Options

little known or well known movie facts

Comments

• Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    At the end of Apollo 13 Jim Lovell (Played by Tom Hanks) is welcomed aboard an aircraft carrier by the captain, played by the real Jim Lovell.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,646
    Forum Member
    When writing Goldfinger, Ian Fleming threatened to change the name Goldfinger to Goldprick.

Censors were worried about the name Pussy Galore until a newspaper published a photo of Honor Blackman and Prince Phillip titled Pussy and The Prince
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    Michael Douglas was the producer of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

And it was originally supposed to be a vehicle for kirk Douglas. Thank Christ it took years to be made as i can't imagine anyone other than jack Nicholson
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member
    clm2071 wrote: »
    When writing Goldfinger, Ian Fleming threatened to change the name Goldfinger to Goldprick.

Censors were worried about the name Pussy Galore until a newspaper published a photo of Honor Blackman and Prince Phillip titled Pussy and The Prince

The film's producers weren't too happy either and were considering changing it, but Honor Blackman forced the issue by appearing on a talk show and freely mentioning it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The film's producers weren't too happy either and were considering changing it, but Honor Blackman forced the issue by appearing on a talk show and freely mentioning it.

I've read that Sean Connery's pronunciation of Pussy helped matters too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally she was supposed to be a Geordie lass called Loadsafanny.

OK, I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally she was supposed to be a Geordie lass called Loadsafanny.

OK, I'll get my coat.

To be fair it wouldn't sound too out of place alongside Octopussy, Plenty O'Toole and Holly Goodhead!
  • Options
    SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair it wouldn't sound too out of place alongside Octopussy, Plenty O'Toole and Holly Goodhead!

Alotta Fagina.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Named after her father, perhaps :)
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Goldprick lmao :D

This should have happened
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't be bothered typing this lot so here they are:
    http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_1404_34-movie-facts-that-sound-like-april-fools-jokes_p2/

The De Niro/Pacino "fact" may be an urban legend.

TBH I can't decide if this whole thing is an April Fool or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    revolver44 wrote: »
    Goldprick lmao :D

This should have happened

I'm not sure how Shirley Bassey would have got her mouth round it 😥
  • Options
    AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    The Godfather, Vito Corleone's real name is Vito Andolini, the change is due to a cock up by US customs officials, proving they were arseholes even at the turn of the 20th century.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Anonandon wrote: »
    The Godfather, Vito Corleone's real name is Vito Andolini, the change is due to a cock up by US customs officials, proving they were arseholes even at the turn of the 20th century.
    I thought that it was common in real life that the officials for whatever reason, not knowing how to spell a name or not being able to understand a person, or even just easier to take the first name and location and put that down on the form?
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anonandon wrote: »

corleone is a place in sicily.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies was originally titled Tomorrow Never Lies but after a typo in an early script it was decided Dies was the better title
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ironjade wrote: »
    The theme song from "You Only Live Twice", performed by Nancy Sinatra, is said to have been assembled from about 30 takes. Supposedly, she was so nervous she kept messing it up.

Tom Jones passed out while recording Thunderball, he held the final high note for so long he fainted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_1404_34-movie-facts-that-sound-like-april-fools-jokes_p2/

I call "bollocks" to the lot of it. For instance, Daniel Day Lewis never grew that soupstrainer in five days.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't think they even met during the filming of the Godfather PtII
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think they even met during the filming of the Godfather PtII

I was thinking that as well - they (obviously!) never share a scene, or even a location.
  • Options
    AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    corleone is a place in sicily.

I know I've lived there. It has a capital letter at the beginning as does Sicily. Mario Puzo was searching for a name for the Godfather and stuck a pin in a map of the island. It landed right next to Corleone, it's pure coincidence that the place was a Mafia stronghold, allegedly.
  • Options
    Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as the mothership rises over devils tower in close encounters, R2 D2 can be seen upside down on the undercarriage of the ship
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how Shirley Bassey would have got her mouth round it 😥

Me neither but what an outtake that would have been :D
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Panic Room originally had Nicole Kidman cast in the role, but she was replaced by Jodie Foster when she broke her rib filming Moulin Rouge. Filming then became delayed when Jodie Foster discovered she was pregnant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Brad Pitt was in Dallas as Jenna Wade's daughters boyfriend :D ( Forgot the kid's name in it)..Charlie i think