Options

How I Met Your Mother

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    I really hope the ending when they were doing the "what happened to" That when they got to Barney's brother and he said "And kids this is how I met your father" that he will be the main character in the supposed How I Met Your Dad spinoff
  • Options
    vixj83vixj83 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Caught up last night and absolutely loved it.
    I think Robin and Barney are perfect together. Ted and Robin would not have worked because she really doesn't want kids, and at the end of the day she can't. He still loves her despite this, yes, but he wanted family and that's what he obviously got!
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed last episode esspecially the last scene. I'm not sure if other people like her but I love Patrice I think she is adorable and I loved that scene where she has a radio chat show. "Damnt Patrice I wasn't finished."
  • Options
    vixj83vixj83 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I have a soft spot for Patrice too after 'The Robin'
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    Except, originally that was going to be the plan. Robin would not have been the titular mother, but her and Ted would have eventually been a couple sometime in the future. The show's creators talked about this in an interview which is out there on the internet. Which does make me wonder about how it all ends...

But then what would happen to Barney?
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    But then what would happen to Barney?

A lifetime of playing around (probably).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the theory of future Ted being dead is correct, then could it be the Mother's new husband who is voiced by Bob Saget? It would make sense for her new husband to tell Ted's stories and Ted is the type of guy who would write a journal of his stories
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just sat through an online marathon last night. Can't wait for today's episode to go online. One thing stood out for me though....Ted crying at the Farnhampton inn, in the future.
  • Options
    156418156418 Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the theory of future Ted being dead is correct, then could it be the Mother's new husband who is voiced by Bob Saget? It would make sense for her new husband to tell Ted's stories and Ted is the type of guy who would write a journal of his stories

I seem to remember reading years back that Bob Saget was used as he sorted of sounded what an older Ted would sound like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Just sat through an online marathon last night. Can't wait for today's episode to go online. One thing stood out for me though....Ted crying at the Farnhampton inn, in the future.

*Farhampton....!!!! (I went to Farnham at the weekend, the road signs are still in my head!)
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,312
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »

Yay, about time! :D

I'm looking forward to next weeks episodes, not that bothered about the one airing tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Yay, about time! :D

I'm looking forward to next weeks episodes, not that bothered about the one airing tonight.

I actually really enjoyed all the episodes, including the filler stuff (Bedtime Stories was brilliant!). I love the fact that they're tying up all the loose ends. Can't want for the final either, but I'll be watching with mixed emotions (I've loved this show right from the start, and I know it has to end but I don't want it to :D)
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I've just caught up with the last 13 episodes that I missed and I'm all set for the final 2 episodes! :D

So what's everyone talking about? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the way this thread, started by someone saying they hate it, has turned into a proper discussion involving fans of the show :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    And Marshall too. Two immensely likable characters in my opinion.

Both Barney and Marshall are way more likeable than Ted
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Barney and Marshall are way more likeable than Ted

Not for me! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just watched Episode 22 of Season 9, Thought it was great, shaping up for a nice finale next week which is 1 hour long, think a tear will be shed.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    A question of whether or not they threw in a curve with the ending of Ted saying it was 'legendary'. Earlier in the episode Robin said the word 'legendary' actually was another word for lie.

Next weeks final episode should be brilliant.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leemuir wrote: »
    Just watched Episode 22 of Season 9, Thought it was great, shaping up for a nice finale next week which is 1 hour long, think a tear will be shed.

I really hope so. I kinda want to cry. The finale should always be quite an emotional and fantastic moment. I just hope they don't screw it up. I adored the Friends and Scrubs finales (Scrubs Season 8 that is) so this'll be compared to those for me.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad episode but the purpose was really just to get the wedding out of the way (Finally! It feels like we've been here for 2 seasons) before the grand finale next week.

The problem with TV weddings is that there are always a load of people who should be there but aren't because they can't get everyone together at the same time and there is only so much you can do with green screens. For example, what happened to Robin's cute sister? She was around a few episodes ago but then vanished.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Not a bad episode but the purpose was really just to get the wedding out of the way (Finally! It feels like we've been here for 2 seasons) before the grand finale next week.

Or since the first episode of season 6 when they introduced the wedding!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    A question of whether or not they threw in a curve with the ending of Ted saying it was 'legendary'. Earlier in the episode Robin said the word 'legendary' actually was another word for lie.

Next weeks final episode should be brilliant.

That's what I was thinking when Ted said legendary.

Really enjoyed the penultimate episode it was brilliant and I cannot wait for the next week season finale but that means it is all over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a question to people on here who is going to be watching how I met your dad pilot episode?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll give it a watch, is there any confirmed cast members?
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leemuir wrote: »
    I'll give it a watch, is there any confirmed cast members?

There have been some cast changes already: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s212/how-i-met-your-mother/news/a560107/how-i-met-your-mother-spinoff-krysta-rodriguez-exits-pilot.html