Options

Black-Eye Friday

tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's that time of year again, when our emergency services are rushed off their feet, hospital admissions for excessive alcohol consumption and assault goes up, along with arrests for assault and being drunk and disorderly. When men come together, such as a fist connecting to a fellow man's chin, as women joyfully dance with their friends, stamping on some poor revellers head in their high heels. When young Xmas revellers awaken with only the vomit on the floor and their bedsheets as a reminder of the night before. The time of year that embodies everything about the Christmas "spirits".

It's the fun, the excitement, the magic of Chr.....

.....Black-Eye Friday.

:D

So, who is off out boxing tonight?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Tyson, how you have captured Newcastles Bigg Market to an absolute T :D

I'm out tonight but I shall be avoiding the Bigg Market like a dose of the clap.
  • Options
    LurkalotLurkalot Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nasty Friday as it's known in the cab trade where I'm from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Tyson, how you have captured Newcastles Bigg Market to an absolute T :D

I'm out tonight but I shall be avoiding the Bigg Market like a dose of the clap.

Haway the Bigg Market isn't that "bad". :D
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Perhaps this story may help you regain your christmas cheer :-

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/anonymous-donors-pay-off-kmart-222535611.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Haway the Bigg Market isn't that "bad". :D

With the finest selection of reprobates, take aways and slaughter houses. I would call them bars but that would be giving them undue credit. Its a glorified grot hole which is a stain on my great city. Level it and start from scratch :D Although we can keep Vault as thats decent but the rest is utter pants. Haha.
  • Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm staying in. Mind you, Mrs S can get a bit lairy when she's had a few.

This is her last Xmas. Poor Uncle Charlie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the finest selection of reprobates, take aways and slaughter houses. I would call them bars but that would be giving them undue credit. Its a glorified grot hole which is a stain on my great city. Level it and start from scratch :D Although we can keep Vault as thats decent but the rest is utter pants. Haha.

Apparently cockroaches can survive a nuclear blast so it's going to take a lot more than levelling it to start again. :p

Haven't been to The Vaults for a while, last time I was in there it was stowed out. It's was probably revellers coming in for a warm. :D
  • Options
    shortyknickersshortyknickers Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D its Mad Friday here and I'll be out seeing a local band in a town centre pub, trying to avoid the worst of the madness :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently cockroaches can survive a nuclear blast so it's going to take a lot more than levelling it to start again. :p

Haven't been to The Vaults for a while, last time I was in there it was stowed out. It's was probably revellers coming in for a warm. :D

Touché :p The Vault is decent now its been done out. Although you still stick the floor in certain places :rolleyes:

No matter how bad it is in the Bigg Market, it's not a scratch on our inbred neighbours down the A19 ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Touché :p The Vault is decent now its been done out. Although you still stick the floor in certain places :rolleyes:

Hehe been to loads of bars and clubs all over the NE that suffered from sticky floors, still do in some places.
    No matter how bad it is in the Bigg Market, it's not a scratch on our inbred neighbours down the A19 ;)

Aye Middlesbrough has the same effect on me. haha ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hexham used to have a nightclub called Donnies which was the worst club i've ever been to with sticky floor syndrome.

Ohhhh the smoggies (a step up from mackems ;)), although I went to Tall Trees a few years ago which wasn't too bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hexham used to have a nightclub called Donnies which was the worst club i've ever been to with sticky floor syndrome.

Ohhhh the smoggies (a step up from mackems ;)), although I went to Tall Trees a few years ago which wasn't too bad.

Haha cheeky sod, since it's Christmas I'll let ya off with that one. But don't do the Smoggies any favours, because they hate you's just about as much as we do. :D

Tall Trees was great back in the day. I recently heard that it was/is closing down. Don't know if it's true. Seen many a scrap or two in there.

Nothing really compares to black eye friday though, can't wait to see the papers tomorrow morning. lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't dare do them any favours, they are on par with you lot :D

I haven't been for a few years but it was going down the pan then.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning, walking through Newcastle and seeing all the people either bloodied from battle or doing the walk of shame, stride of pride and so on. It is going to be fun :)
  • Options
    FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good old Mad Friday - this is the first one I'm not working in 11 years!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't dare do them any favours, they are on par with you lot :D

I haven't been for a few years but it was going down the pan then.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning, walking through Newcastle and seeing all the people either bloodied from battle or doing the walk of shame, stride of pride and so on. It is going to be fun :)

Haha so true. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanielle wrote: »
    Good old Mad Friday - this is the first one I'm not working in 11 years!

The first one where I don't have to run around like a blue arsed fly, I'm even tempted to actually venture out to a pub and take my chances. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first one where I don't have to run around like a blue arsed fly, I'm even tempted to actually venture out to a pub and take my chances. :D

I want a report tomorrow to see how you faired :D
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Black eye Friday ~ wasn't last week "Mad Friday" ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A couple of people have said that but it's the Friday before Christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want a report tomorrow to see how you faired :D

If my fingers are not broken I'll log on. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If my fingers are not broken I'll log on. :D

That's best case scenario of what could happen with you lot down there ;) Just jesting.
  • Options
    FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Black eye Friday ~ wasn't last week "Mad Friday" ?

Apparently because of the way Christmas falls this, we have two Mad Fridays - I don't think anybody really believed it until we got our sales reports through and the news was covered in A&E horror stories!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's best case scenario of what could happen with you lot down there ;) Just jesting.

Ere not happy with the abuse am getting of you like haha. :D Being a Geordie and being literate makes you one of a kind up there. :p

Well thats me logging off til Boxing day at least have a great Xmas chaps. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wey its not abuse Tyson, its character building :D Oh I'm unique up here like.

Have a smashing Christmas mate, I hope your fingers, bones and body aren't mangled after tonight :D
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    minkski wrote: »
    Perhaps this story may help you regain your christmas cheer :-

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/anonymous-donors-pay-off-kmart-222535611.html

Thank you for this link-heart warming for sure.