Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dumbass lol read again!!!

Like Wagner???...
  • Options
    ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didnt watch when Wagner was about I aint no fan of jokes acts kid, just sayin Stevi might be gaining momentum. Who knows tbh ahyways!
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt watch when Wagner was about I aint no fan of jokes acts kid, just sayin Stevi might be gaining momentum. Who knows tbh ahyways!

Didn't watch series 7...???...I hate joke acts...but I think Stevi's time has almost ran out...competition is getting way too close for the real contenders...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't watch series 7...???...I hate joke acts...but I think Stevi's time has almost ran out...
    Nope only care for this show because apparently it was about singing. Lol its really notabout singing anymore, so nah my interest in this show has been lalalaalla same I dont really care for the joke acts, but Stevi is cool, hey Xfactor clearly is not about talent. If it was then Paul would still be in the comp. And yes its kinda obvious Stevi is the fave to go next.. but there is always that hmmm factor... just how many votes is he actually getting? We will see tomoz I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope only care for this show because apparently it was about singing. Lol its really notabout singing anymore, so nah my interest in this show has been lalalaalla same I dont really care for the joke acts, but Stevi is cool, hey Xfactor clearly is not about talent. If it was then Paul would still be in the comp. And yes its kinda obvious Stevi is the fave to go next.. but there is always that hmmm factor... just how many votes is he actually getting? We will see tomoz I guess.

Paul was railroaded big time... With awful song choices and awful comments to make him look miserable... But in honesty...singing is only part having the x factor... Its the voice plus other things...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul was railroaded big time... With awful song choices and awful comments to make him look miserable... But in honesty...singing is only part having the x factor... Its the voice plus other things...
    So true, and when i discovered that I really lost interest, its funny how Cowell still tries to claim its about singing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So true, and when i discovered that I really lost interest, its funny how Cowell still tries to claim its about singing!

Its not...its to find a successful mainstream pop artist...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not...its to find a successful mainstream pop artist...
    Certainly is, TBH im more with the rage against the machine people, though I started out about as mainstream as you can imagine. Anyways time for bed! Take care!
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know...but they see it a bit differently than me...we don't all have the same interpretation of the same things...tbh, the top 5 are pretty close for different reasons...

Well, the difference between you and the bookies is quite simple. The bookies don't have any bias in its odds calculations. Simples really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the difference between you and the bookies is quite simple. The bookies don't have any bias in its odds calculations. Simples really.

What calculations...???...there are no "numbers" really...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What calculations...???...there are no "numbers" really...

It's based on a CART probability model. I'm a statistician please don't challenge me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's based on a CART probability model. I'm a statistician please don't challenge me.

I won't...but all Im saying is I disagree and I have my reasons why, everyone seems to be challenging my opinion with oddsmaker and what not...am I not allowed to disagree with the odds... And I don't know how odds work anyways...if I'm wrong and odds are right, then I'm wrong...no biggie... If I'm right...then I'm right
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't...but all Im saying is I disagree and I have my reasons why, everyone seems to be challenging my opinion with oddsmaker and what not...am I not allowed to disagree with the odds... And I don't know how odds work anyways...if I'm wrong and odds are right, then I'm wrong...no biggie... If I'm right...then I'm right

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I'm not even saying the models that betting houses use are right! In fact I know that cos I build these bloody models.:D

All I'm saying is that the bookies don't take into account of bias, it is what the mathematics tell them, unlike posters on DS, who obviously have their own favourites, so inevitable bias would come into play.
  • Options
    SCUSASCUSA Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree. I think Ben has one of the best recording voices... similar to James Morrison.
  • Options
    JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any aspiring Rock singer would do well to steer clear of X Factor UK. This is a programme produced by people who thought it was quite ok for a girl band to sing a Kesha song during 'Rock' week.

X Factor is a mainstream, pop culture show, that's what it's audience wants, and in the UK there's not much crossover between that and Rock. If someone like Ben was to win where would he fit with Syco and the demographic that might buy his records? He hasn't got a cats chance in hell of winning as a Rock singer and would have done himself much better by looking for a gig with a half decent band.

IMHO none of the others have been pushed 'out of their comfort zone' as firmly as Ben. The X Factor machine will either dilute him down and smooth him off to suit it's needs or spit him out.

In many ways the OP is right, but not for the reasons stated. Mr Cowell saw a nice looking, amenable guy that could possibly be forced into the X Factor mould and make a bit of money for Mr C's bank account as long as he could be moulded into a suitable product.

I like Ben and I wish he hadn't made this choice but he's now being churned through the Syco contestant modifier and win or lose, he's basically stuffed >:(
  • Options
    karenc3karenc3 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I like Ben's voice, and thought he did ok tonight. Maybe not the best song for him but I thought he did what he could with it.

The thing I like about Ben is his voice and performances. He's my favorite this year, and if I could vote for him I would.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SCUSA wrote: »
    I disagree. I think Ben has one of the best recording voices... similar to James Morrison.

I agree. I thought Ben was by far the strongest act going into the lives but think the song choices have let him down.
    He's capable of so much more than the power ballads and dull dirges are showing us
  • Options
    IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree. I thought Ben was by far the strongest act going into the lives but think the song choices have let him down.
    He's capable of so much more than the power ballads and dull dirges are showing us

Best example was Queen vs Jackson week, Ben would have owned something like Seven Seas of Rhye but gets given Man in the Mirror.
    Although Ben changed his movie week song to the overplayed aerosmith song he'd originally been given Unchained Melody by Cowell which would have been an worse choice than last night's song.

Either Cowell is deliberately throwing Ben under a bus to allow acts like SK to get further or he doesn't know what to do with him because Ben doesn't meet Cowell's mainstream expertise. Either way if Ben doesn't tell Cowell to do one and start choosing his own songs then his days are numbered.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Competent singer, no personality, no musical direction and boring.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best example was Queen vs Jackson week, Ben would have owned something like Seven Seas of Rhye but gets given Man in the Mirror.
    Although Ben changed his movie week song to the overplayed aerosmith song he'd originally been given Unchained Melody by Cowell which would have been an worse choice than last night's song.

Either Cowell is deliberately throwing Ben under a bus to allow acts like SK to get further or he doesn't know what to do with him because Ben doesn't meet Cowell's mainstream expertise. Either way if Ben doesn't tell Cowell to do one and start choosing his own songs then his days are numbered.

I agree. For someone in the music industry, Cowells knowledge seems to be remarkably limited and he appears to have no idea how to manage someone who doesn't fit into his narrow, mainstream boxes.

Ben really needs to start speaking up and giving his own song choices or else he's doomed to releasing an album of dull power ballads for mothers day
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    have barely watched any of x factor this year.... too busy working and lost interest a bit... but wandered in for a look as caught a few minutes last night and was

a/ gobsmacked stevi was there. didn't even realise he'd got to lives
    b/ scared sh*tless at his egyptian act (wagner lives!)

haven't seen that much of Ben but interested , so googled a few performances and he looked good at the beginning but very wtf song choices now

He really reminded me of matt cardle and so he would be better off *not* winning and getting a deal elsewhere!
  • Options
    slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member

I agree with the BIB
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Ben's beloved girlfriend been removed? She hasn't been in the VT for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    its just jeref as usual talking down anyone he sees as a threat to the "chosen one"

Stop picking on Jeref! I see you constantly doing this... there's no need to comment on other forum members. Comment on the acts.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SCUSA wrote: »

Not for me - I'm usually a fan of gravelly voices, but there's no light and shade in him and when he hits a flat note (which he often does) it's very harsh on the ears.