Options

What has annoyed you today?

November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
Forum Member
I had an interview today at a local cinema and I was asked to bring a passport/driving licence, NI card and a recent bank statement. The first two, no problem. As for a bank statement I stopped getting those in paper form a while back because I see them as unnecessary clutter (I do all my banking online).

The last one I had was from a year ago which I wouldn't have thought would be recent enough. However I was still getting my credit card statements until recently and I found one from November so I thought I would take that instead. As far as I was concerned the purpose of all this documentation was for identity purposes, and I thought a credit card statement would be just as good as a bank statement, especially as the CC in question is from my bank. I also seem to recall being told either on the phone or in an email that I could bring any other paper form of documentation as long as it had my name and address on it, if I didn't have a bank statement to hand. I guess I was getting confused with something else.

Anyway I showed up with all my bits and pieces and I was told without a bank statement they couldn't legally proceed the interview as they would need my bank details for the pay roll. What's that all about? What need could they possibly have for those details unless they're actually going to take me on? I said I had my debit card on me and I even offered to nip to my bank across the road for a statement but apparently the interviewer was about to finish for the day and they still couldn't accept my bank details without a statement. They said they would call me back to rearrange the interview but whether they do or not remains to be seen.

Not their fault I guess if that's the law but it still seems stupid. I would have thought they would deal with all that if and when they offered me the job. And here was me thinking it was all for identity purposes. I felt like such an idiot.

What pissed you off today?

Comments

• Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More to the point, what hasn't pissed me off today?:D
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing. I have had two weeks of calm. I usually get het up by work, colleagues and commuting but although the annoyances are still there, I have changed the way I react to them. I did this because I realised I was becoming a moany bore at home, and it was making me a bit ill.

Sorry you had a bad day. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better one.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    That neither Tesco or Morrisons had any Stottie breads in stock.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    My really bad toothache, thanks to a very unexpected fine pay out of almost £600 a few weeks ago I have to wait until I get paid at the end of the month to have it removed. It's been bearable until yesterday when it cranked up the notch to pain level 10 :,(
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    My really bad toothache, thanks to a very unexpected fine pay out of almost £600 a few weeks ago I have to wait until I get paid at the end of the month to have it removed. It's been bearable until yesterday when it cranked up the notch to pain level 10 :,(
    it could be an abscess, see your doctor in the meantime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Justin Bieber and his stupid dad.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That about 50% of the time I arrive here on DS the page stalls on something called similar to "optimized by rubicon" which is probably it going to find a suitable ad, but then it just gets stuck.
    It also stalls on "waiting for r2ace.advertising.com" while loading DS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it could be an abscess, see your doctor in the meantime.

Oh no I know what it is, I needed to decided between a root canal or a extraction, I chose the extraction but now I can't afford it for a few weeks.

It was badly decayed and then my tooth just crumbled in half.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    The engine light going on in my car.

Grrrrrr. >:(
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Oh no I know what it is, I needed to decided between a root canal or a extraction, I chose the extraction but now I can't afford it for a few weeks.

if the pain is getting worse then there`s every chance it`s infected now, especially as it`s effectively open. i hope it clears up soon, toothache is thoroughly miserable.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had an interview today at a local cinema and I was asked to bring a passport/driving licence, NI card and a recent bank statement. ......

The Passport / NI card, fair enough. Quite legitimate.

But why the hell should you show them your bank statement at an interview. Maybe after you've been offered and accepted the job, so that they can make sure they pay your wages to the right account. But what other possible justification can there be for that ?
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grown men acting petty. It's incredibly unappealing. Dropping my mixing dish on my big toe. It's now turned black and not due to hair dye. Running out of milk, I do not want to go back outside :(
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scottish Power. *******.
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ow! Toothache is one of the worst pains :(

Surely in an emergency they can't leave you in agony?
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    The Passport / NI card, fair enough. Quite legitimate.

But why the hell should you show them your bank statement at an interview. Maybe after you've been offered and accepted the job, so that they can make sure they pay your wages to the right account. But what other possible justification can there be for that ?

That's what I don't get. It doesn't make any sense to me. I've never had this at any other interview. :confused:
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that there was only one table at the place where I had my lunch. Possibly because the previous people hadn't cleared up after themselves. Perhaps they were too lazy to pick it up and put it in the rubbish bin that was on the other side of the walkway from the table.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ow! Toothache is one of the worst pains :(

Surely in an emergency they can't leave you in agony?

Apparently popping paracetamol for a week should be ok until I get seen next Saturday. My boyfriend gets part of his student loan and said I can take some money from that and get it seen too so hopefully I'll only have to get through this weekend.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    My annoyance was to receive an EDF bill a month early, just because I called to ask how much my bill was, due to having a new system installed, and wanting to know how much it stood at.

I had to give a reading to get it and now they've sent a bill after 2 months, and not the usual quarterly.
  • Options
    MmmbopMmmbop Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rory getting arrested on Gilmore Girls. Silly, silly girl.

Other than that, nothing! Ticked a couple of things off my to-do list so been a decent day.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noisy disruptive people. Trying to get into the packaging of something I got in the post when I got home - it was pretty small but the bag it came in was massive, full of different layers. It was like something out of an endurance task, trying to figure out how to get to the item inside!.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Oooh ^ 6666 coming up with your next post! (2 posts up)
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I got an electric shock off my kitchen light switch which made me spill my coffee.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Nothing. I usually get het up by work colleagues

same here..they are all bitches in the office, back stabbing and gossip mongers ^_^

there is this one woman in admin that i never liked, as she is the one who back lashes about me and others to those in the office..We have had words and she can be a moody so and so..She tells me ''if i carry on she will take it further'', and that she has told the team manager she was having words with me ^_^..I have to go in office to sign in and she is sat there on her fat lard backside , she says hello/hi..but i try to blank her..Things have settled down between us but she is still a backstabber gossiper..she makes me look small and belittles me when my back is turned..i go back into the office now when she had left /finished work, and do the office and i do try to avoid her :kitty:..she is in 60's too so you would have thought she would act her age..hopefully soon the wicked cow will retire :D
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The weather. It's way too cold.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark ****ing Hughes.