Can I Reserve Item In CEX?

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi, is it possible to reserve an item to buy in-store on CEX online?

Comments

• ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Call them and reserve it
    But CEX is overpriced on everything.

I got The Last of Us on PS4 for £27 when it came out, yesterday CEX are still selling it for £30
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Call them and reserve it
    But CEX is overpriced on everything.

I got The Last of Us on PS4 for £27 when it came out, yesterday CEX are still selling it for £30

I wouldn't say CEX are overpriced on everything, some games are expensive but others are quite cheap. Like GAME, if you know current prices you can find bargains if you look.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I probably over exaggerated by saying everything. I know someone who works for them and he mentions the prices are handed down by head office, but theres no real market research. Considering majority of games are second hand you would expect the prices to be cheaper than buying brand new, unfortunately its just not the case unless the games are over 2 years old.

For the record Game are the absolute worst at prices.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I probably over exaggerated by saying everything. I know someone who works for them and he mentions the prices are handed down by head office, but theres no real market research. Considering majority of games are second hand you would expect the prices to be cheaper than buying brand new, unfortunately its just not the case unless the games are over 2 years old.

For the record Game are the absolute worst at prices.

In terms of pricing, I always thought their pricing was dynamic. In that, let's say they had 10 copies of The Last Of Us at £15, 8 of those copies were sold at £15 within a short period of time. The system would identify that there is a demand, and the price would be increased to reflect the demand?

I'm sure I read that somewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pricing isnt store by store, it may well be an overall performance in the country as a whole which determines the HQ price, but would the demand for a pre-owned TLOU really be £30 when its only £23/24 on Amazon brand new
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pricing isnt store by store, it may well be an overall performance in the country as a whole which determines the HQ price, but would the demand for a pre-owned TLOU really be £30 when its only £23/24 on Amazon brand new

But that is the online price. You have to remember that it is always more the high street and CEX gives you the option to trade in lots of different stuff so you wouldn't always compare like for like.
    I know I don't. If I have stuff to trade in I'll get the game from there if the price is reasonable as I can get it that day. Otherwise I buy online.