12 Monkeys (UK Pace, Fridays @ 9pm on Syfy)

124»

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fell behind with this and trying to catch up but in the past couple of episodes I've been watching it realising it's not really doing anything for me.

Will watch Episode 6 tonight as I admit i was slightly intruiged by the alternate timeline he came back to, but i'm on the fence with it at the moment I must admit.
  • MacBurpMacBurp Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Fell behind with this and trying to catch up but in the past couple of episodes I've been watching it realising it's not really doing anything for me.

Will watch Episode 6 tonight as I admit i was slightly intruiged by the alternate timeline he came back to, but i'm on the fence with it at the moment I must admit.

The series does improve a fair amount after the alternative timeline ep, starting with Cole's adventures in Chechnya. Stick with it.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Colonel Foster seems to represent two post-apocalypse fiction cliches:

1) A military officer who stages a coup against what remains of the legitimate govt

2) A leader who "catches" religion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MacBurp wrote: »
    The series does improve a fair amount after the alternative timeline ep, starting with Cole's adventures in Chechnya. Stick with it.

I hope so, i did quite like it in the early episodes and I think the fact it's been renewed as well means they're going somewhere with the story at least.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I like the series. I watch it late at night so sometimes it's hard to keep up with all the jumps

like in the last episode where he was in the hole and was talking to a kid but they got shot 2 years into the future and was still talking to the kid.

I might have missed something there. Did he jump before he started talking to the kid?

Also was worried that the rest of the season would fizzle out if they'd destroyed the virus but they've worked around that.
    and also they still have to find the Army of the 12 Monkeys so still something to look forward to.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ Yes, it looks like he jumped before he woke up.

This is the most time-travel centric show I can think of. I'd exclude shows like Dr Who where the Tardis is mostly used at the beginning and end of the adventure rather than being a feature. Continuum only used time travel about three times in three seasons. 12 Monkeys is having a proper exploration.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got two episodes left to watch. I still kind of like it, but i still do find it a bit of a grind to get through.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Got two episodes left to watch. I still kind of like it, but i still do find it a bit of a grind to get through.

I'm beginning to feel the same. It's one of those shows that I enjoy when I watch it but don't feel particularly compelled to start watching it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I'm beginning to feel the same. It's one of those shows that I enjoy when I watch it but don't feel particularly compelled to start watching it!

I know that exact feeling :)

I'll see what happens with the season finale and if it intrigues me enough i'll probably start watching season 2 when it airs, but if not then i'll probably drop it.
    Forum Member
    I look forward to watching it. Usually on a Sunday night.

I wondered what would happen after Chechnya but it has developed well. I guess the Tokyo storyline will finish off the series.

Not sure where they can go after that. They said it was his last jump anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Season 2 starts on April 27th at 9pm

http://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/12-monkeys/
    Forum Member
    13 episodes again. I like that length of series.
  • jedi mattjedi matt Posts: 1,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its back next week at 9pm Wednesday night on SYFY followed by a 12am repeat the next morning so will be recording the repeat as I already record 2 other things at 9 on Wednesday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be recording the 9pm showing as I watch The 100 at 9 and Supernatural at 10
    Forum Member
    jedi matt wrote: »
    Well its back next week at 9pm Wednesday night on SYFY followed by a 12am repeat the next morning so will be recording the repeat as I already record 2 other things at 9 on Wednesday.
    Verence wrote: »
    I'll be recording the 9pm showing as I watch The 100 at 9 and Supernatural at 10

Seems to be a popular spot! I have Limitless and Saving Hope at the same time on Wednesday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brendan Coyle from Downton Abbey is in the first episode
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it took me a year but I've finally finished season 1 and in time for the new season.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We need a new thread since its now on a Wednesday and repeated on the Thursday. Hope people won't turn in on Friday night:confused:
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Well it took me a year but I've finally finished season 1 and in time for the new season.

I'm the same. I started losing motivation for it and stopped 3 episodes from the end last year because it was getting too depressing. I caught up last week and, I must say, I enjoyed the last three quite a bit!
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I'm the same. I started losing motivation for it and stopped 3 episodes from the end last year because it was getting too depressing. I caught up last week and, I must say, I enjoyed the last three quite a bit!
    I watched 4 episodes then I ended up having 9 episodes recorded on my sky planner. Didn't know if I would watch them. It wasn't bad, in fact when I was watching it I quite liked it, but it's one of those shows I didn't feel I need to watch right away.

Glad I did stick with it, thought it got more interesting after the Ramse twist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    We need a new thread since its now on a Wednesday and repeated on the Thursday. Hope people won't turn in on Friday night:confused:

'Tis done (as Timothy Claypole always used to say on Rentaghost)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=82235734#post82235734