How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    Just reached level 5 Ferrari accolade. Then I notice that you need to max out the accolade to get La Ferrari. I have 149 mile to go til that's full!😭😭 http://i.imgur.com/2fjVZME.png

Maybe the next challenge can involve a Ferrari that's low level to unlock to help get this?

DC has never stipulated it needed to be maxed, only to level 5.

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/587941253540642816
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    DC has never stipulated it needed to be maxed, only to level 5.

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/587941253540642816

On their facebook post where they announced what was in the 1.14 update, it says 'Complete Rank 5...'

I've already completed it :)
    Forum Member
    claymore74 wrote: »
    On their facebook post where they announced what was in the 1.14 update, it says 'Complete Rank 5...'

I've already completed it :)

Well that doesn't surprise me that the Game Director and Evolution are contradicting themselves, especially given their weird idea of 'soon' for certain features we're all still waiting on. :p

DC are doing a multiplayer Ferrari weekend to make the grinding less tedious for those that still need it.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, I wonder if you could find a track where you could just tape down the accelerator and go AFK to rack up the miles.. something I remember doing for GT back in the day, can't remember why though!
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    fluffed wrote: »
    Hm, I wonder if you could find a track where you could just tape down the accelerator and go AFK to rack up the miles.. something I remember doing for GT back in the day, can't remember why though!

I remember that! lol I done it in GT5 when PSN was down for weeks. Used an elastic band to hold the left stick in a direction & something to hold accelerate to go round the nascar type track with the Red Bull car.. As X was held in, it would auto restart when the race finished & do it all again. Think it was to level up or something. No tracks like that here though.

Getting the accolades isn't actually that hard. I was level 4 Ferrari without trying or even knowing
    Forum Member
    fluffed wrote: »

A rubber banding method is mentioned further down this page - http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/driveclub/249301-best-farming-xp-method-4.html

I did it all the boring laborious way back when there wasn't so many DLC packs to make the accolade farming seem less of a chore. :p I'm with you on GT though, that was for those utterly boring 2hr plus endurance races trying to win the F1 cars as a prize at the end, but it would always offer you the car you already had! >:(:D
    Forum Member
    Round 3 is over. Sub's challenge results.

Me next then and I've actually braved a drift event for a change. Drifting round Black Hills in the Aston Martin One-77, slightly cynically as I want to get the last 90 miles of the only manufacturer accolade left to max done. :p

I should have everyone, check your received challenges. Otherwise just message me and I'll add you in if I've missed you off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, thought it was a 9pm finish on this one, was just about to have a go for the last hour.

Pretty sure I could have found 0.005s to beat OMTT's time somewhere!

Oh well, drifting it is.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    🏁🏁🏁🏁 Points after Stage 3 of the 2nd Digital Spy Super Championship 🏁🏁🏁🏁

75 __ Lisa_B_87 (+25)
    68 __ speedy1013 (+24)
    67 __ SameCat (+21)
    62 __ iann34 (+20)
    62 __ OneManTagTeam (+23)
    53 __ darfi02 (+17)
    46 __ E5onAMP
    46 __ Claymore74 (+22)
    34 __ TommyNooka79 (+18)
    33 __ subcutaneousphat (+19)
    32 __ Mickey_Eyes
    17 __ Danger_Close1979
    16 __ Plazzio87 (+16)
    15 __ Random127

Please check your points for errors
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Round 3 is over. Sub's challenge results.

Me next then and I've actually braved a drift event for a change. Drifting round Black Hills in the Aston Martin One-77, slightly cynically as I want to get the last 90 miles of the only manufacturer accolade left to max done. :p

I should have everyone, check your received challenges. Otherwise just message me and I'll add you in if I've missed you off.

wow, first go and I managed to beat your score. Now that's unusual. 😜

LMAO.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hooray, a drift event. Thought I was gonna have to wait until it was my turn to do one.
    Forum Member
    wow, first go and I managed to beat your score. Now that's unusual. 😜

LMAO.

I took a leaf out of Yuffie's book and decided to pace myself. :D
    Forum Member
    Damn, thought it was a 9pm finish on this one, was just about to have a go for the last hour.
    Pretty sure I could have found 0.005s to beat OMTT's time somewhere!

Oh well, drifting it is.

Really close one that one. I could've came second but I bashed the bridge just before the final corner and it sent me snaking along it. Who is Plazzio87?

Just managed to unlock La Ferrari & got DS1 up to level 46 in the process. 7,000,000XP to the next level though! 😱

How many ranks is there for clubs? It seems like I was the only one that levelled the club up between when I turned it over to level 45 & reaching 46. I used to always get a club level progress update when I loaded the game up but haven't seen one for about a month now
    Forum Member
    Really close one that one. I could've came second but I bashed the bridge just before the final corner and it sent me snaking along it. Who is Plazzio87?

Just managed to unlock La Ferrari & got DS1 up to level 46 in the process. 7,000,000XP to the next level though! 😱

How many ranks is there for clubs? It seems like I was the only one that levelled the club up between when I turned it over to level 45 & reaching 46. I used to always get a club level progress update when I loaded the game up but haven't seen one for about a month now

They're from Sub's club.

There's 50 levels for the clubs at present. I guess it doesn't help you guys in DS1 that Yuffie's PS4 conked out, the new DLC will be out next week and that always draws everyone back.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All Pacesetter trophies done, next up Sakura!

The events that I initially despised (the 8 lap race in Dambusters and Twin Peaks with the crazy Twingos) turned out to be really fun once I got the hang of them.
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Being really lazy now, playing theTamil Nadu 2 time trial in a Ferrari Enzo with the R2 button stuck down with cellotape (couldn't find a rubber band) gonna leave it about 2/3 hours and hope I've maxed out level 5 for LaFerrari, currently about 88miles until I hit level 5
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I'm not participating much in the events at the moment. I'm finding it really difficult to drag myself away from Bloodborne.
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gonna try and play more :blush:
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    martytarty wrote: »
    Being really lazy now, playing the Tamil Nadu 2 time trial in a Ferrari Enzo with the R2 button stuck down with cellotape (couldn't find a rubber band) gonna leave it about 2/3 hours and hope I've maxed out level 5 for LaFerrari, currently about 88miles until I hit level 5

Glad I done this, saved me loads of tedious grinding, I just sat back watching the football along with other TV shows, I was occasionally checking to make sure the car was still stuttering around the track, most of the time the car would automatically reset back to the track and only on 2/3 occasions the car got stuck in a 360 loop which is when I needed to press the track reset button. Best method of checking without changing channels was to simply see if my Dualshock 4 was still rumbling, if it stopped then I knew to press reset button.

With just the r2 button pressed down a lap can still be done in under 1 min 30 seconds.

Anyway after a few hours I checked my Ferrari accolade and I was just 7 miles away from completing level 5, so I went back to time trial and quickly done the last 7 miles.

Got my LaFerrari now, very happy :D
    Forum Member
    I've not even used La Ferrari yet after unlocking it.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I am going to have to join a club, and join in with some of the challenges.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As luck would have it, I'm a big fan of Ferrari so I'm half way through level 4 without even trying. Shouldn't have much to do to get the LaFarrari.
    Forum Member
    Gave the new challenge a shot & it's so annoying!! I do great on the first corner & all the way through but mess up the last corner. Or mess the first corner & ace the final. 18,500-19,000 is probably doable but I can't get the perfect run
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As luck would have it, I'm a big fan of Ferrari so I'm half way through level 4 without even trying. Shouldn't have much to do to get the LaFarrari.

Yeah, I went through a stage of using the Enzo quite a lot, so I'd completed level 5 already.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gave the new challenge a shot & it's so annoying!! I do great on the first corner & all the way through but mess up the last corner. Or mess the first corner & ace the final. 18,500-19,000 is probably doable but I can't get the perfect run

That last corner ghost of yours looks pretty good now ;)

First corner, i dunno what to do. I got 6.7 something once (obviously cocked up the rest of the lap), and I'm not sure exactly how.. I know it was staying on the track is all, but you and Lisa both did the `go as fast as poss, clip the apex and fly off the track` style which seems just as good... hmm.