Options

blatent London bias in auditions

somerset foxsomerset fox Posts: 728
Forum Member
✭✭
So, last week, i don't remember one duff act in the London section, but oh boy, when they hit Birmingham, (ie not cool 'London') it's full of ugly, flat no-hopers.
Guess What, this week in Cardiff, full of no-hopers and ugly types, but when they go to London again, suddenly everyone can sing, excpet Ham 'n Eggs (or whatever they were called).
Such blatent London bias.

Comments

• Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ditto with the Dublin audition : only two acts could sing (Mary and Rebecca)....everyone else was tone deaf and offkey.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't bias. It is simply because everyone in London is super-talented.

Have you ever met a Londoner who wasn't a great singer? Thought not...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The London session I was at A LOT of people got told no, it's just the editing.
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were also 4 days of London auditions whereas the other cities were less - one or two days mainly -I think Manchester was 3. A bigger pool to draw from hence more airtime.
  • Options
    memeromemero Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all the auto tune equipment is in London
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmm true :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Chas and Dave are perfect examples of the quality of London singers.
  • Options
    blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, last week, i don't remember one duff act in the London section, but oh boy, when they hit Birmingham, (ie not cool 'London') it's full of ugly, flat no-hopers.
    Guess What, this week in Cardiff, full of no-hopers and ugly types, but when they go to London again, suddenly everyone can sing, excpet Ham 'n Eggs (or whatever they were called).
    Such blatent London bias.

bun 'nd cheese, as if you didn't know.
  • Options
    humdrummerhumdrummer Posts: 4,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My oh and I were talking about this and we think it's got more to do with the 'stories' and continuity as London also has never had a guest judge, therefore continuity shots are easier to do.

Also i wouldn't be surprised if London was used for the invited/put forward auditionees.
  • Options
    Adrian01Adrian01 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ofcourse , always has been this way ! Also a 15 minute show for the whole of scotland and hours on hours of london QQ
  • Options
    PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    There were also 4 days of London auditions whereas the other cities were less - one or two days mainly -I think Manchester was 3. A bigger pool to draw from hence more airtime.

Perhaps London had more days because it's the capital and the population is about 7 times as much as Birmingham? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's because London has a bigger pool to draw from and not everybody is related to each other like they are in "the provinces"!
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phoebica wrote: »
    Perhaps London had more days because it's the capital and the population is about 7 times as much as Birmingham? :rolleyes:

No need for the "rolly eye" smiley - Im well aware of that....I was just simply pointing out for people that MIGHT NOT have realised that they spent longer in London than the other cities......
  • Options
    Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    They should have auditions in some smaller cities. Unfair on them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    get over it
    are there any successful x factor winners who weren't from London??
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have auditions in some smaller cities. Unfair on them.

People really shouldn't live in smaller cities. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I for one am happy to see the little known and under exposed borough of London finally getting some airtime.

For a place I had rarely heard of before, I like many others, was surprised to discover this rarely mentioned part of the country is in fact the centre of the known Universe.

I'm glad to see such a place finally getting some attention. I hope this leads to some token investment from the government to help get it on the map. I know times are hard, but poor old London needs all the help it can get I think.
  • Options
    deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's because London has a bigger pool to draw from and not everybody is related to each other like they are in "the provinces"!

Yes, those of us unfortunate enough to live in Bumfcuk are all related. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how bitter everyone is...
    Clearly London is the best place in the whole of the UK...

and im not even being sarcastic
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Manchester must have lots of talent too, since they've given it two full shows.
  • Options
    robtuk06robtuk06 Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Manchester must have lots of talent too, since they've given it two full shows.

And if it is two full shows, that will be more than London, right? They have only had 1/3 to 1/2 of the previous shows?
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show's producers know by now what sort of numbers to expect at each location so put on the number of audition days accordingly. There is not only a larger population in London but the catchment area around it would also draw in more auditonees than other cities.
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The London session I was at A LOT of people got told no, it's just the editing.

Which is where the bias shows up....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    London is just a hub...a huge one. Many people from the south and surrounding counties go to the London auditions. Heck even people from Paris go down to London auditions. Not everyone that goes to London is just from London. People need to get over this bias notion. London is a huge city so of course it will have a lot more airtime due to the number of people who audition there.
  • Options
    glitta17glitta17 Posts: 2,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They showed London every week but never showed the brilliant acts on my day, or any of the acts for that matter! are they going back?