Options

Linda and Whitney Eastenders

Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
Forum Member
✭✭
Is Linda Aware that Whitney was abused by Tony.? Eastenders could have Some very good scenes where Whitney and Linda bond over This, given Linda's rape ordeal by Dean?.

Comments

• Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's plenty people who have shared similar experiences as well as whitney, Stacey Kat and Ronnie have all also been raped. Mick could speak to Billy who has been through the same thing when his wife Little Mo was raped. And Lee and Nancy could speak to Ian he was a similar age to them when his mother Kathy was raped.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true, just thought of Linda and Whitney because Whitney is dating Lee currently :).
  • Options
    sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would people be discussing such intimate things with their 'mother -in -law ...doubt it....
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I think with Whitney being practically family they could have some interesting scenes. Kellie and Shona are both excellent at emotional scenes.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately Whitney barely gets a look-in these days. She's lucky to get a small scene in the Vic or anywhere else for that matter. The Vic wallpaper gets more scenes than her. :D
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I have a question as I have not kept up to date , how are the Carters nearly family with Whitney ?
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's plenty people who have shared similar experiences as well as whitney, Stacey Kat and Ronnie have all also been raped. Mick could speak to Billy who has been through the same thing when his wife Little Mo was raped. And Lee and Nancy could speak to Ian he was a similar age to them when his mother Kathy was raped.
    Billy is the last person Mick should talk to!!! This situation is very similar to Little Mo with the pregnancy, in the end it split them up!
    Is Linda Aware that Whitney was abused by Tony.? Eastenders could have Some very good scenes where Whitney and Linda bond over This, given Linda's rape ordeal by Dean?.

I don't think its something that they'd bond over to be fair.
    asyousay wrote: »
    I have a question as I have not kept up to date , how are the Carters nearly family with Whitney ?

Whit is Lee, Linda's sons girlfriends

I think Whitney fits in very well in the Carter family
  • Options
    eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking we'd see snippets like this over the next couple of weeks. Ronnie's down for awhile of course and Stacey and Linda have been talking about it for awhile, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Whitney/Linda heart to heart today. Whitney may even just reach out and tell Linda she's there if she needs to talk to someone. One of the webcam lines for next week has Kat saying something to Dean about being a perv, so Kat seems to sympathize with Linda. And several of the men on the Square - Billy, Alfie, Charlie (if he knows what happened to Ronnie), and Phil (he tracked down James Wilmot-Brown after Kathy started having nightmares) have all had partners who have been sexually assaulted. I think for the most part Linda and Mick are going to have a lot of support in the Square.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »

Whit is Lee, Linda's sons girlfriends

I think Whitney fits in very well in the Carter family

Thanks , I did not know the relationship was that full on . I figured there was a deeper connection between the family's :)
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »
    Thanks , I did not know the relationship was that full on . I figured there was a deeper connection between the family's :)

She was also Johnny's best friend and Linda had a soft spot for her even then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    She was also Johnny's best friend and Linda had a soft spot for her even then.

Thanks again :)

I have only start to watch again after a few years at Christmas so I'm out of the loop /
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact they have both been raped, isn't enough reason for why these two characters should suddenly communicate more.

I knew two girls at school who both lost their mothers and ended up in the foster system, but they couldn't stand each other and their similar backgrounds was never enough to make them suddenly confide in one another.
  • Options
    JH84JH84 Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    The fact they have both been raped, isn't enough reason for why these two characters should suddenly communicate more.

I knew two girls at school who both lost their mothers and ended up in the foster system, but they couldn't stand each other and their similar backgrounds was never enough to make them suddenly confide in one another.

I get what you mean, but Linda and Whitney already get along? So when you speak to someone and spend time with a family, you'd be there for them, more so when you understand what they've been through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JH84 wrote: »
    I get what you mean, but Linda and Whitney already get along? So when you speak to someone and spend time with a family, you'd be there for them, more so when you understand what they've been through.

Exactly
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JH84 wrote: »

It's difficult to know Whitney and Linda's relationship, due to a lack of Whitney over the months. She might be dating Lee but she rarely talks or shares scenes with any other carters.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets face it if Linda wanted to talk to someone about being raped she wouldn't be short of offers...Stacey, Kat, Whitney, Ronnie could all give her some advice on the matter.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Whitney did seem to pick up on something last night, and she was one of the first to follow Shirley and Dean outside. I think we could get some scenes with her and Linda tonight, or at least she'll definitely believe her and make sure others, like Carol, do too.
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike both characters so hopefully if they do bond it will be behind the scenes :p