Matthew wright - career suicide

I think he has made a big mistake going on this. I really had a lot of respect for him before this - viewed him as articulate, intelligent etc. He now comes across as a real wimp - a sort of Mr Bean character.

I really don't know why he has gone on this. Same with when Nigel Havers and Natalie Appleton went on.

Comments

• jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it wont be career suicide, as he has presented the Wright Stuff since C5, came into being.

But i imagine, he will probably get ribbed, on his show when he returns, you can visage some of the guests on his show, taking the mickey, and will be interesting to see how he responds.

He is my worse celeb in the jungle so far, i thought he was gonna be a hard nosed journalist, but no.

At least he admiited and said, he isnt very manly
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I think he has made a big mistake going on this. I really had a lot of respect for him before this - viewed him as articulate, intelligent etc. He now comes across as a real wimp - a sort of Mr Bean character.

I really don't know why he has gone on this. Same with when Nigel Havers and Natalie Appleton went on.
    Lots of articulate, intelligent people are wimpy. Why wouldn't they be?
  • rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant help but think he is faking it too some extent, (god knows why he would) hes too wise to it all, its very strange! hes not the most butch of men but I never dreamed he was gonna be like this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Lots of articulate, intelligent people are wimpy. Why wouldn't they be?

He's coming across more like a mr bean type wimp.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are hyping himself up on his own show surprisingly.

Daniella Westbrrok said, well at least he got a star. Meaning he isnt a wimp, who will not do tasks.
    Forum Member
    Yes, she was saying he's not like Helen Whatsit in that he does not come back empty-handed like her (so far).
  • NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:o:o:o

OMG I have just realised that he is NOT Jeremy Kyle

I have, up till now, been thinking he was jeremey kyle. i cant believe what a tit I am

he is that geezer from the wright stuff:eek::eek::eek:
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So anyone that's articulate and intelligent can't have phobias then?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Northerly wrote: »

I have, up till now, been thinking he was jeremey kyle. i cant believe what a tit I am

You mistook Matthew Wright for Jeremy Kyle? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    You mistook Matthew Wright for Jeremy Kyle? :D

If Jeremy Kyle ever went in there, he would make it the Jeremy Kyle show, but saying that, i expected Matthew Wright to be like that, but maybe not
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    So anyone that's articulate and intelligent can't have phobias then?

Yes of course they can. I just mean he's coming across as bumbling and mr bean like.
  • NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i watched all of last night thinking he was jeremy kyle

how did i do that?
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You obviously dont know much about Matthew then do you?... I think all of those of us who watch his show quite regularly are not a bit surprised to see the way he has behaved so far!... and indeed expect him to be like that!. That doesn't take away any of his intelligence .......
  • Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is true reality "cringe" tv! For someone so outspoken on this tv show he's such a wimp! He must be getting a big fee cos I can't see any other reason why he'd do the show. His personality is totally unsuited to the show. Oh well, if he doesn't have a mental breakdown first, perhaps he'll start to enjoy the experience. :p But it's rather shocking how wimpy he is. Always imagined him to be made of stronger stuff.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

how did i do that?

Sat there wondering why they were calling him Matthew? Amazing :D
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a hard one to call ... career suicide OP..umm. he has been stuck in a rut with C5 for years, he has done some work for the beeb but nothing really has come from it....

Now ITV obviously chucked him a large sum of money to do it, plus even if he goes out early he gets to live in luxury for a week or two.

Now his show with Dick Madley hosting thinking he is acting and even accused his wife in a nice why that she was playing along. The thing is I have watched him eat three wee old sarnies and other vile stuff I dont think that will faze him tonight... but spiders and creepy crawlies yes.. they would me too.

Matt is a very bright man, I cant see him doing this without thinking about it deeply, I think just more people knowing who he is will help his show or is his show in danger and thats why he is doing it? He would of been better off in BB but that would of been the easier root and a show he hates.

we will see
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Jeremy Kyle ever went in there, he would make it the Jeremy Kyle show, but saying that, i expected Matthew Wright to be like that, but maybe not

It could never be mistaken for the JK show. The other contestants have far too many teeth LOL!

JK's contestants couldn't make up one good set between them half of the time :D

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    It could never be mistaken for the JK show. The other contestants have far too many teeth LOL!

True very true
    Forum Member
    BlueStreak wrote: »

And they're much scarier than anything you'd encounter in the jungle.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

how did i do that?

Oh he would LOVE that :eek::D:D
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoffmister wrote: »
    This is a hard one to call ... career suicide OP..umm. he has been stuck in a rut with C5 for years...
    I agree. His career seems to have stalled a decade ago.

He's probably hoping for anything that comes off the back of his IACGMOOH appearance.:p
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys, the Jeremy Kyle comments have brightened my morning:D
    Wrighty hates him, how ironic. We can all see who will get all the trials unless the silly man pulls himself together. Is this all just for effect and maximum exposure ?;)
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im just waiting for him to settle in camp and something will happen with him in an argument.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No doubt Matthew Wright will be overjoyed that you thought that he was Jeremy Kyle.:D

If you regularly watch The Wright Stuff you'll see the humour in this.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how doing this could be seen as career suicide for him.
    I don't see how it has any bearing on how effective he is at doing his normal TV work.