Options

Poor Sam

hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He's a young lad, and I think he thought he would have a bit of a laugh in there

Who is there, though, to have a laugh with ?

In past big Big Brothers there have always been a few who were up for a bit of fun

Who, in this BB, fits that bill ?

Comments

• Options
    ZentonZenton Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no sympathy for him and his expanding winkie (which i'd imagine has retracted back inside him)

He thought he'd be flirty and barked up the wrong tree with the dreadful Jeremiah and hasnt done anything since.

Id happily see him, Sophie, Dullam and Daley replaced with brand new housemates
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zenton wrote: »
    I have no sympathy for him and his expanding winkie (which i'd imagine has retracted back inside him)

He thought he'd be flirty and barked up the wrong tree with the dreadful Jeremiah and hasnt done anything since.

I was thinking of past BB's where there were always a few lads up for a laugh and a bit of fun

It occurs to me that it isn't so in this BB ... they're all so serious and 'focussed' ... even the so called 'hilarious' ' twins ( who are only 18, afterall, and could be expected to be a bit spontaneous ) are just slothing about eavesdropping like a pair of washer-women

I just don't see where Sam can turn for some youthful exuberance
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    I was thinking of past BB's where there were always a few lads up for a laugh and a bit of fun

It occurs to me that it isn't so in this BB ... they're all so serious and 'focussed' ... even the so called 'hilarious' ' twins ( who are only 18, afterall, and could be expected to be a bit spontaneous ) are just slothing about eavesdropping like a pair of washer-women

sams one of the few HMs who belongs to the ch4 days he would have got on well with someone like maxwell
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So true :D
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Sam and from the clips we see of the HM's having fun he is always involved. I blame the people that make this show, it's become all about bitching and arguments or HM's being over the top. I want to see some fun as well, it can get really depressing watching constant arguments and bitching all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    One of the housemates said he sleeps all the time because he can't cope with the amount of people all talking at once. So it is understandable he is exhausted trying to join in because of that.
    There are plenty of housemates who are not much older than Sam so I don't think it is his age also they all seem to like him. He is just having a quiet week but hopefully he will soon be back on form.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he has been hanging about with Callum and Daley, so obviously he is going to feel a bit depressed :cool:
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 3,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

agree all these are just dead wood and boring
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member

What a typical silly post from a Sam detractor.

Such strong feelings of hard dislike for someone they claim does nothing.

Sam is sure hated for not actually doing anything to be hated for.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont mind Sam but he is obviously not one of the 'favourites' and gets little camera time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah there is virtually no testerone in that house
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think he is just a really poor choice of housemate.

I think producers thought he would be popular with female viewers.

He isn't so they have just edited him out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell give the boy a break he is at the mercy of the editors.The house this year are all worried about public persona personally I think he should win the other hoemates to self obbessed. What happened to enjoying the experience.Gina is doing the tasks for more airtime.She aint in there for the money if she does have money and a magical life why the hell is she in there.The most genuine housemate should go to Sam.......
  • Options
    Pearl NecklacePearl Necklace Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    One of the housemates said he sleeps all the time because he can't cope with the amount of people all talking at once. So it is understandable he is exhausted trying to join in because of that.
    There are plenty of housemates who are not much older than Sam so I don't think it is his age also they all seem to like him. He is just having a quiet week but hopefully he will soon be back on form.

Yes, having deaf family members I know how tired and frustrated they can get in groups of people. Deafness is an 'invisible' disability so I'm pleased the others seem to understand him and not think he's just a grumpy bore, which some people can assume if they 'forget' the disability is there.

He made a massive mistake expanding his winkie at Jemima and lost some fans, but I think he's a nice lad who seems well-like in the house.
  • Options
    PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that Sam gets into the game a bit more. I think he seems like a nice lad but we need to see more of him. It does seem like he is just being himself and is getting left behind the bigger players.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, true, though I guess youthfully exuberant housemates have sometimes been a pain. Last year, for example, it was Arron who was all for youthful exuberance, including exuberantly hiding Deana's possessions. But yes, two more solemn young men than Daley and Callum you could not hope to find. And your description of the twins is brilliant. Jackie has more youthful exuberance than they do.
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Think he is just a really poor choice of housemate.

I think producers thought he would be popular with female viewers.

He isn't so they have just edited him out

But there is often a huge slice of luck in these things. BB5 Stuart, for example, was really no more interesting than Sam, but lucked into being part of a group that entertained people, and also into a romance where he was seen as the nicer party. On his own he would have spent the entire series lying round in a dreamy haze, occasionally saying things like , "yeah".
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Sam. When Charlie/Dex /Callum were assigning descriptions to the hm's when the "Kindest" came up, most of the hm's said SAM, so he must be doing somehting right. I think he has been totally overshadowed by the "big" characters and if BB play fair, he should collect a few new fans.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he gets left behind a bit because a lot of them forget to look at him while they're speaking, so half the time he's not got a clue what's being said or what's happening. I'd imagine that when there are a lot of HM's together that it can be exhausting trying to keep up with the conversation, especially when they all speak at once and some are looking away from him.
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he secretly misses Jemima fawning all over him, the poor lad is a bit lost now.
  • Options
    TGITCTGITC Posts: 2,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam who?
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andy_G wrote: »
    I think he secretly misses Jemima fawning all over him, the poor lad is a bit lost now.

That was his only storyline after all
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    He is a very nice boy, no doubt, but he is so boring!

Problem is that sort of housemates reach to final. It is annoying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Pitman wrote: »
    he has been hanging about with Callum and Daley, so obviously he is going to feel a bit depressed :cool:

I agree :)

I'm thinking a pool may change the dynamics and moods and keep thinking that Sam and Sophie will get close despite their current 'tension'.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 68,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's been a bit of a disappointment so far ....
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    I like Sam, he's ok and the expanding winkie thing was probably a quick witty one-liner he came out with that cracked his mates up so he has played it to death, harmless enough and I agree he has no other fun minded HM's to bounce off so I don't think we are seeing fun Sam sadly :(