Glee Sky 1 pace (No umarked spoilers)

Comments

• qwerty21qwerty21 Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Kate Hudson a lot and the mix between New York and McKinley worked better than I expected. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the graduates as well. I was worried McKinley would be very dull but the new characters are good espiecally Marley.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every season has its stinker and I sure hope tonights was it.

There was only about 10 mins that were decent and they were Kurt and Rachel's apartment scenes. Which reminds me... how can they afford $1800 p/m?
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every season has its stinker and I sure hope tonights was it.

There was only about 10 mins that were decent and they were Kurt and Rachel's apartment scenes. Which reminds me... how can they afford $1800 p/m?

Completely agree. Just about unwatchable. It felt like a lot of old ideas rehashed. Even the obvious echo of the Rachel/Finn/Quinn triangle.

Has Marti Noxon left the show now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It actually took me a good couple of minutes to remember that wasn't Mercedes in the choir room :o

It was alright, i'm still glad it's back. I liked how their disastrous performance in front of the school was almost a nod back to episode 2 of season 1 when the same thing happened
  • MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awesome episode. I was "spoilered up" as to what Britney 2.0 was going to be about, so with the help of YouTube videos for once I was clued up to the avalanche of jokes delivered by Heather Morris/Britanny in her virtuoso performance. From the voiceover that wasn't through to the disastrous Cheetos performance - "lip-sync is the equivalent of blood doping in professional sport" :D:D:D, brilliant but cruel.

Lots of songs, Cheerios dance routines, still like the newbs, though a Jake/Marley/Kitty menage-a-trois seems a stupid plot move when we don't yet know much or care about any of them.

Only puzzle and showing my age, Was Rachel's totally lame knock off of the erotic dance routine from Bob Fosse's "All that Jazz" supposed to be deliberately pathetic and nauseatingly unsexy? At least in the Glee version,Ms Michele didn't whip her top off, for which we should be grateful for small mercies, I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Servalan wrote: »
    Completely agree. Just about unwatchable. It felt like a lot of old ideas rehashed. Even the obvious echo of the Rachel/Finn/Quinn triangle.

Has Marti Noxon left the show now?

Yes, apparently she wasn't going to return for season 4. Shame, as I enjoyed both of her season 3 episodes.
  • Anti StaticAnti Static Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    I'd heard, this was the worst episode of the new season (so far) so I wasn't expecting much, however I didn't find it as bad as I thought I would; thanks mainly to the almost sly anti-Brittany undertone that pervaded throughout most of the episode. Some of the barbed comments and jibes were quite funny and it gave me the impression that the writers were getting some sort of pay back on Fox for wanting a second tribute episode for BS as part of their promotion of her joining the X Factor.

I'm not a BS fan so I found most of the songs a bit meh this week. The most palatable one for me was when Jake sang 'U drive me crazy' to Marley on the bleachers.

Enjoyed Jake and Puck's first meeting together but I thought it was way too short. Are they really trying to tell us that Puck would come all the way from L.A. to Lima for nothing more than a quick five minute chat before jumping straight on a plane back again the same day? :rolleyes:

I like Brody - he's easy on the eye - but I'm not really feeling any sort of chemistry between him and Rachel. If we're supposed to be seeing him as a rival to Finn they need to ramp it all up a bit... or is it just me that thinks that? :confused:

Best bit of the episode for me was Jake's entrance into the choir room and his resulting WTF have I got myself into? face when he was being introduced to the ND. They really did come across as a group of strange weirdos - even Mr piano man! :p
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    "J'accuse!" :D

Stoner Brett best new character, come on Mr Schu, bring him in!

For Glee to make a [good] joke about Lip Synching - the show really is starting to eat itself.
  • squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bleah - marley vocally is lea michelle and her voice is so very broadway generic i never got into it. ,kitty? haven't a clue she has made so little impression. Kate Hudson character reminds of people in the first season.. completely over the top. however....Lea Michelle can't dance so actually, she's right. Still, enjoying racheal and kurt in NYC much more than anything at McKinley.

Think the show is on it's way out.....
  • Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    Was there no mention at all about what happened to Rory or did I miss it? Are we just meant to assume his visa story from last season was true?
    Nope, there's never an in-show mention of it. And the actor no longer works on the show. Although he does appear in the mid-season finale..
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    I haven't known how they were going to do the show this year, whether the seniors would be in it or not, but according to the cast list, they are all back, except for Quinn.
    They all return during the first half of the season. Although, other than two of them, to say that any of them are 'in' the show might be overstating things a little.
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    Brody seems OK so far, and looks like he will cause problems between Rachel and Finn.
    Not really.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They had some more digs at Glee on 'The New Normal', taking the mick out of Babra Streisand medleys.

Not sure if they are taking the mick out of the fans who complain.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Brody - he's easy on the eye - but I'm not really feeling any sort of chemistry between him and Rachel. If we're supposed to be seeing him as a rival to Finn they need to ramp it all up a bit... or is it just me that thinks that? :confused:

No, it's a hotly contested debate topic on The Glee Forum and other fan sites. I'm with you, I find him disturbing to look at (he has too feline facial features for me) and a little bit bland in the acting stakes too.
    However, he does get a bit better as the show goes along and he's an okay singer.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    squadge wrote: »
    Still, enjoying racheal and kurt in NYC much more than anything at McKinley.

I feared before the season started that I'd feel like that. I still like Blaine, Tina, Brit, Joe, etc. from previous seasons but I'm not finding myself very fond of the new characters so far. I know we're only 2 episodes so hopefully they'll grow on me, but I can't help wanting to see more of Rachel and Kurt in NYC and I'm really missing Santana. I want to see where Finn and Mercedes are, and more of Santana than barely a minute.
  • girlinstaticgirlinstatic Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you guys heard about the rumoured Quinn/Santana happenings for sweeps? What on earth :eek: If true then that is some class A trolling from Murphs.
  • jesse_pinkmanjesse_pinkman Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, I'm not feeling this new series so far... I like Marley, don't like the other new characters. It's not as funny. I miss Mercedes. But I'll stick with it, it is Glee after all!
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm the only one who likes Wade/Unique.

I think it's very important for Glee to cover a transsexual story because younger people need to know that it's acceptable and that they should not be treated differently for any reason whatsoever.
  • MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam Evans seems to have morphed from Butters Stotch into Ralph Wiggum.

Brittany looked hot as Sarah Palin

I hope Lea had a stunt double when she waddled along the street in those boots.

Finn returns. Ah well, too good to last.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much better this week, although still too much Britt.

Did feel like it was another bit more of arc progression - especially with the Blaine/Kurt and Rachel/Finn plots.

Musically perhaps was a bit better, despite SJP's 'singing'.
  • Anti StaticAnti Static Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    I felt the opposite this week to what i did last week. I was looking forward to this episode because I'd heard good things about it, but in the end I was a little underwhelmed. Not that it didn't have fun moments; Blaine dressed as Robin (with Catwoman's ears on his head!) and doing his Harry Potter thing was amusing, as was the moment when Sam asked why some glee clubs get to sing six songs at competition and others only get to sing one. :p

Kurt's instantaneous career advancement at Vogue was all a bit silly, but I'm prepared to go with it since I quite liked the scenes with SJP. I wasn't too keen on Rachel's makeover though. I mean, sure she looked lovely, but I actually stopped seeing her as Rachel and just saw her as Lea Michelle for a while. It was only when she had her cooking disaster that I felt I was watching Rachel again. Trying to put the flames out on a burning pan with wine was such a Rachel thing to do! :D

The songs were OK but didn't do a great deal for me again this week. At a push I would say Rachel and Brody's version of "A Change Will Do You Good" was the best, but that was mainly because the scenes of them running around the streets of Manhattan helped give it a nice feel-good vibe.

The ending was predictable. As soon as Rachel asked Brody over for dinner you just knew that Finn would turn up. Still, it has set the scene for next week's episode, which according to Ryan Murphy is the "best episode we have ever done."

The only bit I've seen from that is
    Blaine singing his acoustic version of Teenage Dream to Kurt which does look like it's a pretty emotionally charged scene.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it's very important for Glee to cover a transsexual story because younger people need to know that it's acceptable and that they should not be treated differently for any reason whatsoever.

I completely agree with it being necessary to show such a SL, but I just can't warm to the character so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still, it has set the scene for next week's episode, which according to Ryan Murphy is the "best episode we have ever done."

The only bit I've seen from that is
    Blaine singing his acoustic version of Teenage Dream to Kurt which does look like it's a pretty emotionally charged scene.

No other real spoilers other than those above, but just opinions on the aforementioned scene (I know some people like those under tags):
    Yeah, a lot of people raved about that performance and found it heartbreaking but I think I must be in the minority as for me it all fell a bit flat and didn't have that effect.
    Most of the time I find these kind of episodes don't live up to the hype but this one impressed me (there really is some great acting and instances of fantastic writing).
  • MadalMadal Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I watched this week's episode and felt a little flat after it. Too much Britt - she seems to have been promoted into a more major role and I am not sure that the character deserves it. Too little with New Directions and Sam seems to have lost the plot totally. Hoping that it improves
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't like the character but I think that comes from not liking him on the Glee Project. He was obnoxious, rude and dismissive of the other people in it.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I don't like the character but I think that comes from not liking him on the Glee Project. He was obnoxious, rude and dismissive of the other people in it.

Yes I didn't like the actor on the Glee Project either, but I do like the character on Glee. He/She is a good role model for transgenderism.
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Am watching thanks to Youview, really really liked Britney 2.0 so much better than the first because most of the songs actually fit each scene. But Kitty needs to go, it's just lazy writing how they've made her into a Santa-type character. Ok every yeargroup has idiots in them but with such similarity...don't think so somehow.

And please less of Rachel, what is this Ugly Betty or somethng!