Options

Frankie's Rumba 10 from Bruno was ridiculous

Strictly_fanStrictly_fan Posts: 16,685
Forum Member
✭✭
What a 10. Not worth a 10 not chance. It wasn't even a Rumba more a Waltz in my opinion. Personally I would've given it a 6. Too over marked

Comments

• Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it was a sweet performance IMO.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't have given it ❿ but I liked it. It was kinda sweet.

Plus the ❿ gave us quite a rare ❼ -❽-❾-❿ scoreline.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally ridiculous. To me it looked like she had alot of ballerina training from her younger days and they just wanted to add it in. A rhumba is supposed to be sexy. They didn't even dance close together
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    It just goes to show how differently we all see the dances, even the judges had very differing thoughts on Frankie's Rumba, I thought it was absolutely awful, and just like Mark's it was an unusual take on a Rumba, but I thought Mark's Rumba was beautiful and far superior to Frankie's. I would have given Frankie's a 6 and Mark's an 8.
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    Totally ridiculous. To me it looked like she had alot of ballerina training from her younger days and they just wanted to add it in. A rhumba is supposed to be sexy. They didn't even dance close together

A rumba can be anything you want it to be. Its open to interpretation.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I loved it, and personally I think Bruno was right to give it a 10, as I would have done, oh and by the way a rumba doesn't have to be sexy, it can be romantic like Frankie's, but it comes down to personal tastes and I like the romantic rumba and the sexy one. :)
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scoring is all subjective, all the judges (even Craig) often score higher because of the performance moving them.
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the rumba should just be renamed and be freestyle from what I am gathering........ the distinctive hip movements from good foot, leg and knee action is not a requirement?........lol shame the memo hadn't gone out earlier, all those poor celebs attempting those moves and being panned and marked down and have exited the competition on the back of trying.....she is poor in latin and those steps would have highlighted that, that's a cop out and at this stage in the game, a poor show imo.
    Still it was clearly a crowd pleaser which is all that matters...Craig got the score right.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumba doesn't have to be sexy, that's a ridiculous notion perpetuated by Strictly over the years, and well done Karen and Kevin for choosing not to conform.

That said though, Frankie was so incredibly stiff throughout that dance that it ruined it completely, and I thought the whole concept was rubbish. No way did it deserve anything near a 10.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Bruno thought it was a 10, and he is the one paid to give his opinion.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite liked it. I'm all in favour of moving away from the type of rumba we usually get on SCD. Ugh! I think I might have liked Mark and Karen's too but I have a feet phobia :o so couldn't watch!
  • Options
    nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    Wouldn't have given it ❿ but I liked it. It was kinda sweet.

Plus the ❿ gave us quite a rare ❼ -❽-❾-❿ scoreline.

The scoreline reflects what is being said on here - that it divided opinion. It was unconventional and some people really liked it (I did), others hated it. You could tell from the way he spoke about it that Bruno was really moved by it so I wasn't surprised by the 10.
  • Options
    Bonita222Bonita222 Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I liked it! :)
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig giving it a 7 and Mark's rumba a 9 was ridiculous
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree it wasn't quite a 10, but I think that balanced Craig's seven. 8,8,9,9 would have been more appropriate.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was gorgeous and had a progressive approach to a normally quite dull dance.

Well deserved 10.
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    i thought it was a good dance, they pitched it right and the score line was fair enough.

no-one would have stomached / bought the frankie-and-kevin-get-hot'n'heavy version....

:o^_^
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a good dance, Bruno goes for the overall performance, her AT deserved more marks.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brendan managed a romantic rumba for Sophie last year which at least was still recognisably a rumba. So there are no excuses for the twee stiff routine Kevin choreographed. Nor for the lack of any hip action from Mark.
  • Options
    robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    What a 10. Not worth a 10 not chance. It wasn't even a Rumba more a Waltz in my opinion. Personally I would've given it a 6. Too over marked
    Sigh...another caroline fan..
    ...but worth more than 7 (craig) in the context of other dances by different celebs which have been way overmarked over the series, and for that matter in the SF....I thought you might have whined at mark's nine more, presumably extra marks for no shoes.;-)
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robbleona wrote: »
    Sigh...another caroline fan..
    ...but worth more than 7 (craig) in the context of other dances by different celebs which have been way overmarked over the series, and for that matter in the SF....I thought you might have whined at mark's nine more, presumably extra marks for no shoes.;-)

Strictly_fan is an out & out Pixie devotee.

I thought ALL dances were overmarked but the leaderboard correct.
  • Options
    kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was supposed to be stiff as she was in character?

I wouldn't have given it a 10 even though she danced it well as I didn't think it had that much content.
  • Options
    alimyleralimyler Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    In terms of all the marking it thought it was fair. The only overmarking for me was Darcy giving Simon a 9 for a Samba that contained a huge mistake and Frankie an 8 for a Rumba that was really well danced!
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    A rumba can be anything you want it to be. Its open to interpretation.

Well not quite...
    I mean, it can't be a jive for instance.

Although give it another series...
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruno thought it was a 10, and he is the one paid to give his opinion.

He should give his money back.