Richard lll : The King in the Carpark C4 Monday

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So let's make things up to fit the story. The dates were completely wrong but let's say he ate lots of fish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuck another ad break in. Valuable advertising space :rolleyes:
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    19Nick68 wrote: »
    I like Phillipa, a British eccentric who did a bit of research, raised some cash, dug up a council car park and found a king.

With her dying breathe she will know she achieved her lifes aim. Not many of us can say that.

agreed i think the producers who edited this have done a shit job, they CHOSE to edit it in this bizarre manner
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    So let's make things up to fit the story. The dates were completely wrong but let's say he ate lots of fish.

I eat a tin of tuna a day and even though i'm 80 I still get mistaken for a member of One Direction

Also if they are saying he was a queen, then he will have moisturised every day
  • SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    19Nick68 wrote: »
    I like Phillipa, a British eccentric who did a bit of research, raised some cash, dug up a council car park and found a king.

With her dying breathe she will know she achieved her lifes aim. Not many of us can say that.

Absolutely.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to wonder what the BBC would have done with the same opportunity to exclusively follow the dig. Perhaps Michael Wood or Dan Snow giving us some real historical information instead of the over dramatised style of this one.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    You have to wonder what the BBC would have done with the same opportunity to exclusively follow the dig. Perhaps Michael Wood or Dan Snow giving us some real historical information instead of the over dramatised style of this one.

would love to have seen michael wood do this
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The dates were not 'wrong'............there is always a wide span............they cannot date to specific years.
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm disappointed. Radio Times bills this as a Time Team Special with a photo of Tony Robinson. Never been near Time Team.:(
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »

....or Louis theroux.....;)
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member

Just be thankful it wasn't Tony Robinson and crew
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    This is unintentionally hilarious, for all the wrong reasons , sad really
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly what I said earlier. This C4 programme is shameful and Leicester uni should have vetoed it
  • Friday's childFriday's child Posts: 100
    Forum Member

Well, I am enjoying this, but keep wishing Professor Sue Black and her team had been put in charge - with Michael Wood introducing it.
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God, this is a shambles but it has been worth it for the gags on here - I've been killing myself laughing and I am actually a Ricardian apologist!

But this whole thing hasn't done Richard III any favours, .. shame.
  • ExistentialistExistentialist Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Jo woman looks like a saucy minx.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, he would've been great.

I appreciate that mi'lady is passionate about 'her' Richard, but the balance of this programme seems all skewed.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,831
    Forum Member
    All joking in this thread aside I can't wait to see the facial reconstruction to see if there is any resemblance to the portrait.
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Genuinely lolled :D
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not only Richard who is off his horse!
  • QueenMaudeQueenMaude Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You lot are so negative, this is a great achievement for Phillipa, no one thought it would happen but she stuck with this for years and now its paid off. I am sure through all her studying him, she feels some kind of bond with his story. I think its a great discovery, but then I would say that I studied history for my masters :p
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a direct descendant of Edward I (19th great-grandfather)...and my 13th great-grandmother is Elizabeth Woodville who married King Edward IV...does my DNA count at all in this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A very small entrance wound... not quite as big as this one!!!