[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lil_M wrote: »
    This. I am quite sad for her. No one deserves that.

Deserves what? To be sent to jail when they break the law? Justice eh?
  • Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    Deserves what? To be sent to jail when they break the law? Justice eh?

Not exactly the US Govt is whiter than white.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not exactly the US Govt is whiter than white.

It was the severity of the fraud and how long they repeatedly did it that got them their jail time. It was obvious they would both serve some time.
    Like I said earlier though, she'll be out by Christmas 2015.
  • Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the severity of the fraud and how long they repeatedly did it that got them their jail time. It was obvious they would both serve some time.

There is worse being commited by the US govt yet they come down hard on a few small timers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is worse being commited by the US govt yet they come down hard on a few small timers.

The only people to blame here are Joe and Teresa. As sad as it is for the girls, THEY are the ones to blame and it's their fault. Not the judge, not Bravo and not the US government.
    I get that you like Teresa and I do too, but if they ripped you off the way they did other people I suspect your opinion may be slightly different.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This, and unlike my country (Ireland) they seem to be quite serious when it comes to financial crimes. Guarantee here they'd both of gotten off with a slap on the wrist because "God love the kids"

I see its also likely he will be deported post-prison time. Wonder if she'll move to Italy too, she does speak Italian I believe.
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Yes, the only people I feel sorry for here are their children. They shouldn't have to suffer because of their parents mistakes.
    ---

So Teresa will serve her time, then Joe serve his, then I suppose Joe will be deported? Apparently Teresa won't move with him though, as "her and her childrens lives are in the U.S.". Especially seeming all their family is in the States too.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so a divorce then or a ridiculous long distance marriage.

She could totally make the move to Italy into a reality show if she wished, "Teresa does Italy", we could see the hi-jinks and drama of life for Teresa and Joe in their new European homeland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    All I keep being reminded of when thinking about Teresa Guidice, is that famous table flipping moment. Which lets face it, was a defining moment of the entire housewives franchise. Teresa was so angry at Danielle Staub for previous arrests that she attempted to flip a table over her. The rest of the cast treated Danielle so poorly too in the aftermath of the table flip, and sat there lording it over her because they were whiter than white. People in glass houses should check their hands are clean before they start hurling those rocks! The only ones I feel sympathy for in all this is the children, because I don't doubt for a second that their idiotic parents needs to show off and appear to out-do the Jones's of reality TV will backfire on them again. These types never learn.
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I read Teresa doesn't go to prison till January and once she's served her sentence Joe will do his.
  • BlokeypooBlokeypoo Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    Vicki's Brooks has cancer...although a lot of the posters in the DM think he's lying...it's such a comic but has a lot of HW stuff lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2778924/Vicki-Gunvalson-s-ex-boyfriend-Brooks-Ayers-reveals-s-battling-aggressive-fast-moving-stage-three-cancer.html
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    After I returned home from work yesterday, I spent most of the evening refreshing Twitter to hear Teresa's sentencing. I was so surprised by so many people tweeting their support for her. If she was just some regular person away from reality TV they would feel very differently.

Then there were the disgusting trolls who targeted Gia Giudice on there. Who the hell thinks it's ok to send those kind of messages to a 13 year old girl on a tough day for her and her family?

But then you could also argue about what kind of parent would allow their child on Twitter to begin with...
    Forum Member
    After I returned home from work yesterday, I spent most of the evening refreshing Twitter to hear Teresa's sentencing. I was so surprised by so many people tweeting their support for her. If she was just some regular person away from reality TV they would feel very differently.

Then there were the disgusting trolls who targeted Gia Giudice on there. Who the hell thinks it's ok to send those kind of messages to a 13 year old girl on a tough day for her and her family?

But then you could also argue about what kind of parent would allow their child on Twitter to begin with...

The kind that steal and cheat their way into money and are now going to jail for it?
  • XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Tre, Tre, Tre. So, she's off to jail. I hope they do a prison jumpsuit in leopard print!

Honestly though, I actually thought she was maybe going to get a house arrest or something. Juicy was always headed to jail though so that's no surprise. I cant feel bad for them though, and I actually like Tre :blush:, but they did all this to themselves, if you do the crime be willing to serve the time. 15 months of it in her case. How long is she likely to serve though? With these kind of federal crimes you serve most I think don't you? Its not a case of out in half for good behaviour- I don't think anyway.

The true victims in this are those 4 girls :( my heart breaks for them. Its just too sad. They don't deserve any of this and they shouldn't have to suffer because their parents have been idiots. As for the twitter trolls going after Gia? Disgusting. She's 13, they are still her parents and those girls are going to be devastated by this. I feel for them going back to school after this, you know how vile kids can be to each other. Esp at Gia's age, its tough enough without your family issues splashed all over the news and the tabloids :(

As for RHONJ, I'm guessing they will still do Season 7, just without Tre obv. I admit, I cant imagine NJ without Tre, but there's nothing that can be done about that. Id imagine this might have just bought Melissa another season on the show- is it bad that I think there's a part of her that's probs getting, even just a small thrill out of all this trouble with Tre?! I don't for one second buy this happy family situation they are trying to sell us.
  • dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was before this announcement though.
    Also there's surely no way she will be at the reunion after getting jail time. Although this is Bravo we're talking about.

Oh yes she will.....They're taping it this Sunday!

http://uk.eonline.com/news/585196/teresa-giudice-will-film-the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-season-6-reunion
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 7 has already been confirmed, which is why it's no surprise they are filming the reunion so early. They need to get filming underway to catch the lead-up to Tre going to jail - it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to get her to film handing herself in. She definitely needs them $$$ after the judge not discharging the $13,000,000 debt.

I have to say, the little pity that I had for Joe & Tre was gone when they started hiding their assets from the court - THAT was what got them a harsh sentencing. They should be lucky they didn't get longer. That said, I feel terrible for the girls. They didn't ask for this, and certainly didn't want this.

I hope they bring Jac back next season. Kathy & Rosie too. I love seeing those two. They bring it back around to the tight family-orientated feel that NJ used to have. Dina can go, she was only back so Tre could have a friend - I'm so over her acting above the drama too. Amber has been a delight, as has Jim. The Twins have grown on me too.

I was disappointed in Danielle's tweet. She had previously taken the high ground when she was asked to comment. However, she could have said worse - Tre would deserve it after how she treated her.

Miami: Will be back next spring. Alexia, Adriana, Lisa & Marysol are all back full-time and they are still casting for new women. I was hoping Ana & Karent could come back. Karent wont now Joanna has left. Ana could come back because she has some major beef with Marysol. It won't happen though. I hope they either demote or fire Lisa and Marysol, neither bring anything - and I'm tired of hearing how Lisa can't have a baby, even though she's always drinking and getting surgery/botox/fillers.

Atlanta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X90PptmHYZM#t=139

Sorry. I had to. I don't mind Porsha, I just think this role will be a better fit for her because she doesn't have much going on.

Phaedra is a damn mess. Where is that Southern Belle charm and class she prides herself on? Clearly Kenya was talking some truth for her to get so angry.

I've been saying Claudia should have joined since before season 6. She looks like a great addition. I'm so excited to see her bring it to Nene! What happened to Demetria? Was she even in the trailer?

Cynthia is turning up. It seems a little OTT but I'll judge when we see the full thing. Same with Kandi - who I love.

The trailer was a bit underwhelming. Maybe it's because it's really short, or because Atlana trailers are usually so well put together and this is a bit of a mess.
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think we won't be seeing BH until early next year? They're still filming and last season they finished filming in August.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    dillan wrote: »
    Does anyone else think we won't be seeing BH until early next year? They're still filming and last season they finished filming in August.

I'm starting to think that too and it makes me sad.
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    dillan wrote: »

Not necessarily.

They've been in Amsterdam this week filming their annual trip away. I'd imagine they're close to wrapping up the season.

The OC ladies had their trip to Bali back in February and 2 weeks later shots of it ended up in the Season 9 trailer. So who knows? We could be seeing BH Season 5's trailer very soon. OC and BH are both produced by Evolution Media so it's possible.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, with Vanderpump Rules confirmed to be back soon, I'm guessing Beverly Hills will be back aswell. Maybe they'll announce it this week?
    Forum Member
    YES! I'm so happy that it's coming back! Wish ITV or Lifetime would pick it up for the UK!
    Married to Medicine has been renewed for a third season, it has been revealed.

According to The Wrap,
    the show, which airs on Bravo, will start production in the next few weeks. Air dates are yet to be revealed.

It is also unclear which cast members will be returning for the US reality TV show.

Married to Medicine follows the lives of doctors and their families in the Atlanta medical community.

Cast members attempt to balance social circles, careers, and families.

After debuting in 2013, the show has aired two seasons and 30 episodes.
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think RHOA are still filming last year they were still filming while season 6 was on so I hope RHOBH won't get delayed.
  • endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    With regards to RHOA did anyone see Kandi's Instagram where she goes on about not being told anything and being the last to know. Not sure if it's with regards to Porsha or regarding when the show restarts.
  • XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news about Married to Medicine :D I thought it would be coming back anyway, I cant wait for Season 3. It works well airing alongside RHOA.

I just wish Bravo would say something about Miami one way or the other. Its been over a year since they wrapped filming on Season 3 (bar the Reunion) which really isn't a good sign. Though, with Dr Lenny popping up on Don't Be Tardy, and Marysol and Alexia making an appearance on Millionaire Matchmaker it makes me wonder if Bravo are still considering it. Could be nothing though.

I heard the news this week that Miami was coming back, but it turned out to be something of nothing. Alexia, Marysol, Adriana and Lisa were pictured together at Alexia's magazine party, and that's how it all started that the show was coming back, but it wasn't filmed and it seems there is still no word on whether Season 4 will happen or not. The article I read said it "hadn't been cancelled, nor had it been renewed" as of yet anyway. This is where I read it RHOM Season 4? Id watch Season 4, but I'm thinking the show may just be done. It be a shame though, the location is great, and the show looks fantastic. It just hasn't caught on.

I hope Beverly Hills isn't pushed back till Jan. It can still be back in Nov as usual. I'm interested to see what this season will be like. Surely it has to be better than last season?! It doesn't make much difference that they are still filming, as BumbleSquat said, The OC women came back from Bali and a couple weeks later they had some footage in the trailer, there's no reason BH cant do the same. I think production will be wrapping up soon anyway, Id imagine not long after they are back from Amsterdam. I hope we see a trailer soon and get some info on when the show will air. Strangely I think I'm more looking forward to VR coming back- how did that happen?! :p