Options

RIP Acer Laptop

noise747noise747 Posts: 30,861
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well it have finally died, my Acer Aspire of died in a big style, a bit of a pop and a bit of smoke and that was the end of it.
I have taken it apart to see what is wrong, a bit of burnt stuff on the main board, I knew it was on it's way out as it bee acting very slow the last few day.
i do have a old Celeron based laptop, but it is so slow with windows, so no more testing of windows 10 for me.

I am not going to get another one i do not use laptops enough.

even the memory do not work in the other machine, well it does, but not the whole lot only recognise 512MB from 2Gig.

Comments

• Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss :-(

But maybe Microsoft would be interested in your feedback and might even replace your laptop?**

After all they wouldn't want millions of new W10 users to go bang too, would they?
    That would be a bigger disaster than Vista and W8 combined.

**When hell freezes over
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe some self destruct code built into W10 which is Microsofts way of forcing you to upgrade?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss :-(

But maybe Microsoft would be interested in your feedback and might even replace your laptop?**

After all they wouldn't want millions of new W10 users to go bang too, would they?
    That would be a bigger disaster than Vista and W8 combined.

**When hell freezes over

LOL, I like that.
    If only, I would get them to get me a MAc. Oh it must be a PC.
    Um, not sure than really,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    Maybe some self destruct code built into W10 which is Microsofts way of forcing you to upgrade?

Not going to happen, well not with the laptop anyway. I do not use it enough to worry about.

I have got the other one with is a Extensa recognising 3GB of memory now, very strange as I always thought my old laptop only had 2GB.
    But nope it had a 2GB and 1 GB in

I also change the hard drive to the 120GB from the old machine, so got a spare 80Gb, no idea what good it will be for.

I will cope with this machine now, if it goes pop then I will have to see if I can justify the price of a laptop.
    Saying that with the problems I was having with my desktop last week, I nearly went out and got myself a Apple MAC mini. thankfully i saw sense and did not get it.
    YET.