Glee Sky 1 pace (No umarked spoilers)

LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
Forum Member
✭✭
Couldn't find the old thread, so I thought I better start a new one for the few of us that still watch at UK pace.

Don't forget, 8pm January 6th, Sky 1.

And, I'm not against spoilers per se, so long as they're hidden.

Comments

• EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    Couldn't find the old thread, so I thought I better start a new one for the few of us that still watch at UK pace.

Don't forget, 8pm January 6th, Sky 1.

And, I'm not against spoilers per se, so long as they're hidden.

Thanks for the heads up, though the gleefest on Sky 1 at lunchtimes at the moment is a pretty big clue, too. ;)Jeez some of those Series 3 episodes played back to back are pretty icky, though unless my Skyplus is playing up they've missed the gay teen sex First Time ep, The morals of the nation are safe with Sky, then. :rolleyes:
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not like you saw anything with that episode, but no doubt they are hedging their bets and avoiding the inevitable complaint from someone who gets their pants in a bunch over it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, though the gleefest on Sky 1 at lunchtimes at the moment is a pretty big clue, too. ;)Jeez some of those Series 3 episodes played back to back are pretty icky, though unless my Skyplus is playing up they've missed the gay teen sex First Time ep, The morals of the nation are safe with Sky, then. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that episode never makes the lunchtime repeats, nor does On My Way.
  • Anti StaticAnti Static Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    I noticed in today's repeat, in the scene where Sam and Mercedes go to see Emma about their mutual attraction for each other and she gives them one of her pamphlets to look at, the shot of the pamphlet title had been cut. If memory serves me right it was something like 'When you already have a boyfriend but still act like a ho'. Seems like Sky thought that was a bit too spicy for daytime TV. :rolleyes:
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The one where Rachel and Finn / Kurt and Blaine first sleep together? I've definitely seen it this past week, but a couple of episodes were shown at like 1am so perhaps it was one of the ones shown then.
  • Gizmo210688Gizmo210688 Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, a few of the Season 3 episodes could be classed as being a little bit too risque for daytime TV. Particularly the episodes that deal with (spoilers just in case people haven't caught up).
    Coach Beieste dealing with domestic abuse from her husband
    Karofsky's attempted suicide

Having watched through all of Season 3 thanks to getting the box set for Christmas, I enjoyed it a lot more second time round (the stop start scheduling on Sky1 in order to keep it in line with episode air dates in the US probably didn't help matters either).

Very much looking forward to Season 4 tonight though. Managed to avoid spoilers from Facebook, Twitter and the web in general. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was a promising enough start. Quite like the new additions, Marley (and her mum) and Rachel's new roommate.
  • MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was a promising enough start. Quite like the new additions, Marley (and her mum) and Rachel's new roommate.

Much better than I feared, though I'm expecting Kate Hudson will annoy me almost to Paltrow levels in a couple of weeks..

Not sure what Kitty does, other than be a charmless version of Quinn. Why does Wade/Unique's need for expression involve dressing up as an elderly woman extra in Dynasty circa 1985? I'm sure these will all be answered in due course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Not a huge fan of Wade myself either. And Kitty, well I guess she's becoming the defacto bully/villain - especially as Sue is now with baby. BTW anyone think that was a throwaway scene. Just one mention and then nothing after.
  • Anti StaticAnti Static Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who liked Jake? Ok, I know we're going to have the runaround for an episode or two, just like we did with Puck, before Jake comes to his senses and joins the ND, but since he seems to have a crush on Marley already it shouldn't take too long.

I thought the scenes at McKinley and NY went quite well together and didn't jar like I feared they would. Unfortunately I've got a feeling I'm going to tire of Wade/Unique rather quickly. Still, a good start IMHO and my favourite song of the episode was Blaine's version of 'It's Time'

Was there no mention at all about what happened to Rory or did I miss it? Are we just meant to assume his visa story from last season was true?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could not believe how bad the PQ was on sky1hd, and they call that HD:confused:
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    The Good

1. Rachel without Finn is about 1 million percent better.
    2. New York State of Mind - for once I really enjoyed Lea's vocals, for some reason I prefer the way she tones down the histrionics and vocal catches when she does girl duets.
    3. The new Glee club looks to be more fun than the old one was at times.
    4. The traditional season opener on the steps outside - could have done with some blazing pianos though
    5. The Jazz Ensemble never graduated, though the pianist seems to have.
    6. Thank goodness Kurt's gone to NY - him being back at McKinley was creepy.

The not so good

1. I thought this at the end of S3 - none of the remaining Glee Club seniors (Artie/Kevin excepted) have the acting skills to hold centre stage. Hope some of the newbies will.
    2. Sue's baby - enough, already
    3. Mr Schu is still a jerk.
    4. Nowhere near enough Sugar
    5. The enormous Santana-sized gap in the whole show.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Great start, and Marley reminded me of Katharine McPhee from Smash.

Kate Hudson too I liked.
    Could not believe how bad the PQ was on sky1hd, and they call that HD:confused:
    Didn't notice the PQ but the sound was pumping....very good.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5. The Jazz Ensemble never graduated, though the pianist seems to have.
    I wonder what happened to the old pianist (n the show).
    4. Nowhere near enough Sugar
    I have to disagree, there was far too much of her for my taste. ;)
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Didn't notice the PQ but the sound was pumping....very good.:cool:
    Sound was ok, but they still can't seem to get the lip sync during the songs down right. Been the same since the pilot.
  • MadalMadal Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Saw it last night (recorded via TIVO) and enjoyed it. Not sure about Kate Hudson, but we will see - Marley and Jake seem to be some good additions. It appears the ND is getting smaller, less storylines in the school since they have got to cover NY.

I think that Sugar has to go, but then there are always characters that I don't like!!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Madal wrote: »
    I think that Sugar has to go, but then there are always characters that I don't like!!

Don't worry, she's not in it much, which is a shame as I like her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madal wrote: »

I don't agree. Characters like Sugar and Joe are needed as background characters and to make up numbers in ND.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm another one not in the Wade/Unique fan club, watching The Glee Project he was on removed any chance of me ever liking the character as I really didn't like the actor.

I know Kitty isn't supposed to be a likeable character but neither was Quinn at the beginning and I liked her instantly. So far I'm not taking to Kitty.

And I really miss Santana :(

But, on the plus side, I liked the Rachel in New York scenes (yes, even Kate Hudson!) and I'm looking forward to seeing her and Kurt together in the city. Marley and Jake seem like they could be good characters, and I'm glad Blaine was voted "the new Rachel" :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, hell no! Tina should've been the new Rachel. I was fuming that she wasn't. I don't want to see Blaine's constipated singing face during every ND group song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PeteIsGod wrote: »
    Aw, hell no! Tina should've been the new Rachel. I was fuming that she wasn't. I don't want to see Blaine's constipated singing face during every ND group song.

Aww, I like Blaine :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PeteIsGod wrote: »
    I don't agree. Characters like Sugar and Joe are needed as background characters and to make up numbers in ND.

I'm glad they kept Joe, i like him. He may have said/done less than Rory but much more an interesting character

enjoyed this weeks and am glad it was back. I'm gutted Tina isn't the new Rachel either. Rachel and Marley singing New York State Of Mind was amazing
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Loved the first episode, way more than I thought I would, as the last two seasons have felt off somehow.

I think this'll be a return to form.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Was Mercedes the only former cast member not mentioned? Or did I just miss it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LollyPants wrote: »
    Was Mercedes the only former cast member not mentioned? Or did I just miss it?

She was very briefly, didn't someone (Brittany?) mistake Wade for her?
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The New Rachel.

Big changes at McKinley. We had eight seniors graduate last year, so the New Directions are obviously going to be needing a lot of replacements. And we end up with...erm..just two. Oh, and Damien has gone as well, so they are still seven members shorter than last year. That weird mathematical dilemma aside, I loved this season opener.

I haven't known how they were going to do the show this year, whether the seniors would be in it or not, but according to the cast list, they are all back, except for Quinn. Not sure how that's going to work, whether we are going to follow one or two each week like with Rachel and Kurt this week, but still. I'm glad they are still going to be in it.

Kate Hudson being a bitch to Rachel could get old fast, but it works here. Brody seems OK so far, and looks like he will cause problems between Rachel and Finn. Kurt hanging round McKinley was weird, so I'm glad he has gone to NY to be with Rachel, they needed to keep those two together.

A couple of good Britney one liners, and Sue put downs keep the show ticking along as it used to, though they really should never have done that stupid baby storyline.

As for the new characters, Marley really can be the new Rachel, really like her already. Jake is another Puck, actually literally, and Kitty the new Quinn, though nowhere near as likeable. Wade, well, I never liked Alex on The Glee Project, and as such have never warmed to the character - nothing here changed that. I just find him annoying.

Blaine as the new Rachel? Predictable and rubbish, they should just work as a team. Blaine is good, but nowhere near the star Rachel was.

I'm liking the set-up this year, interested to see how the seniors are going to come back.