Options

Marvel's Agent Carter

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every episode of this was brilliant. Way, WAY better than anything Agents of SNORE has managed to do in two (almost) full seasons so far, with the exception of half a dozen episodes when Hydra took over SHIELD. Meanwhile this engaged me week after week after week.

And I just LOVE Agent Carter. She. Is. Brilliant.

More of this, I hope. I would be extremely surprised if there wasn't any.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dont be silly. AOS is far superior

carter was a great show though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    dont be silly. AOS is far superior

carter was a great show though.

Don't confuse your opinion with 'fact'.

Your opinion is AOS is better. My opinion is I turn it on and twenty minutes later find myself surfing the web on my iPad. With Agent Carter I turned it on and 45 minutes later was gutted the episode was over.

So, yeah.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was the main storyline of starks missing equipment more epic than hydra take over or skye becoming an inhuman? not really

have their been any shock character deaths or truly memorable moments on AC? not really

however like i said before i really enjoyed the mini series, and i hope it gets a second season.

sometimes its possible to enjoy 2 things and not play them off against each other.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    my opinion is the only one that matters....to me of course

was the main storyline of starks missing equipment more epic than hydra take over or skye coming an inhuman? not really

have their been any shock character deaths or truly memorable moments on AC? not really

however like i said before i really enjoyed the mini series, and i hope it gets a second season.

sometimes its possible to enjoy 2 things and not play them off against each other.

It matters in that the execs might cancel one over the other if they don't do well.

Also the only real shock death in AC was the one where the boss had to jump out of the window to save them all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It matters in that the execs might cancel one over the other if they don't do well.

Also the only real shock death in AC was the one where the boss had to jump out of the window to save them all.

hopefully they both did well enough for ABC to keep them going.

yeh that bit was cool, AC had a more light hearted tone though so it was bit harder to convey tragedy for them.
  • Options
    G_SalesG_Sales Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I loved this series.
    Atwill was simply superb. I can see many cosplaying as Peggy at cons now.
    I was gutted when it ended and hope it gets a second series. I thought it was THAT good.
    and Jarvis and Stark? wonderful.
    This is a world I very much want to se more of.
    So Marvel-more please
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I watched all 8 episodes yesterday. It was very good but it's hard to compare with AoS as I see them as two different genres, really. Agent Carter came across as more of a period detective drama while AoS is a full-blown, high tech, special effects comic book action extravaganza.

If I had to choose I'd choose to keep AoS over AC but I'd prefer not to have to choose. They're both great shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I watched all 8 episodes yesterday. It was very good but it's hard to compare with AoS as I see them as two different genres, really. Agent Carter came across as more of a period detective drama while AoS is a full-blown, high tech, special effects comic book action extravaganza.

If I had to choose I'd choose to keep AoS over AC but I'd prefer not to have to choose. They're both great shows.

It's a shame Peggy can't be in AoS, she'd make a great team member.

Perhaps they could have a time travel episode where she comes forward into the future.
  • Options
    BanziBabyBanziBaby Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    It would really be a shame if Agent Carter was axed in favour of a Agents of Shield spin off. Hayley Atwell is a really good actress, where as Adrianne Palicki is absolutely dreadful & has the acting ability of a plank of wood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BanziBaby wrote: »
    It would really be a shame if Agent Carter was axed in favour of a Agents of Shield spin off. Hayley Atwell is a really good actress, where as Adrianne Palicki is absolutely dreadful & has the acting ability of a plank of wood.
    She's no Agent Carter that's for sure.

A bit too bland for my liking but I do fancy her.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member

What spin off is that? :confused:
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    What spin off is that? :confused:

A Spin Off featuring
    Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter
    as the leads is in development.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    A Spin Off featuring
    Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter
    as the leads is in development.

Oh no. not for me thanks. Sounds like a weaker version of AoS.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I've finally watched Agent Carter. Loved it, I will be absolutely gutted if they don't announce a second series.
  • Options
    beatrice39beatrice39 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was okay. I wouldn't call it great though. It doesn't need a second series either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    beatrice39 wrote: »
    I thought it was okay. I wouldn't call it great though. It doesn't need a second series either.

Of course it needs a 2nd series, it is about the creation of SHIELD, you can't get much more important than that in terms of the SHIELD universe.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course it needs a 2nd series, it is about the creation of SHIELD, you can't get much more important than that in terms of the SHIELD universe.

I have to agree with you there.

A second season would be able to show the beginnings of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Thought that Hayley Atwell was terrific, especially in all those 40's fashions.......:blush:
  • Options
    MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm wrong but from what the rumors have been ABC/Disney planned to have seasons of 11-13 episodes of AoS then a break show of 8-13 episodes then resume AoS. The break shows would be Agent Carter or AoS spin offs. One of these would become a series show of 11-13 episodes followed by a break show followed by the season run. ABC has plans for 2 more spin offs of AoS at present. Based on the rumors one series would have AoS as the lead-in for the spin-off:

Show 1: at time slot 1

11 eps of AoS followed by mid-season Agent Carter or AoS spin-off followed by the remaining eps of AoS

Show 2: at time slo 2

11 eps of Spin-off followed by mid-season Agent Carter or AoS spin-off followed by the remaining eps of AoS

Right now, there's supposedly a 60% chance of Agent Carter getting a second series making this a possibility:

11 eps of Agent Carter followed by Spin-off followed by the remaining episodes of Agent Carter

Either way would be fine with me...:D
  • Options
    HowjoHowjo Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    just seen this , for me was very good not great, agree that it cleay does deserve 2nd series .

weakest episode for me was the last one , seem to finish a little early, but then again if it is to be a standalone single series, then it was probably an ideal way to say goodbye to the characters
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently decision on whether it'll be renewed or not will be in 3 weeks. Hope it is because I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I'm completely confused by the situation with Agent Carter as I've been reading a lot of different versions about a second season.Some saying its certain to have a second season to fill the winter break of AOS and others that say that it's been cancelled in favour of the AOS spin off show.I hope we find out soon though!
  • Options
    MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I'm completely confused by the situation with Agent Carter as I've been reading a lot of different versions about a second season.Some saying its certain to have a second season to fill the winter break of AOS and others that say that it's been cancelled in favour of the AOS spin off show.I hope we find out soon though!

I don't blame you for being confused.

The problem with shows like Carter and with Constantine are the ratings. If they had won or done well against their rivals during the original airing, there would be no question regarding renewal. BUT, they didn't. Usually this means cancellation but there are other factors. It used to be that US networks gave shows 3 years to get their act together. That stopped for a while but the internet changed a lot of that and some shows that died an early death found new life on the internet and a steady fan base. And, no one wants to make the mistake of giving up on a show too soon.

Agents of SHIELD is a case in point. in the 1990s, that show would have been canned after the 12th episode but Disney didn't give up on it. And, it's been a marketer's dream for ABC this year. Another show like that is MERLIN. Sure, it was a BBC production but after NBC cancelled the US airings on its network, it lost big in the US marketplace even though it showed the subsequent episodes on its SyFy channel.

So, the networks are looking at other factors regarding demographics for a hint to gauge whether to keep a show or not. And as much as the initial feedback from the "fans" was negative, there's always been a core group that's stuck with Carter and that included among other things a key buyers market that's been untapped and a very desirable marketing demographic which makes Carter stack up really good against the competition. And, that's why the networks are delaying a decision.

Constantine suffers a similar problem but a US network like NBC has boundaries which the fans want to cross and its problem is where to put that show if it does get renewed.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I want both Agent Carter and Constantine to both get second seasons which I think is very unlikely!

It's a pity that both these shows didn't get a proper full length first season instead of the shorter versions that we did get

I think that Agent Carter is more likely to get a second season than Constantine though!
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually Agent Carter’s negative spin on ratings has been one of the most confusing things for me tbh, because it retained AoS audience, did well in the DVR ratings, and still was able to come second to the juggernaut that is NCIS. It improved 25% that timeslot for ABC which has always been one they’ve struggled to fill too. Then it’s managed to hit number one in teen viewership too, sure they don’t go and buy the stuff companies are advertising, but that’s pretty decent. It didn’t do bad at all really, but it didn’t do excellent either. Comparing it to ABC’s other mid season disappointments and its budget, it’s done actually pretty well. But the question is does Peggy Carter’s face fit at ABC? From what I’ve seen and heard, no it doesn’t. Can’t help feeling Marvel should have gone to Netflix with this tbh.

On another note, the amount of Peggy Carter cosplays at conventions atm is kind of extraordinary. It’s nice to see Hayley Atwell get a little bit of a fandom rallying around her too, I’ve always felt she’s been a great actress, and her performance in Agent Carter was truly excellent imo.