Options

Good eating habits kids do without being told

asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
Forum Member
it's bizarre. I'm not a particularly healthy eater but for some reason my kids have some good habits that I do feel proud of them for.

One will not have sugar on any of her cereal (weird or what -how can she eat weetabix with no sugar??), she'll also not have any butter or marg spread on sandwiches.

I know these are only two small things but i'm really suprised and happy. She also doesn't tend to buy sweets with her money but chewy. She's quite a heavy built child but i wouldn't say fat so i'm very happy she doesn't have the pallet for added sugar, butter or sweet things.

My other daughter has never eaten chips although there are times i wish she would, home made or takeaway chips are a no no and she just says she doesn't like the taste.

have any of your kids got naturally healthy diets that they do of their own accord?

Comments

• Options
    notorious tysonnotorious tyson Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    When I was a kid, I used to love eating fruit, salad and vegetable a lot more than the majority of other kids I knew. :) Also, I nearly always finished everything on my plate without being told to! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My niece (5yo) does not like fizzy pop. It makes me so happy!
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Niece (8) is not keen on chocolate or sweets in general and has loved eating veg from an early age:D:cool:

She would rather munch on a carrot stick than eat chocolate
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive never liked fizzy drinks

thats it everything else is really bad for you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    I'm your kids twenty years ago..never liked chips, always loved my veg and never have spud unless eating out. Mum always said if you have a proper dinner you don't need it. Took a packed lunch as hated school dinners,chips agin, and was always amazed when went to a friends for dinner and they had white bread sandwiches. As for sugar,never in coffee, hate tea, or cereal...used to drain the milk off my cereal when mum sunk it on, and don't like butter or marg on anything either. But I love my food and have the energy of a Duracell bunny and have my dads long and lanky build so, following him, I can pack it way for another ten years at least. When I was a kid the question was "where does she put it all?" and my stock reply was "in my willies" don't ak me why!!!
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    My son will drink nothing but water

I don't feed him orange food as it would exacerbate his learning difficulties

He will eat sweet potatoes but not potatoes

He won't eat sucky sweets

He won't drink hot drinks

He hates ice cream for being too cold
  • Options
    Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    ..........................I don't feed him orange food as it would exacerbate his learning difficulties

He will eat sweet potatoes but not potatoes.......................................

I would describe the colour of sweet poatoes as orange.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    I would describe the colour of sweet poatoes as orange.

To clarify I mean that are coloured orange, the additives used to colour orange are linked to hyperactivity

The natural food like carrots and sweet potatoes are fine

Oh and he won't eat margarine or butter at all
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about when they stop eating just before they explode.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always, since being a child, really disliked McDonalds. When I was little and got invited to birthday parties at McDonalds I always hated it because I didn't like the food. Even now I don't get the fascination with it, it just doesn't taste good to me, I can make a far nicer burger at home.
  • Options
    Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought that it was a good habit of children to leave food behind at the end of their meal, though some parents seem to have an obsession about them eating everything,
  • Options
    FearFactorFearFactor Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My little girl's favourity food is brocolli, followed by peas and strawberries. She doesn't like sweets or chocolate. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    I've always thought that it was a good habit of children to leave food behind at the end of their meal, though some parents seem to have an obsession about them eating everything,

You'd be fine in china then, they get offended if you eat everything as it indicates they haven't fed you enough, so they'll keep refilling your plate until you stop.