Prince William to have civilian job

John146John146 Posts: 12,926
Forum Member
✭✭
Prince William is to train as an Air Ambulance pilot, he will be paid a salary, but will donate all of it back to the Air Ambulance, the first future King to take a civilian job

Comments

• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS's resident anti-Royals will be along shortly to attack him for it.
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    John146 wrote: »
    Prince William is to train as an Air Ambulance pilot, he will be paid a salary, but will donate all of it back to the Air Ambulance, the first future King to take a civilian job

Is he the younger one or the older one?
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I say good on him. He's going to see people at their most needy and desperate, while doing something to help. Kid's got a sound head on his shoulders.
  • John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »

The older one
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I say good on him. He's going to see people at their most needy and desperate, while doing something to help. Kid's got a sound head on his shoulders.

He's 32. Hardly a kid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

The one less attractive than the ginger one
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    He's 32. Hardly a kid.

I was already a teenager when he was born, so he's always going to be a kid to be:p Plus, it's an affectation I picked up from my dad, who calls everyone younger than him, kid.
  • ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's the one getting dirty with Kate........and if he's lucky, her sister at the same time. ....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member

So not only do these spongers feed off the plebs, they are now resorting to saving their lives too through a rapid response unit? Sack the lot of them and let people live their last moments in peace at the roadside rather than land your posh boy helicopter in the middle of the motorway making loads of noise and messing up everyones hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So not only do these spongers feed off the plebs, they are now resorting to saving their lives too through a rapid response unit? Sack the lot of them and let people live their last moments in peace at the roadside rather than land your posh boy helicopter in the middle of the motorway making loads of noise and messing up everyones hair.

Have you not heard of the 'Golden Hour'?, it is imperative to get a dangerously ill/injured patient to hospital, the quickest way is sometimes by Air Ambulance, Prince William has volunteered to use his expertise as a past pilot to work for Air Ambulance for free..
  • ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's the one getting dirty with Kate........and if he's lucky, her sister at the same time. ....

Oh and her mum looks like a bit of a milf......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Have you not heard of the 'Golden Hour'?, it is imperative to get a dangerously ill/injured patient to hospital, the quickest way is sometimes by Air Ambulance, Prince William has volunteered to use his expertise as a past pilot to work for Air Ambulance for free..

Knowing this silver spooned posh boy, he will be doing a Golden Shower 100ft above the crash scene.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knowing this silver spooned posh boy, he will be doing a Golden Shower 100ft above the crash scene.

BIB Don't understand:confused::confused:
  • FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those damn royals, ther takin our jobs!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I'm not anti royal but I can understand the argument about him taking a paid job away from someone who needs it. Least it's going back to the air ambulance service.
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play to him. Bet it'll be weird working with civilians instead of armed forces types.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    Fair play to him. Bet it'll be weird working with civilians instead of armed forces types.

Well he did work for Air/Sea Rescue in N.Wales rescuing civilians.
  • FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    I'm not anti royal but I can understand the argument about him taking a paid job away from someone who needs it. Least it's going back to the air ambulance service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's easy enough to think the idea of a Monarchy in the 21st century is totally absurd while also thinking the princes seem like ok guys. I actually feel a bit sorry for them stuck in that situation.
  • cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    So far as aware the cost to the taxpayer to train Prince William to become an RAF helicopter pilot was around £2-million, via fixed wing licence and onto rotary wing. The average pay he will donate to the ambulance service could be from £28k to £55k.
    At least he would be doing something worthwhile compared to some other Royals
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Simi89 wrote: »

Can't win, can he?

Loaf about doing nothing and he's a lazy bastard. Work and he's taking a job off somebody else.

Do you feel the same about everyone who works but does not need to do so, due to independent means?
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]

BIB Don't understand:confused::confused:

I don't think you understood any of what Vernon said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you understood any of what Vernon said.

Correct