Options

Nickil- emmerdale

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
Forum Member
✭✭
Poor guy. Hes just lost his wife and none of them are giving him a break. His family should look after the baby for a couple of weeks to help him sort his head out. Let him fo for his long runs. All his family are doing is having a go at him.

Comments

• Options
    Peter KingPeter King Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Nikhil Sharma.

Yeah I wondered this to but his daughter does need him right now. Molly Sharma must be all over the place with Gennie Sharma not being there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know his daughter needs him but when you are grieving like that looking after a baby is hard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All families react differently, there is no right and wrong answer.

I'm sure Brendan or his mum will snap him out of it.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, June Ackland will sort him out:D

And lovely David. His and Nikhil's bromance has been underused.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just keep Jim away!
  • Options
    ferdybookgeekferdybookgeek Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His wife only died a few days ago and his head is all over the place, he's in no fit state to look after Molly.
    I can't believe how horrible Jai and his dad are being, his family should be helping him with Molly for a few weeks until he's not as devastated.
    If he was still acting that way after a few months then I could understand them being frustrated with him but it's not even been a week since Gennie died. Why are they expecting so much from him?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Jesus..... It's only a TV show....
  • Options
    ferdybookgeekferdybookgeek Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, we all realise that - That's why we're discussing the soap on the soap forum.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was irresponsible of them to leave Nikhil alone with Molly, when he's not in his right frame of mind.
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the family should look after Molly at least until after the funeral which he will have to organise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His wife only died a few days ago and his head is all over the place, he's in no fit state to look after Molly.
    I can't believe how horrible Jai and his dad are being, his family should be helping him with Molly for a few weeks until he's not as devastated.
    If he was still acting that way after a few months then I could understand them being frustrated with him but it's not even been a week since Gennie died. Why are they expecting so much from him?!

Exactly.
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes we know that.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,772
    Forum Member
    There are many things that could happen to me that might make me sad and make me grieve. However, none of them could reduce me to a state where they would outweigh responsibility for a child or baby who entirely needed and relied on me being there and being strong for them. I simply have too much strength of character to allow it to happen, difficult though it may be to carry out. I would manage it somehow because I can evaluate situations and see things in some kind of perspective.

Nikhil is showing himself to be weak, unreliable and not the kind of parent that a child could rely on. I don't say this because I am special in any way, but because my parents were like that and made such sacrifices for me even when it was hard to do so and I have taken on such values, hard as it sometimes is to do so. I have a lot of sympathy for Nikhil but when he handed Molly over to Brenda last night, it made me feel sick.
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    There are many things that could happen to me that might make me sad and make me grieve. However, none of them could reduce me to a state where they would outweigh responsibility for a child or baby who entirely needed and relied on me being there and being strong for them. I simply have too much strength of character to allow it to happen, difficult though it may be to carry out. I would manage it somehow because I can evaluate situations and see things in some kind of perspective.

Nikhil is showing himself to be weak, unreliable and not the kind of parent that a child could rely on. I don't say this because I am special in any way, but because my parents were like that and made such sacrifices for me even when it was hard to do so and I have taken on such values, hard as it sometimes is to do so. I have a lot of sympathy for Nikhil but when he handed Molly over to Brenda last night, it made me feel sick.

I suppose nobody can judge Nikhil if they haven't been in his shoes.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    I agree that the family should look after Molly at least until after the funeral which he will have to organise.

I don't think Nkihill will organise the funeral with the state he's in. I think Rishi or Jai will do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »

He isn't weak. He is grieving! Everyone is different.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Gennie was the strong one in that relationship, his soul-mate and she's gone. He just isn't able to bear the grief that he is going through, so is shutting down, and shutting everyone out.

He will sort himself out eventually, he does adore that little girl, and when he is on the other side of this (if he manages to before VietCam bumps him off, if he does) he will hate that he wasn't there for his daughter when she needed him most.

His family need to play their part, and give him the time he needs.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    She was the strong one lol and had to take charge and tell him to kiss her for the first time, Maisie had to take charge as well i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mBAT7uSM0c
  • Options
    evoleevole Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, we all realise that - That's why we're discussing the soap on the soap forum.

Thank you!
  • Options
    bob321bob321 Posts: 444
    Forum Member

Comments like this on a soap forum really are very strange... why are you looking on here?
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has Our Lord got to do with it? and why are you on a soap forum, Freefalling?
  • Options
    RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
  • Options
    RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member

Agree completely. It was the DAY AFTER SHE DIED that Charity was shouting at him. Horrible. I know if I was in his situation I'd need a hell of a lot of help looking after my hyperactive 1 year old.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And lovely David. His and Nikhil's bromance has been underused.

I agree. Nikhil helped David during the 'In me dress!' incident. I think David should be the one who really makes the breakthrough with Nikhil.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree completely. It was the DAY AFTER SHE DIED that Charity was shouting at him. Horrible. I know if I was in his situation I'd need a hell of a lot of help looking after my hyperactive 1 year old.

In Nikhils case though its not that people wouldn't help him with Molly, its his complete lack of interest in her.