Glee Sky 1 pace (No umarked spoilers)

Comments

• LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fashion wrote: »
    And please less of Rachel, what is this Ugly Betty or somethng!
    Its a shame Kurt couldn't have worked at Mode magazine, its so much better than Vogue. :p
  • MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a shame Kurt couldn't have worked at Mode magazine, its so much better than Vogue. :p

One can only imagine what the good people at Mode would have said about that collection of hideous home-made tat Kurt's been wearing and posting on the WWW for the last three years. And whatever code that fox's brush dangling off his trousers was signalling to NYC's gay community I shudder to think. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Oh definitely! La Slater would have tore him a new one in no time flat, I'm sure.

As for the fox tail, I guess it was a signal of "I've got bad taste in fashion" ;)
  • EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    The Kurt/Vogue.com is way beyond far-fetched and a knock off of Ugly Betty, but I can live with it and enjoy the NYC scenes (at least up until the last one).

Meanwhile back at McKinley, they suddenly drop the new glee clubbers and retread the class president plot from last year - if they are goiing to continue to push Brittany into the spotlight, I wish they'd give her a proper character and story arc (overcoming dyslexia? .... sueing her parents for child neglect?) rather than this dumb and dumber romance with Sam (is he a faghag or whatever the bro equivalent is?).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Brittney is not a lead character and hope she gets sidelined for rest if series. And no musical numbers for her she can't sing!!
    Lovin SJP though....!
    Forum Member
    Found all the break ups a bit like warmed up leftovers, especially Finchel - my God Finn's aged so much he now seems to be playing his own Dad.

There should be a law against Brittany being upset. :cry:

Kitty "Obama's - gonna - lose". Sometimes you're just glad you've kept with UK pace. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As depressing as some of it was, I thought it was quite a good episode. And it all musically fit well, nothing shoe-horned in.

I've realised I'd rather we had Santana than Brittnay... and certainly rather than that awful Kitty.
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    From the last song with all the couples... does that mean that Emma and Will have broken up or are 'on a break'? Or were they just featured because they'd argued?
    Kitty "Obama's - gonna - lose". Sometimes you're just glad you've kept with UK pace. :cool:

How far behind are we?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the last song with all the couples... does that mean that Emma and Will have broken up or are 'on a break'? Or were they just featured because they'd argued?
    It was a bit vague. Guess they were there due to their argument.
    How far behind are we?
    Tonights ep was from October 4th.

BTW was it me or did Rachel look like she'd ate some bad seafood in the park (at the breakup) her lips were rather... well...botoxy :p
  • Anti StaticAnti Static Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    Wow, that nearly had the feel of a season one episode to me and despite the fact it was almost relentlessly miserable with all the break-ups I still enjoyed it quite a lot.

Blaine's piano version of Teenage Dream was good and I thought his heartache came across very well as he sang, but did they really have to go with such a WTF moment by having him cheat on Kurt? This is the guy after all, who changed schools to be with the boy he loves and has been an almost devoted constant in his life, yet as soon as they're parted for a few weeks, he jumps into bed with someone else? Even by the parallel universe standards of Glee, that came a bit far out of left field.

Santana and Brittany's break-up was a little sad - and a little strange too. No sooner did Santana relate her laundry story with its purpose of making sure they would spend more time together, than she tells Brittany it's for the best for them to break-up for a while? :confused:

I suppose I do tend to root for Finn and Rachel as a couple, but in reality I think they are a pretty incompatible pair who should have just gone their own separate ways ages ago. Rachel knows exactly what she wants in life and is taking the necessary steps to get there, while Finn is still floundering around in indecision with no idea where his destiny lies. Still, I assume the message we'll be sold is that love conquers all so they'll probably get back together soon enough.

As for Will and Emma, I too was a bit unclear as to whether they actually did break-up in the end.

Musically, this episode is for me, the best of the season so far. I thought Teenage Dream, Don't Speak and The Scientist were all very good.
  • MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to see Santana back - especially her giving short shrift to the ridiculous Vogue.com plot based on Kurt posting pictures of his wardrobe on the WWW. :D

Not sure whether any of those break-ups leave us. Must admit I just switch off when Rachel and Finn are having their endless, pointless lovers' moments - expect they'll be on/off throughout series 4. :yawn: Are any of the others likely to be permanent? Somehow doubt it.

The Christian group was just plain weird - though the bullying/prank on Tina's PA disturbingly reminiscent of the sh*tty stuff we used to pul at school. :o

Enjoyed the songs, though Blaine's "Teenage Dream" wasn't a patch on Santana's "Someone Like You" for teen anguish. But Adele vs Katy Perry isn't really a fair fight, is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, that nearly had the feel of a season one episode to me and despite the fact it was almost relentlessly miserable with all the break-ups I still enjoyed it quite a lot.

Blaine's piano version of Teenage Dream was good and I thought his heartache came across very well as he sang, but did they really have to go with such a WTF moment by having him cheat on Kurt? This is the guy after all, who changed schools to be with the boy he loves and has been an almost devoted constant in his life, yet as soon as they're parted for a few weeks, he jumps into bed with someone else? Even by the parallel universe standards of Glee, that came a bit far out of left field.
    That's true, although they've backed themselves up with the past couple of episodes hinting that Blaine was feeling left out as Kurt began his inexplicably rapid rise up the Vogue web-ladder.

Perhaps it might have been a bit better to have alluded to this Eli chap a bit more, I've not read any spoilers, but I guess in the grand scheme of the season, this episode had to come this early on.
    At the very least just for Finn and Rachel and so it became a case of 'in for a penny, in for a pound'... no point having two or three breakup episodes. Might as well get it all over and done with in one go.
    Enjoyed the songs, though Blaine's "Teenage Dream" wasn't a patch on Santana's "Someone Like You" for teen anguish. But Adele vs Katy Perry isn't really a fair fight, is it?
    Yeah both performances were great. I hope they release a version of Teenage Dream.. just sans the near to tears bits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've realised I'd rather we had Santana than Brittnay... and certainly rather than that awful Kitty.

Agreed. I thought this episode really emphasised the difference between the graduates and the new characters in terms of quality - that rapture subplot was awful and stood out like a sore thumb in an otherwise good episode.

Still of the opinion Blaine's cheating was contrived and unnecessary and that there was already a basis for a break up (albeit a less acrimonious one) there, but aside from that I thought this was a great episode, probably the best yet this season. Musically, it was very strong too.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marley is hottest bird in glee history
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »

As soon as she breaks up with those stoopid News Boy caps, I'll be inclined to agree with you. :cool:
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not a patch on Santana for me :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kitty is so annoying and it's not even even as if those new jocks as her back up are any good. It's so obvious they are meant to be the new was Kazinsky and his side kick. Why did they think bringing back Wade was a good idea he is so affected and annoying. Ok sorry rant over but these are things which have been bugging me. Oh plus how did Kurt get that internship when he has zip experience in workinng in the fashion world only of making really bad outfits?
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glee is so ridiculous but I can't help watching it.

I thought The Scientist was the best performed song in ages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alixfowler wrote: »
    Kitty is so annoying and it's not even even as if those new jocks as her back up are any good. It's so obvious they are meant to be the new was Kazinsky and his side kick. Why did they think bringing back Wade was a good idea he is so affected and annoying. Ok sorry rant over but these are things which have been bugging me. Oh plus how did Kurt get that internship when he has zip experience in workinng in the fashion world only of making really bad outfits?

Karofsky? Or am I thinking of the wrong person?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karofsky? Or am I thinking of the wrong person?

Yes lol sorry I was watching The Firm (the film) and that is one of the characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alixfowler wrote: »
    Yes lol sorry I was watching The Firm (the film) and that is one of the characters.

Haha, no problem :) I was racking my brains trying to think who Kazinsky might have been and why I didn't remember them!
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep.

Not sure what to make of this season of Glee so far. I quite like the McKinley/NY split, but it doesn't really feel even enough so far. I think I'd rather they split the episodes almost in two, but it's not really working that way. The Britney episode was not a classic (and neither was the first they did), while Britney does have a good enough back catelogue for one tribute episode, two is stretching it, though Artie did make that point. Secondly, the use of Brittany S.Pierce is becoming a little overwhelming, being a major figure in both episodes two and three. I always felt Brittany works so much better as a "one-liner" character as she was throughout the first two seasons, because she's great at delivering those surreal jokes, but it loses too much impact when she's expanded so much. And they've used that school president storyline too many times. What I did love about Britney 2.0 was the Marley and Jake blossoming relationship - I'm loving these two. And Everytime was excellent.

Makeover was ... Ok. The songs weren't the best, and i've never really liked Sarah Jessica Parker, so the Vogue scenes weren't the strong point. Sue and Will's scenes were probably my favourite, and even though they've dumbed Sam down (and who would have thought that was possible?) he's such a great character.

The Break Up was probably the least funny episode they have done, with the only bit of comedy coming from the ridiculous Left Behind segment which wasn't even funny. As much as I think Jake and Marley have a massive Glee future, Kitty is not good at all, though I guess she kind of has to be there. Kurt/Blaine and Brittany/Santana break ups probably had to happen, and at least the seeds had been sewn of this happening over a few episodes. Not happy about the Finchel split, mostly because I dislike Brody, but some fantastic acting from Cory and Lea in the final moments made the storyline convicing. Hammering in an argument between Will and Emma seemed a bit too much, but The Scientist was such a good closing moment, i'm allowing it. One great thing to come out of the episode - Grease. Got to be Jake and Marley as the leads!
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's pretty but hotter than Quinn and Santana? Not a chance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like the new Finn, and even though the rivalry between him and Puck 2.0 is inevitable it does seem too repetitive.

Still not liking Kitty. Just vile.

And how annoying that they've released Gleese EP but still not put out one for Saturday Night Gleever.
  • Anti StaticAnti Static Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    I have to admit to rather enjoying tonight's episode quite a lot even though it did go a bit OTT on the Finn worship. The songs were enjoyable and I did find myself instantly liking Ryder despite the fact it's obvious he's just going to be a total carbon copy of Finn. I did like Blake Jenner in the Glee Project so maybe that helped.

I think my favourite song this week was Jake and Kitty's version of Everybody Talks, and even though I'm a Blaine fan, I have to say that my least favourite was his rendition of Hopelessly Devoted To You. I also wasn't quite sure if his moping was meant to be taken seriously or not. I decided not after Artie made his quip about never having seen Blaine being so Masterpiece Theatre before. :p

Sue aiming her venom at Unique was an interesting development and gave Wade a good scene with Finn in the library. It actually made me warm to Wade a little bit more this week. The confrontation between Sue and Finn in Figgin's office was weird though; and was it just me or did anyone else think that scene was cut? Finn seemed to be only halfway through his sentence when it abruptly ended! :confused:

Kitty's still too much of a panto villain for me and I really wish Marley would get rid of the flat cap. It does nothing for her. I'm not bothered about Mr Schue disappearing for three months and I didn't even realise there had been no NY scenes until quite near the end so I obviously hadn't missed them.

Is it the Grease episode next week?