Options

Help! - Cannot Play any BBCi Content on Sony BluRay BDVE380

Recently purchased Sony BluRay BDVE380. This has a wired connection to Sky Broadband router - IP 192.168.*.* I have updated Firmware on the BluRay and done a full reset but problem persists.

I can play ALL other On Demand content without issues - eg Demand 5, Sky News, Eurosport.

I can access Internet pages via the Internet Browser on the BluRay player again without issues.

Fault only with iPlayer content on this unit. I can access and navigate the iPlayer menus OK - just can't play!

Where Play button appears and selected, programme doesn't load - player becomes unresponsive and requires powerdown.

Most programmes Play button doesn't appear - error message appears 'Unfortunately this Programme is not Currently Available. BBC iPlayer was Unable to Connect to a Required Server. Please Check Your Network Connection & Try Again'

Player can access all other Network content and I have rebooted both BluRay and broadband router.

Broadband is Sky - details are IP 192.168.*.*, Subnet 255.255.255.0, Gateway 192.168.*.*, Primary DNS 192.168.*.*, Proxy Server Not Used. Speed is ~2.6MB but should still be Ok for SD content asn playing all other providers fine.

Contacted BBC and Sony but not much joy! Are there any issues preventing access to iPlayer content on TVs from the Sky network? iPlayer works fine on a Laptop PC connected to same Broadband router using Chrome/IE.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Am having exact same problem!! Hopefully find a solution soon.

M
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Seems to be working fine on Sony BDP-S370
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Your issue sounds slightly different to mine but if you haven't tried this yet then it's worth a punt!! Just found the following on AVFORUMS.COM posted by Jones The Steam (thank you!!) and it solved my problem!! Hopefully it works for some one else too. Good luck.

OK I just got it working.
    You need to go to
    Internet Browser > Options and set Javascript to Valid

The iPlayer app runs on the web browser that is on the S480 and once I saw that I guessed it must be due to my Javascript being disabled. I just tested a radio broadcast and an HD episode of Merlin and they both worked.

M