The most excited you have been about a game

Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mine was the SNES, buying the Street Fighter 2 pack.

Games that followed, Super Mario Kart, Super Probotector, Zelda A Link to the Past, Super Mario World and Secret of Mana.

No other games or consoles have had the same effect since.

Comments

• DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    The Last Of Us when i first saw it at E3 i just wanted it now and then.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - I remember coming home from school and my mum came upstairs and she just handed me a bag and there it was :D

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Took the day of college to play it :p

GTA San Andreas, GTA 4 and GTA 5

Buying my PS3
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Street Fighter 2 on the Mega Drive with the six button pad. Not really excited now a days as i am an adult.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was younger every game I got I was excited about :D

The only game in recent times I was really excited about playing was Left 4 Dead 2.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new Uncharted always gets me excited, I love em
  • sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BATTLEFRONT REBOOT OMG OMG :eek::eek::eek:

and all that...
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Probably Street Fighter 2 on the Mega Drive with the six button pad. Not really excited now a days as i am an adult.

Same here but mine was the SNES/street fighter pack. Don't get that excited now being an adult.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    Mine was the SNES, buying the Street Fighter 2 pack.

Games that followed, Super Mario Kart, Super Probotector, Zelda A Link to the Past, Super Mario World and Secret of Mana.

No other games or consoles have had the same effect since.

I couldnt sleep the night before I got Super Mario World on the Snes then didnt sleep the following night playing it.

I was excited for Starfox and Zelda as well.

I think beside from GTA series, I would say Metal Gear Solid 4.
    I was so excited to play a next gen metal gear game that I actually took the day off sick to play it when I realised that i the game would be arriving at my home rather than my work address.

Right now I am looking forward to Killzone Shadow Fall / Titan Fall / Watch Dogs but have not been able to get excited for COD Ghosts or Battlefield, seems like more of the same old.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTA San Andreas, I remember going out of work on my dinner to get the new small PS2 bundle :)

Some of the early Broken Sword games to, but most recent was Animal Crossing New leaf, and this year Broken Sword 5 I'm really excited about.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Waiting for my imported Japanese Mega Drive was an exciting time for sure. Tatsujin and Moonwalker, good times! :cool:
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoW Cataclysm. Like, I think I had trouble sleeping the night before because I was so excited :o
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    being able to afford a Jap Snes and mega drive :)
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Waiting for my imported Japanese Mega Drive was an exciting time for sure. Tatsujin and Moonwalker, good times! :cool:

Still got the jap mega drive myself.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Still got the jap mega drive myself.

Can't beat it mate. 16-BIT High Definition Graphics. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scratch my last post....Assetto Corsa is coming to Steam soon :)
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting an import copy of Street Fighter 2 on the SNES.

I even phoned CVG's offices to find out how good it was before the magazine came out.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Toss up for me;

MW2 or ME3 - both coming off the back of brilliant games.

MW2 never quite lived up to CoD4 for me, and ME3, well we'll leave that there I think.....
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bubble Bobble.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bubble Bobble.

Lies! What version?
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember getting very excited about getting Treasure Island Dizzy for Christmas.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GTA: San Andreas. It's the only game I've ever pre-ordered. Normally I'd lie in on a Saturday but nope, I was up and waiting for it to arrive in the post! I think I played it for about 12 hours that first day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    MGS2, I can remember being ridiculously excited when the Official PS2 magazine had the demo of the game, I must've played it through about 30 times before it finally came out!

GTA: Vice City, San Andreas, GTAV.

Halo 3

Half Life 2 (the agonising wait for Steam to properly work was horrendous, but oh so worth it!)

Gears of War (and my new Xbox 360).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I've only really got into gaming since I bought a 360 in 2007. At the time CoD4 and the whole online experience that came with it blew me away, it's up there with my favourite games ever. I fell for all the hype of MW2 and was left disappointed, and the franchise has slowly (or you could say quickly) gone downhill since.

In a similar manner I also fell for the hype of Assassin's Creed 3 after adoring AC2 & ACB, whilst also enjoying Revelations. I actually enjoyed AC3 more than a lot of people going by comments made on the internet, but it did not come close to any of the Ezio trilogy due to a variety of factors. It was enjoyable, but was not deserving of all the hype it had. I was expecting a similar jump in quality as experienced from the original Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed 2. Whilst I'll still get AC4, the series no longer has the 'must purchase on day one' it used to have for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    There's quite a few games i remember getting really excited about but for a series it's been every GTA game. One of my favourate memories has to be Vice City, going through the opening scene, jumping on a scooter and having billy jean start playing. You just knew from that moment on this game was going to be something special.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    I remember getting very excited about getting Treasure Island Dizzy for Christmas.

now there's a blast from the past
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Halo 3