

I assume (hope) that means you got a reply, and a nice one at that. Mind you, it was a little rude of him not to acknowledge your previous text in the first place.
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe if people spoke on the phone then they wouldn't get into a quandary about texts. It's what the thing was invented for.

You're assuming they don't want to speak on the phone which is a big assumption.

And a sure fire problem with that is you can't make someone pick up the phone if you call them, and if you want to get through to someone for certain a text message will definitely reach them.

People have been leaving messages and in text form for other people for thousands of years way before the phone was invented. It's a different function and I don't see how it's a negative thing.

I'm not particularity pro text as I use Skype and rarely phone people because I get to talk and see the person but I think text has a great purpose too.

I don't see people complaining about text when they use a forum like this one that is built on the text format. Probably because it's far more useful to them than they realize. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right.....well another week has passed and again no contact! I sent him this text 4 days ago........listen I'm going to leave you in peace for a bit ( I don't want to get on your nerves) you obviously need to concentrate on getting your home nice and ready for your kids...and as you say there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything. I'm not sure what your thoughts are of me but if you do fancy another date then just give me a call. Hope to hear from you soon. ............I've not even had a reply to that text! So what do I do now as he's just left me hanging. I obviously know that moving house takes a lot of time but I just want to know if he's interested or not! So do I send one last text asking him? X
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Time to back off now I think Leanne. He knows where to contact you if he wants to.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right.....well another week has passed and again no contact! I sent him this text 4 days ago........listen I'm going to leave you in peace for a bit ( I don't want to get on your nerves) you obviously need to concentrate on getting your home nice and ready for your kids...and as you say there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything. I'm not sure what your thoughts are of me but if you do fancy another date then just give me a call. Hope to hear from you soon. ............I've not even had a reply to that text! So what do I do now as he's just left me hanging. I obviously know that moving house takes a lot of time but I just want to know if he's interested or not! So do I send one last text asking him? X

Personally and its only what i would do is to call and have a chat about his place avoid any sort of pressure and just ask if he is free for a drink on xx date.

I think in this case you have tried texting one last try but talking instead ,it would give you more of an idea by his tone if he wants to carry on or not.

Hope this helps good luck.
  • LuckyyemLuckyyem Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I wouldn't. Yes moving house is ball ache, but if he was really interested he would have either replied to the text you sent or been in contact. It takes a couple of minutes to text someone, even if it was a "I'm really hectic at the moment, I'll speak to you in a few days" or whatever.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's probably confused - If you;ve sent him a text saying right then I'll leave you in peace as you're obviously too busy, he probably thinks it's a polite way of dumping him! I wouldnt bother contacting anyone who has sent me a text worded like that.