Options

Masterchef Australia Season 8 (UK Pace - Please No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    cikacika Posts: 3,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Home & Health which is channel 240 on Sky. It's on at 1pm. They showed series 1 before, when the last new series was on W, looks like they don't have any other seasons to roll out

And 284 on Virgin.

The schedule is a bit crowded at the moment, isn't it? :D I'm mostly recording the following morning's MCA until MKR is over.

That immunity challenge chef was certainly underwhelming - I hope it was meant to be a starter not a main meal.

First team challenge tonight, not that I can watch it until tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to seeing who's going to be the one who always knows best and can't take orders, who the rabbit in the headlights is and who gets their head down and gets on with it. I hope that Jimmy and Theresa aren't on the same team, I'd expect him to be constantly 'supporting' her if they are.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Blokee wrote: »
    I really liked the fact the guest chef now can't even see the ingredients until they get to start cooking. I always thought that 15 odd minutes was a real help as they could plan their meal in their head. It brings it slightly more even for me in terms of chances for a contestant to win.

completely agree, i didn't think the 15 minutes was much of an advantage before when as you say the guest chef could plan everything during that time

much better now
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    I forgot how much I hate MPW, I forgot how much I hate MPW, I forgot how much I hate MPW, I forgot how much I hate MPW
  • Options
    Raye1774Raye1774 Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    I forgot how much I hate MPW, I forgot how much I hate MPW, I forgot how much I hate MPW, I forgot how much I hate MPW

I rate him on about the same level as Marcus Wareing...neither of them are preferred viewing. We've only another couple of nights (though tomorrow is 2 hours).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Raye1774 wrote: »
    I rate him on about the same level as Marcus Wareing...neither of them are preferred viewing. We've only another couple of nights (though tomorrow is 2 hours).

I would take Marcus any day of the week over this pompous fool
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes RFS! Yes RFS! Yes RFS!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would take Marcus any day of the week over this pompous fool

I get the feeling that most 'top chefs' are egos on legs. But while they are "artistes" it's still food!

Great, more shouting "Yes Marco, Yes Marco, Yes Marco" tonight it seems, MPW on the pass in a restaurant challenge.
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With you 100%.

He is an unbearably smug, pompous twonk.
  • Options
    Tiger RagTiger Rag Posts: 6,559
    Forum Member
    Does anyone like MPW?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rag wrote: »
    Does anyone like MPW?

Australians appear to?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Australians appear to?

Must be all that time out in the baking sun
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the feeling that most 'top chefs' are egos on legs. But while they are "artistes" it's still food!

Great, more shouting "Yes Marco, Yes Marco, Yes Marco" tonight it seems, MPW on the pass in a restaurant challenge.

I don't think I will be able to bear it.

I already found myself shouting profanities at the TV every time he regaled us with tales from his youth and cod philosophy. Just thinking about it makes me grind my teeth. Gah!

Why no-one has ever smacked him really hard with a large frying pan is an absolute mystery to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Must be all that time out in the baking sun

Or the beers at BBQ...but then if alcohol were a reason then we'd probably like him too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swear I would round on him with a hot pan and hit him about the back of the head if he used that tone of voice with me. He's unbearable.
  • Options
    Angela_DaviesAngela_Davies Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

DITTO!
  • Options
    Angela_DaviesAngela_Davies Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    It don't think I will be able to bear it.

I already found myself shouting profanities at the TV every time he regaled us with tales from his youth and cod philosophy. Just thinking about it makes me grind my teeth. Gah!

Why no-one has ever smacked him really hard with a large frying pan is an absolute mystery to me.

And I'm such a total wimpy pacifist (!)
    The man is an irritation on legs 😫
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he was shouting "where's my fish? Where's my fish? Where's my fish?" And it was literally right there, right in front of him, ready to be sent through to be eaten. Complete cockwomble

And W went back to the random abrupt ad breaks? Usually we get a MCA explosion which follows a build up of real or fake drama, last night was completely random!

Still love it though 😎
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Does anyone like MPW?

I do! He is pompous at times, and the repetition is irritating, but I think he's a really nice bloke behind it all. Much nicer than that **** Ramsay, for instance.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone like MPW?

I love MPW, I love MPW, I love MPW....:p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    I do! He is pompous at times, and the repetition is irritating, but I think he's a really nice bloke behind it all. Much nicer than that **** Ramsay, for instance.
    I love MPW, I love MPW, I love MPW....:p:p

If we all liked the same people/things the world would be a very dull place. I guess it's all down to what people see in someone. Personally I find him just that little bit too much up his own arse (but that's me). I feel the same about Wareing and Oliver! I don't think I have ever seen any Gordon Ramsey cookery programme so can't judge him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we all liked the same people/things the world would be a very dull place. I guess it's all down to what people see in someone. Personally I find him just that little bit too much up his own arse (but that's me). I feel the same about Wareing and Oliver! I don't think I have ever seen any Gordon Ramsey cookery programme so can't judge him.

MPW's autobiography is well woth reading.:)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Devil-kitchen-Marco-Pierre-White/dp/0752881612/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1473423555&sr=1-3&keywords=marco+pierre+white
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Read the reviews and nothing could get me reading a book about him or liking him. He just comes across as unlikable to me, and nothing is going to change my mind...MPW weeks on MCA are the worst, but only one more night :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Wouldn't waste the money even if it was on chip paper.
    I get that top cheffing involves being an ego on steroids, but the fact that they were terrified of telling him they had lost the fish, although I will admit to the tiniest of smirks when he barked at Harry that they had obviously all swum away.

It's just the repetitive nature of his cock-wombleness (to freely steal from someone above) that drives me insane.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read the reviews and nothing could get me reading a book about him or liking him. He just comes across as unlikable to me, and nothing is going to change my mind...MPW weeks on MCA are the worst, but only one more night :D
    Wouldn't waste the money even if it was on chip paper.
    I get that top cheffing involves being an ego on steroids, but the fact that they were terrified of telling him they had lost the fish, although I will admit to the tiniest of smirks when he barked at Harry that they had obviously all swum away.

It's just the repetitive nature of his cock-wombleness (to freely steal from someone above) that drives me insane.

Each to their own.
    I still love MPW.:p

My daughter was in on Wednesday and I just happened to say that MPW was gorgeous when he was younger. She googled him then said, ''I think he looks better now.'':D:D
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm certain that MPW is a nice bloke who means well, but I just can't bear to watch him. I know why he keeps shouting the same thing over and over until someone says YES MARCO, and I understand what he's trying to do when he comes out with his cod philosphy and stories about when he was a young man, but it still annoys the hell out of me and makes him really hard to watch. I ended up turning off last night because it was just too exhausting and irritating to enjoy watching.

I agree that he's much nicer and more well meaning etc etc than Gordon Ramsay. But I don't enjoy watching him. I'd far rather see someone like Shannon Bennett or that bloke who did the snow egg, whose name I've somehow totally forgotten [EDIT: Peter Gilmore?] Or that fabulous lady who's married to another chef who has the same name. Dammit, I can't remember their names!