Options

Christine Bleakely - Nasty cow!

Comments

• Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I understand it, British people are from England, Scotland and Wales. It becomes the United Kingdom where Northern Ireland is added. Therefore people from NI are indeed Irish and not British.

However, since I only got a D in my 'O' Level Geography please feel free to correct me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Ouch!!!! :D

No one believes her when she says her age do they? :D

No because she looks nearer to mid 30s.

As far as taking a pop at Jedward goes, a lot of us have done that but to say that they're a disgrace to Ireland is completely OTT. They're not representative of Ireland, they're just two teenagers having some fun.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I understand it, British people are from England, Scotland and Wales. It becomes the United Kingdom where Northern Ireland is added. Therefore people from NI are indeed Irish and not British.

However, since I only got a D in my 'O' Level Geography please feel free to correct me!

Because we use sterling as our currency not the euro.

She's a good Proddie girl from Newtownards, call her Irish and she's have Lampie round to you:p
  • Options
    sodafarlsodafarl Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's British, she's from Newtownards Northern Ireland United Kingdom.
    She's also a protestant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Don't see what the issue is here. They're a couple of annoying tits, who cares what wording she uses to express that opinion.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's from Northern Ireland, which is part of the British Isles.
    Dancing girl has pointed this out too.

You can be from Northern Ireland and have a ROI passport and can be Irish.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    If she's from, that huge Lump of Land, west of Britain, then she's Irish..

North South East West... it's all Ireland, beautiful and green, and I'm sure they're very proud of it.

Me, I'm from Scotland, so I'm Scottish. :)

it's easy...

as for Jedward, seriously, they should come with a Health Warning.. these twins, can damage your mental health. :D
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Apache wrote: »
    Don't see what the issue is here. They're a couple of annoying tits, who cares what wording she uses to express that opinion.

I think the point is, assuming this story is true, it just comes across as nasty. There's no need to make a comment like that. Especially not when she's a grown woman who should know better!

I hope it isn't true, because if it is, it says more about Ms Bleakley than it does about the twins.
  • Options
    sodafarlsodafarl Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Northern Ireland is the only part of the United Kingdom that hasn't got it's own flag, the Ulster flag is the un-official flag since 1973.
    The official flag of Northern Ireland is the Union Flag, this is the only flag my daughter was allowed to put up when she was in the army and stationed in Kosovo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    If she's from, that huge Lump of Land, west of Britain, then she's Irish..

North South East West... it's all Ireland, beautiful and green, and I'm sure they're very proud of it.

Me, I'm from Scotland, so I'm Scottish. :)

it's easy...

as for Jedward, seriously, they should come with a Health Warning.. these twins, can damage your mental health. :D

I'm English essentially but would be classed as British. You can surely be both Irish and British, Scottish and British etc.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can be from Northern Ireland and have a ROI passport and can be Irish.

You can also have a British passport if you want one, not to mention Irish and British driving licences. Technically it is ''The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'' following the establishment of the Irish State in 1922 or just ''Great Britain'' according to the Penguin Encyclopaedia.The Irish represent 2.4% of the UK population.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    I think the point is, assuming this story is true, it just comes across as nasty. There's no need to make a comment like that. Especially not when she's a grown woman who should know better!
    Yes, because adults aren't allowed to express opinions. They're annoying, if she's annoyed at them and wishes to express those feelings of course it'll seem nasty.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,007
    Forum Member
    Christine hissed: "You paint a bad picture of Ireland."

Yet the person reporting this wasn't their and the line "... they didn't know who she was." Looks out of place.

Isn't their manager Louie Walsh?

Let's hope this isn't a paper trying to cause trouble to force an 'EXCLUSIVE' "My love for Frank Lampard."
  • Options
    sally ksally k Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    You can be irish and british the same way you can be welsh and british. EVEN:eek: Ian Paisley called himself an proud irish man on an chatshow last year and before this he said

I would never repudiate the fact that I am an Irishman."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Meanwhile an Irish comedian gives out her phone number on TV?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sally k wrote: »
    You can be irish and british the same way you can be welsh and british.

Jedwood can be embarrassing full stop.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Apache wrote: »
    Yes, because adults aren't allowed to express opinions. They're annoying, if she's annoyed at them and wishes to express those feelings of course it'll seem nasty.

I would expect a grown woman who has aspirations of TV stardom to have the common sense to know when to keep her opinions to herself. There's a lot to be said for behaving with a bit of dignity - and, if she really wants to make it in the TV industry, she needs to learn that walking up to people and insulting them isn't the way to win friends and influance people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I'm sure slagging off the national treasures like John and Edward will really hamper her media career. It's not like she went on stage and called them knobs, nor did she gravely insult a national treasure. Guarantee this sort of stuff goes on all the time backstage at media events but this is only getting reported because John and Edward are the novelty morons of the moment and Christine's the pretty one off the telly getting off with a famous footballer this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    I would expect a grown woman who has aspirations of TV stardom to have the common sense to know when to keep her opinions to herself. There's a lot to be said for behaving with a bit of dignity - and, if she really wants to make it in the TV industry, she needs to learn that walking up to people and insulting them isn't the way to win friends and influance people.

How many times are you aware in her TV career that has spanned more years than Jedward have probably been alive, has she walked up to others and 'hissed' at them something rude?

There's a documentary film doing the rounds showing how easy it is to make up stories and have a newspaper print it.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I personally have never understood the fascination with her, she seems like a dull bimbo to me!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I personally have never understood the fascination with her, she seems like a dull bimbo to me!!

I think many wonder if she's orange all over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know we can't take anything on face value, but if the article is accurate then it really was very nasty. Whatever your opinion on them, for a woman of her age to tell two 18 year olds who she doesn't know that they give their country a bad name is completley uncalled for.

They're just a couple of kids having fun, they've been given an opportunity and they're running with it, and who can blame them, I don't think anyone else would do differently in the same position.

It's one thing to find them irritating and annoying, but to try and paint them as a disgrace to their country is taking things a bit far.

If she did say it then it seems completely uncalled for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    I think many wonder if she's orange all over.

Ha ha...maybee she is this colour - :mad:
  • Options
    OakwoodOakwood Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    It's fair enough to have an opinion on the lads, be it pro or anti, but Christine's comments are just plain daft and nasty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kolakube wrote: »
    I know we can't take anything on face value, but if the article is accurate then it really was very nasty. Whatever your opinion on them, for a woman of her age to tell two 18 year olds who she doesn't know that they give their country a bad name is completley uncalled for.

They're just a couple of kids having fun, they've been given an opportunity and they're running with it, and who can blame them, I don't think anyone else would do differently in the same position.

It's one thing to find them irritating and annoying, but to try and paint them as a disgrace to their country is taking things a bit far.

If she did say it then it seems completely uncalled for.

I agree (I am a fan of Jedward) but at the end of the day, people are giving them the opportunity to appear on tv...eg the NTA's the other night with Vanilla Ice. Now they wouldn't be given that opportunity if people didnt like them. I know many don't, but its the same with all celebs.

At least Jedward have the talent to be entertaining, she just makes me want to rip my eyes out when I see her on TV lol