Options

Supernatural - Season 10 - US Pace

Comments

• Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member

Not on until next Tuesday :(

Yes the big 200th episode :)

Jared, Jensen and Misha are all up for best sci-fi/fantasy actor for the People's Choice awards http://vote.peopleschoice.com/#!/home/all/44/2

Jared and Jensen are also up for best duo, and Supernatural for best show.
    Not bad for a such an old show :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Episode 200 airs in the States tonight.

Even digi spy has a piece on it despite it having no one showing Supernatural on TV in the UK anymore, not even Netflix, and no season 9 dvd release. :(
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s6/supernatural/news/a609400/supernatural-exec-on-200th-episode-its-a-love-letter-to-the-fans.html
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I went into that thinking it was going to be a cringefest and yes, while there were a couple of moments when I wanted to hide it was pretty okay, certainly better than some shows who reach milestones (I'm looking at you Vampire diaries with your need to shoehorn in every character ever!).

Might even have teared up a bit at the end.
  • Options
    Choc13257weqChoc13257weq Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Who was Dean quoting? And who was the guy at the end?

I thought it was a fun episode, very enjoyable.
    Made me want to go and rewatch all the similar episodes.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    That was Chuck; the prophet who wrote the Supernatural books in the show. His story concluded at the same time of the Apocalypse, when the final scene showed him disappearing into thin air; there were rumours back then that he was in fact God, but I never put much truth in them.
  • Options
    servelanservelan Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Well, I admit I cried.
    For most of the last 10 mins
    And laughed out loud.
    I'm glad they did proper SPN story but with added meta. The sort of stuff that makes Supernatural so good.
    Acting master class from Mr Ackles. His comic timing was superb
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I loved it.

Great acting from everyone including the young cast, and some rather good musical numbers too. I have been singing "I'm big brother Dean" all morning since watching it.

I would still say that The French Mistake is my favourite comedy episode but Fan Fiction was pretty good.

I had a huge grin on my face when Chuck appeared!!!
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an amazing episode. I had feels throughout. xD

If this was the finale to the whole show, I think it would've been amazinng. Loved it.

Can't wait to see what they got planned for the upcoming episodes.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention how I loved that they called it the Samulet, just like fandom has been calling it. Hope they keep it dangling from the mirror.:D
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought it was a fun episode, very enjoyable.
    Made me want to go and rewatch all the similar episodes.

How could you not know or remember Chuck? :o
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that was so much better than I expected it to be I LOVED everything about it :D It's deffo up there with my fav episodes :D
  • Options
    Choc13257weqChoc13257weq Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »
    How could you not know or remember Chuck? :o

Thanks for the name of the character
    I remember the character. I just have a terrible memory for faces!
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it too after fearing the worst. It was also good to see Adam finally getting a mention again.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand musical shows but actually enjoyed that episode, had a lump in my throat too that final song was amazing.
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    that was bloody amazing, i had chills when they sand carry on my wayward son (love that song)

oh and chuck is back
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved it. Dean's total horror. Cas/dean:D:D:D

Chuck!!!! Wonder if he got his 13 virgins in Heaven;-) I still remember him phoning trying to order the call girls to before the Apocalypse hit.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Fantastic episode, best one in a long time. I can't believe they finally mentioned Adam! The looks on Sam and Dean's faces were brilliant.

I also loved Dean defending Carry On My Wayward Son as a great song.

There's a post that goes around Tumblr saying that the final scene of Supernatural should be Sam and Dean in the car when that song comes on the radio, and Dean turns it off saying he never liked that song. I still love that idea.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that was bloody amazing, i had chills when they sand carry on my wayward son (love that song)

oh and chuck is back

The version from SPN Tuesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrLSl85ZYo4&list=UU-B3KJtp2YOa5FyTVhFUdWw
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can download the songs from the Supernatural Musical on itunes! Also one of them is free here:
    http://www.watertower-music.com/releases_spotlight.php?search=WTM39619_super200
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Boxset of Seasons 1 - 8 is a Deal of the Day on Amazon at the moment.
  • Options
    MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic episode, best one in a long time. I can't believe they finally mentioned Adam! The looks on Sam and Dean's faces were brilliant.

I also loved Dean defending Carry On My Wayward Son as a great song.

There's a post that goes around Tumblr saying that the final scene of Supernatural should be Sam and Dean in the car when that song comes on the radio, and Dean turns it off saying he never liked that song. I still love that idea.
    Agree completely... but it might be better if the post ending has John and Mary in the back seat telling them to turn it back on and when the brothers look back they see them for an instant before riding off into the sunset. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Most people think it was a great episode.
    But if you want a laugh you should read the negativity over on the IMDB forums.

Thanks for the link for the free mp3 download Sharon :)
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    The Boxset of Seasons 1 - 8 is a Deal of the Day on Amazon at the moment.

Damn, if only I had a spare £30 :(
  • Options
    edwinbotedwinbot Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    That was Chuck; the prophet who wrote the Supernatural books in the show. His story concluded at the same time of the Apocalypse, when the final scene showed him disappearing into thin air; there were rumours back then that he was in fact God, but I never put much truth in them.

Thanks. Terrible with faces as well. Explains how he knew to put a mac on before the scarescrow exploded over the audience. Prophet!!
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edwinbot wrote: »
    Thanks. Terrible with faces as well. Explains how he knew to put a mac on before the scarescrow exploded over the audience. Prophet!!

That wasn't Chuck, totally different person.