Lalla Ward on Graeme Norton R2

CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
Forum Member
✭✭
Lalla Ward is on the Greame Norton show on Radio 2 next Saturday(17/03/12). Should be a interesting chat, wonder if she will discuss her relationship with Tom Baker...

Comments

• Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Lalla Ward is on the Greame Norton show on Radio 2 next Saturday(17/03/12). Should be a interesting chat, wonder if she will discuss her relationship with Tom Baker...

Almost certainly not i would say.

Lalla Ward is the ultimate GILF.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Almost certainly not i would say.

Lalla Ward is the ultimate GILF.
    She still looks good at 60, would like her to return to Doctor Who but cannot see it happening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She still looks good at 60, would like her to return to Doctor Who but cannot see it happening.

I would love to see it too, for a regeneration scene if nothing else. I do think she'd be one of the most popular calls for a 50th anniversary reprisal.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please bring back Mary Tamm!! The original Romana RULES!!! I can see the stones of blood coming AAARRRGH!!!:D

Mary was the sensual Frida, whilst Lalla was... Agne- wait, she was more like that annoying brat from Chittychittybangbang!:o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    Please bring back Mary Tamm!! The original Romana RULES!!! I can see the stones of blood coming AAARRRGH!!!:D

Mary was the sensual Frida, whilst Lalla was... Agne- wait, she was more like that annoying brat from Chittychittybangbang!:o:D

Mary Tamm was awesome too. possibly the sexiest companion until Amy Pond.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Mary Tamm was awesome too. possibly the sexiest companion until Amy Pond.

Yes, there is something awesome about a beautiful woman who can prove that she's smarter than the Doctor, even though his practical experience gives him the edge. Some people feel threatened by an intelligent woman, I guess, but I see it as a bonus. I read somewhere that she left the show because she didn't feel she was being treated well.
  • bigaltbigalt Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always found Lalla Ward as the second Romana a bit of a pain, preferred Mary Tamm. But to give her credit she was very good in Gallifrey, even if it did go a bit strange in the last series.
  • trilobitetrilobite Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary Tamm for me too. She was always glamorous, even when she was dressing down. I loved her costumes.

I remember being dismayed that Adric, Tegan and Nyssa were always stuck in the same costumes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trilobite wrote: »
    Mary Tamm for me too. She was always glamorous, even when she was dressing down. I loved her costumes.

I remember being dismayed that Adric, Tegan and Nyssa were always stuck in the same costumes.
    They must have stunk for days, imagine never changing your clothes!:D
  • swadeyswadey Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Apart from the obvious, why is she on GN ? Is she doing something topical.

Anyhow, she will NOT talk about Tom, she pre-warns convention organisers that those questions are "off limits".:p
  • DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    swadey wrote: »
    Apart from the obvious, why is she on GN ? Is she doing something topical.

Anyhow, she will NOT talk about Tom, she pre-warns convention organisers that those questions are "off limits".:p

I'll run around the streets nekid if she does talk about TB:D But I'm ssure she'll talk about him in relation to her time on DW,that is after all, mainly why she is famous!
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see it too, for a regeneration scene if nothing else. I do think she'd be one of the most popular calls for a 50th anniversary reprisal.
    Is it possible Sophia Myles is going to be the new Romana?
    (Well someone had to say it) :D
  • Cameron KMcEwanCameron KMcEwan Posts: 1,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can listen to the interview here:

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/lalla-ward-interview.html

Pretty good, about 16 minutes in total.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i liked her in Vampire Circus.
    Forum Member
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    I'll run around the streets nekid if she does talk about TB:D But I'm ssure she'll talk about him in relation to her time on DW,that is after all, mainly why she is famous!

Erm...ok...wishing I'd chosen my words more carefully!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope you enjoy your naked ramble down the street!:D
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does talk about Tom. Its a lovely interview. What a witty funny woman.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member

We look forward to your photos of the event being uploaded. do post the link, won't you. ;)
    Forum Member
    Hope you enjoy your naked ramble down the street!:D
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    We look forward to your photos of the event being uploaded. do post the link, won't you. ;)

Got arrested...apparently the woman down the road took offence!:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got arrested...apparently the woman down the road took offence!:(
    Was she a traffic warden?:D
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    I always preferred Mary Tamm to Lalla Ward. But recently have become fond of Romana II.

Just recently watched the fun documentary on the Warrior's Gate dvd extras called 'Lalla's Wardrobe'. Its a bit of fun, and reminds me of how great she looked.