Service Charge in Restaurants

15678911»

Comments

• TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moony wrote: »

So Wetherspoons is a type of restaurant, or pub? It almost looks like a sports bar. And they serve "real ale"!!:)

I couldn't open the second link but is that like a list of recommended restaurants?
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TxBelle wrote: »
    So Wetherspoons is a type of restaurant, or pub? It almost looks like a sports bar. And they serve "real ale"!!:)

I couldn't open the second link but is that like a list of recommended restaurants?

Yes and yes - they are at kinda opposite ends of the food spectrum so to speak.
  • TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moony wrote: »
    Yes and yes - they are at kinda opposite ends of the food spectrum so to speak.

If I ever make to the UK, I will definitely check it out. Can't beat the serving of real ale. Gotta try some of that for sure!

Thanks Moony...:)
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    TxBelle wrote: »
    I can't answer for batwing, but i will answer for myself. The service isn't more important but its JUST as important. If service is poor and unfriendly Im not going to waste my money on a restaurant that could care less if Im there or not.
    There are too many others places to go and will appreciate my patronage.

For me its more food than service. I always pick a place to eat out based on the food rather than the service. I can put up with the poor service, but poor food will spoil the evening.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I was at a restaurant and it said on the menu that service charge was not provided and that if you like your service pay them but if you did not then do not pay them. I was angry by this because it is like they are forced to pay unless you hated the service, what if you could not afford it ?