The Last Leg. Series 5. Starts 1/8 (tonight!)

CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's back tonight, only just seen it in my recordings :D:D:D:D:D:D

Cannot wait, I had wondered why they weren't back and covering Commonwealth Games :D:D

Comments

• Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    After that hour I'll never get back, this should get C4 back on track!
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    And there's the first Don't be a dick
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm I thought there would be more posts than this, there usually is :confused:

Although I did fall asleep :blush:
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching, enjoying it :-)
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,273
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    Hmm I thought there would be more posts than this, there usually is :confused:

Although I did fall asleep :blush:

Clashed with the Commonwealth Games and Big Brother that I was just about managing to multitask as it was. Got it recorded to catch up with in the week. :)
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Clashed with the Commonwealth Games and Big Brother that I was just about managing to multitask as it was. Got it recorded to catch up with in the week. :)

Big Brother is a pile of poop and should be missed for the legendary Last Leg ;):D
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Watching a recording now as I was watching Big Brother.

I'll know which to watch and which to record next week!
    Forum Member
    Watching a recording now as I was watching Big Brother.

I'll know which to watch and which to record next week!

Watch neither...and record neither...and watch/do anything else!
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Watch neither...and record neither...and watch/do anything else!

Why? the Last Leg is currently the best thing on TV.

It's certainly cuts through the utter bullshit of other programmes.
    Forum Member
    Shit, sorry I thought I was in the thread about that God-Awful Alan Carr thing! Oops!
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Shit, sorry I thought I was in the thread about that God-Awful Alan Carr thing! Oops!

Ah! now there you have a very valid point! :D
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The vote results were wrong - I could tell by just a quick glance at Twitter, but then again maybe they never intended to use the real results.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's woeful and about as 'cutting edge' as an hour of QVC gardening.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    This show was great during 2012 when it was about sport. Unfortunately during the last series I kind of grew to want to punch all three of them.

I gave up with this episode when they decided the Commonwealth games were shit.
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    love the show.
    I ofc watched big brother also.
    I adore josh & like both alex & adam also.
    Will watch soon & report back :p
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never really got this show, suppose i never will
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    This show was great during 2012 when it was about sport. Unfortunately during the last series I kind of grew to want to punch all three of them.

I have really loved this endearing show, and the way they all gel together.....but tonight with its return was at times in exceptional poor taste I thought. Just leave Gaza alone please, this is meant to be a comedy show and there is NOTHING remotely comic or worth a titter about the appalling goings on out there, even if their narrative was laced with the underlying message that we are all human beings first and foremost. To just call each side "dicks" at the end was horribly purile in the circumstances and left me stone faced. The subject matter did not sit right on this show tonight and I don't want to hear any laughter remotely associated with the news about Gaza & Israel.

I must admit that the threesome are starting to come across as less endearing and rather too full of themselves now. The charm has worn off somewhat. There really are only so many jokes Alex can make about his disability, and generally the jokes were weak tonight elsewhere. Coming during the Commonwealth Games, which have had paralympic competitors this week I was surprised this aspect was mostly overlooked, after all at the Olympics that was the entire premise for the show in the first place.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there anyone who actually finds Alex Brooker funny ? Yes we know your disabled as you mention it every 5 seconds, but can you actually tell jokes about anything else and make people laugh, seeing as you are a "so called" comedian ? Constantly laughing at your own jokes doesnt disguise this fact.

People should'nt be on tv just because they are disabled, they should be there on merit. It seems the "novelty" of a show like this has started to wain with the public. Thought last nights show was very poor.
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit disappointed tbh, I thought it would be good, especially with the Inbetweeners guys on, but it lacked energy and was about 15 minutes too short IMO
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the show is too short, I just think they didn't make enough use of the guests. Alex Brooker is lovely, and I'm not sure he is classed as a comedian. Josh Widdecombe is the one I can't warm to really, and sometimes I find Adam Hills tried a bit too hard, but I do like him.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,402
    Forum Member
    The Last Leg has now been taken over by the corporate suits at Channel 4.

Guests this week - The inbetweeners cast - Movie out this week which will be backed by Film Four.

Guest next week - Noel Fielding - whose sitcom airs on E4.

Getting like ITV chat shows (Jonathon Ross/ Paul O'Grady) where guests can only come from other ITV shows

Interviews with guests were lame as they obviously had to promote the movie, and expect same next week.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Thought last nights show was very poor.

Well I'm glad a few people in this thread thought that. I came into the thread with some trepidation, wondering if it was just me who thought last night's ep was dull. The jokes didn't raise a smile from me this time and it also didn't help that I don't watch The Inbetweeners. Will give the next couple of eps a go but if it doesn't improve I doubt I'll stick with it.
  • puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be in the minority then. I really enjoyed the episode! The banter between Adam, Ale and Josh is so natural! You can tell that they get on so well an that they would actually hang out together outside of The Last Leg. :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Is there anyone who actually finds Alex Brooker funny ? Yes we know your disabled as you mention it every 5 seconds, but can you actually tell jokes about anything else and make people laugh, seeing as you are a "so called" comedian ? Constantly laughing at your own jokes doesnt disguise this fact.
    Since when?
    He is a journalist and tv presenter.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    They decided the opposite.

I thought the episode was fine. Not the best, or the worst. They've generally had something to say about controversial or tragic topics, and Gaza was no different.